True DPS of DT WW barb - Player Rankings

Barbarian
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next
Check my bud Barborian out, he's a beast. Denkel#1711

On a side note, why must the candidate have 20k elite kills? I mean your whole formula is all about gear anyway, it takes out a large scope of guys who have really really sick gear.

Players who rmahed nearly all of their gear would need to go to the hall of wallet warriors instead of hall of heroes as it is unfair to compare those who worked for at least some of their gear vs those who rmahed billions of gold.

I have to plainly disagree with you here. Even though I have never used the RMAH for any gear nor plan too. I want to see who's truly got the sickest s**t, bought or not. Anyways, awesome thread!
This looks interesting. I might add it to the calculator at some point and refer to this thread if i am allowed.

greets sssdrawr
I was never good at math. Could someone calculate for me please?
I've never used the RMAH, so an exception could be made for me not having 20k elite kills imo.
Haven't looked at it in detail but props for the effort
Would be more useful/more successful if it was measurable . For example Run efficiency score xxx gives you yyy xp for a certain run (let's say alkaizer's) in x minutes .like EHP was back in the pre-nerf days (2m EHP to do Act3)

BTW great calc sssdrawr
math hurts us barbarians more than MP10 monsters.. just make a calculator please!
True damage per second:
Tdps = [(.7 *M) + (.4833 * ({M+O} /2)) ]* t

.7 = .2 coefficient of RLTW * average number of tornadoes 3.5
.4883 = coefficient for combined weapon DW
M= average damage of mainhand weapon
O= average damage of offhand weapon
t = average ticks per second of both weapons

As far as I know damage of tonadoes are based on mainhand damage. This formula values offhand dps just as much, which is why all the top listed players have high dps off-hand with low strength and not highest crit. Secondly I don't understand how you can use proc coefficient for the chance of generation fury as a factor in this formula which as far as common knowledge tell me has absolutely nothing to do with dps.

coeff is not = to proc coeff.

The formula does not explicitly de-weigh OH dps but it is being averaged with MH before being multiplied by .4833 where as mh is being multiplied by .7. I would agree that OH means FAR less than MH oh as well.

A simple test would be to set up a scenario like
m= 90 o=20
vs m=50 o=50

the formula can always be revised and measuring the interaction of 2 skills in a dynamic scenario is somewhat complicated. The 3.5 was chosen as a thoeretical average of how many physical actual tornadoes are hitting a single target and could range anywhere from 1 to 5 for the sake of calculation. If you feel that number should be higher (and i would be in high MP) please tell me what number should be used.
Haven't looked at it in detail but props for the effort
Would be more useful/more successful if it was measurable . For example Run efficiency score xxx gives you yyy xp for a certain run (let's say alkaizer's) in x minutes .like EHP was back in the pre-nerf days (2m EHP to do Act3)

BTW great calc sssdrawr

This is a fantastic idea and something I will add eventually, right now its very hard to measure RES as the biggest factor is whether you can hold perma wotb or not. Asking players to accurately gauge this is almost impossible but there will be some rework done on that RES formula soon.

xp per/min would be a decent measurable output as well as kills/min.
how is this calculated? -stunned-

Players who rmahed nearly all of their gear would need to go to the hall of wallet warriors instead of hall of heroes as it is unfair to compare those who worked for at least some of their gear vs those who rmahed billions of gold.

I have to plainly disagree with you here. Even though I have never used the RMAH for any gear nor plan too. I want to see who's truly got the sickest s**t, bought or not. Anyways, awesome thread!

If that were the case i would simply take the top 10 heroscores from d3progg and weed out EHP shield inflaters. not very fun at all.

If that were the case i would simply take the top 10 heroscores from d3progg and weed out EHP shield inflaters. not very fun at all.

Word!
1 mil gold to whoever calculates it for me. <----mathematical idiot
bump for an idiot friendly calculator lol
10/13/2012 11:54 AMPosted by CDFH
bump for an idiot friendly calculator lol

True damage per second:
Tdps = [(.7 *M) + (.4833 * ({M+O} /2)) ]* t

.7 = .2 coefficient of RLTW * average number of tornadoes 3.5
.4883 = coefficient for combined weapon DW
M= average damage of mainhand weapon
O= average damage of offhand weapon
t = average ticks per second of both weapons

topic/6037344497

Average damage and ASP can be calculated by uploading your armory here: http://www.d3rawr.com/c
Ticks per second can be calculated here: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/

The formula only has 3 variables, 2 of which are calculated for you when you upload your profile on d3rawr and the last one simply requires you to find your TPS from a list based on your ias.
ahhh lol all those years back then in school made my head hurt when i see formulas.
besides im using a 2h-er so how do i replace the dw coefficient
ahhh lol all those years back then in school made my head hurt when i see formulas.
besides im using a 2h-er so how do i replace the dw coefficient

for 2h handers:

Tdps = [(.7 *M) + (.4833 * M ]* t
[(.7 * 99585) + (.4833 * 99585] * 3.53 =[ 69709.5 + 48129.4305 ] * 3.53= 415971.424665

*edit* okay i got it lol
[(.7 * 99585) + (.4833 * 99585] * 11 =[ 69709.5 + 48129.4305 ] * 11= 1296228.2355

is this right? for some reason it looks wrong.

Ticks per second, not ticks meaining t = 3.75 , not 11

1.17648-1.25000 aps - 16 frames per tick - 3.75 ticks per second - 12 ticks
m= 80704
0= 57229
t= 1.81819-2.00000 aps - 10 frames per tick - 6.00 ticks per second - 18 ticks
2.00001-2.22222 aps - 9 frames per tick - 6.67 ticks per second - 20 ticks

6+6.67/2=6.335

am i on the right track...?
m= 80704
0= 57229
t= 6+6.67/2=6.335

am i on the right track...

Yes, that looks about right.
m= 80704
0= 57229
t= 6+6.67/2=6.335

am i on the right track...

Yes, that looks about right.

cool, and the next step i cannot do. help please?