PVP will be an expansion pack

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 26 Next
what's the timetable for 1.05? 2 more months?
this game !@#$ing sucks, its quite obvious you quit caring about it before it was released, due to the fact mists of pandaria was coming out soon to be your cash cow again, monsters that %^-* all over you and cause a 24k repair bill isnt a fun game at all its bull!@#$ and stupid, grinding gear for months on end in the same %^-*ty place is also garbage, !@#$ you blizzard.
You really think they are going to make a whole new set of items just by adding in patch? I really bet it is going to be in an expansion. 1.10 probably wont even be out from a year from now if it goes at this rate on how long the patches take to be done. Just look at how long it took from 1.04 to when 1.05 was announced to now. Do the math.

Its still a possibility but it isnt stupid to think it wont happen. The game is already going downhill they probably tested the PvP Realm with the current items/builds now and eralized it wasnt good enough or it was severely unbalanced. Why else for the delay? We all saw the videos from that blizzcon in 2010. They obviously had it already set up but chose not to release for who knows what reason. All we can do is speculate.

Math is a funny thing. We've gone from 1.0 to 1.05 in 5 months.

If you didn't notice by the post about monster power today, and the minor bug fixes in the PTR yesterday, 1.05 is about to go live any day now.

So really, that's an average of one patch a month. 1 week of developing, 3 weeks of testing and bug fixes.

That's a pretty good clip in the software world.

So that leaves 5 version numbers until we arrive at 1.1 -- which blizzard even said the other day it may not actually end up 5 patches due to the process of versioning. So I'd say January is looking like a great candidate for PvP release window.

So 2.5 months or so until I can collect your ear, provided all goes steady as it has been.

Math, figure that.

P.S.

Blizzard's original target for PvP launch was ~12/x/2012 and they just recently said they might miss that mark by a little bit, hence my assumption that we'd be getting it January at earliest, February at latest. Either way, in three months time, I'm confident I'll be killing some of you guys in the PvP Arena.

I figure the versioning will go, 1.06 [November] -> 1.07 [December] -> 1.08 [January] -> 1.1 [February]

And even 1.08 might be skipped, who knows -- I don't see the future, I just make educated guesses based on trends and blue posts.
10/10/2012 11:25 AMPosted by GergSmash
since the RMAH was no where near the success they had hoped

...I'd love to see the statistic your quoting that says both what they're "hoped" income was and how it was "no where near" that point.

::facepalm::
10/11/2012 04:57 PMPosted by BrutalFK
this game !@#$ing sucks, its quite obvious you quit caring about it before it was released, due to the fact mists of pandaria was coming out soon to be your cash cow again, monsters that %^-* all over you and cause a 24k repair bill isnt a fun game at all its bull!@#$ and stupid, grinding gear for months on end in the same %^-*ty place is also garbage, !@#$ you blizzard.

Shut up and learn how to play! IF NOT, GTFO!
Blizzard's working on it, and when it's done it's done. They're unlike other game companies that neglect their customers.

Ok sureee their CS aren't the best in the world, and probably average at best, but it's not going to change the fact that Diablo 3 have been played for tens of thousands hours if not millions hours by people around the world.

Give them a slack.
10/10/2012 01:54 PMPosted by iammorrison
They have failed to a massive degree. They have converted this game into "pay to win" already, imagine when PvP comes out? The fact that the RM auction house exists is detrimental to any real balanced competitive gameplay. So it wont have anything to do with skill, just whos willing to drop a couple hundred bucks on gear, thats why PvP hasnt happened (among other things). A 6 year old could see this coming...
nobody use RMAH anyway

It shouldn’t be all that hard to believe, because we’ve never charged extra for our ongoing hotfixes, patches, or features in any of our Diablo titles (Diablo III included), and PvP is no exception. In recent months, we’ve added new and improved Legendaries, the Paragon system, and, coming in patch 1.0.5, the Monster Power system and the Infernal Machine event. We want to make Diablo the best possible game it can be, and we’re committed to making PvP be worthwhile and compelling as well.

You act like it's so generous of Blizzard to provide "free" PvP 6 months after release in a triple AAA title which cost $60. It's not generous, its a sorry excuse for game development. People aren't going for the pay now, patch and finish later approach to PC game sales.

It shouldn’t be all that hard to believe, because we’ve never charged extra for our ongoing hotfixes, patches, or features in any of our Diablo titles (Diablo III included), and PvP is no exception. In recent months, we’ve added new and improved Legendaries, the Paragon system, and, coming in patch 1.0.5, the Monster Power system and the Infernal Machine event. We want to make Diablo the best possible game it can be, and we’re committed to making PvP be worthwhile and compelling as well.

You act like it's so generous of Blizzard to provide "free" PvP 6 months after release in a triple AAA title which cost $60. It's not generous, its a sorry excuse for game development. People aren't going for the pay now, patch and finish later approach to PC game sales.

I'm sorry, did your box say it had PVP on it? Did you even buy a box or did you just download it and not read anything about it?

Alot of people want PVP, but clearly the system is broken right now, and people with alot more legitimate concerns are complaining about real things that need to get fixed before we can even consider PVP in D3.

If I had to deal with PVP with D3 as it is,i would break my screen and quit playing.

Quit acting like you're entitled to some standard of gaming and that a game needs to deliver you the content you want. I'm glad they aren't listening to idiots like you.
10/11/2012 06:14 PMPosted by Dalamarius
Quit acting like you're entitled to some standard of gaming and that a game needs to deliver you the content you want.

I'm a consumer, Blizzard gets my money if they give me what I want. If they want ANY more money out of me for any game, they need to step up and deliver $60 worth of gaming, because so far they haven't.
Quit acting like you're entitled to some standard of gaming and that a game needs to deliver you the content you want.

I'm a consumer, Blizzard gets my money if they give me what I want. If they want ANY more money out of me for any game, they need to step up and deliver $60 worth of gaming, because so far they haven't.

News flash dude, they got your money. They sold you a product and a license, not a service. And they are offering you a service of updating it for free.

It's like a restaurant, sometimes they read the suggestion box and the complaints box, but unless you complain before you pay for the meal, I don't suggest holding your breath expecting them to cater to you.

In all of the places people bought D3, online, store, wtf ever. It never said PVP. They talked about it, but it's not on the box, or the product description online.

It also is not ready for PVP, as previously discussed. So anyone crying about why it's not here really isn't thinking about what they're saying. Because if you force them to make PVP right now, it will suck, the game is not ready for that.
10/10/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Plaguespree
PvP in Diablo 3? Yeah right.

PVP is patch 1.1.0

idk why the hell everyone thinks its never getting released or is a expansion pack
10/10/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Vaeflare
As we’ve stated previously, the PvP content we are currently working on will be included in a future patch at no additional cost, just like the content we provide in our ongoing patches (1.0.4, 1.0.5, etc.).

Really? Because originally Blizzard assured us that PvP would be available at LAUNCH.

Then a few weeks out from launch you guys changed your minds.

So why take what you say at face value?
Don't take what someone says at face value, get into the habit of reading product descriptions or checking the box. Hell, get in the habit of buying a box for things rather than just downloading them. What you bought is written very clearly on a piece of paper, or in a product description in a text field somewhere.
D3 is the first game where the forums is funnier than the game itself :/

News flash dude, they got your money. They sold you a product and a license, not a service. And they are offering you a service of updating it for free.

It's like a restaurant, sometimes they read the suggestion box and the complaints box, but unless you complain before you pay for the meal, I don't suggest holding your breath expecting them to cater to you.

In all of the places people bought D3, online, store, wtf ever. It never said PVP. They talked about it, but it's not on the box, or the product description online.

It also is not ready for PVP, as previously discussed. So anyone crying about why it's not here really isn't thinking about what they're saying. Because if you force them to make PVP right now, it will suck, the game is not ready for that.

I have to ask. Why defend them? Do you think Blizzard isn't out there paying PR people to help them out?

PVP was a part of D2 and I think a lot of people expected it. Over the years people have come to expect a lot of Blizzard from their previous games. It would seem reasonable that a lot of people would expect at least the features experienced in the previous game.
today op was a ...
10/11/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Drg
today op was a ...

hero

I would gladly pay a monthly fee for additional content. if it means taking extra care of Diablo servers so not so many disconnects and the rubber-banding issue. Again I would GLADLY pay a monthly fee for this game.

WoW is this way -------------->