PATH OF EXILE!!!!!!!! FTW

Games & Technology
The gameplay is a little clunky, but the way skills work and the passive tree and items make the game worth playing. I hope by the time it is released it's a little more polished, but even in beta it is better than D3 is currently.

D3 has the opposite problem of awesomely polished gameplay, but the game has no soul, no builds, no trees.

At some another game will come along that will have the best of both worlds. Maybe Grim Dawn?? I hope so!
The gameplay is a little clunky, but the way skills work and the passive tree and items make the game worth playing. I hope by the time it is released it's a little more polished, but even in beta it is better than D3 is currently.

D3 has the opposite problem of awesomely polished gameplay, but the game has no soul, no builds, no trees.

At some another game will come along that will have the best of both worlds. Maybe Grim Dawn?? I hope so!

Grim Dawn is looking to be good.

Single player mode. Multiplayer mode. It will even have the almost-forgotten LAN mode!

Not to mention the mods.
I really think POE is one of the best ARPG's made so far and its not even in open beta.

Speaking of which open beta is supposed to be in December so if you have been waiting to get in for free, your wait is almost over.

I am really looking forward to making some cool builds.
After completing Diablo 3 Inferno it was very apparent how little substance D3 actually had.

There was a serious lack of customization and depth to the game. Not only this, but the lack of end game content or should I say non existent end game meant that once Inferno was completed, it was almost impossible for me to have any incentive to carry on.

Now D3 was fun for the first 100 hours, but inferno was an absolute bore, and the fact remains is that inferno was simply a gear check, the difficulty was ONLY relative to the gear. Ever Since I completed D3 I have not played it since, and that was several months ago, I soon after stumbled upon Path of Exile and never looked back, PoE gave me everything that I was missing from D3, infact, it gave me many things that I loved about D2 to the extent that it is even a better game than D2.

PoE has an insane amount of depth and character development/customization that makes D3 look like a joke. D3 had a nice fluid polish and that was it, it really has very little to make you want to play over and over whereas with PoE you constantly want to create new characters to try interesting builds and styles. The map system is a brilliant design and the fact the game has ladders and frequent events run by the developers that have prizes just shows how much effort they put into their game and how much they care about the community.

I had never even heard of Path of Exile until I stumbled across Kripparian playing it in his stream, I actually initially did not like the look of it but as soon as I played it I was amazed at how brilliant the game was. PoE is the game D3 should of been and the game D3 will likely strive to be more like. Open /Beta is out next month and I urge anyone who wants a deeper and more interesting gaming experience and those who enjoy D2 and even D£ then you will love this game.