Keywardens

General Discussion
Is it just me or is the Act 2 keywarden about 2X as hard as the Act 1 keywarden.
And the Act 3 is certainly at least 2X as hard as the Act 2.

I haven't gone after Act 4, starting to get worried.
The act IV guy is pretty tough, you lose 75% healing against him and he often has at least another pack with him during the fight.
WTF is this BS i cannot get even the first key to drop from the act 1 keywarden. I go get my 5 stacks. and then go looking for the keywarden but everytime i kill him no key. and ive killed him 6 times thus far today. also using monster power 3. which should like a 30% chance to drop according to blizz and at monster power 10 it has 100% drop chance. this is retarded...... uhhhhh anyone else have bad luck getting the stupid key to drop.
10/17/2012 12:01 PMPosted by evilorc
WTF is this BS i cannot get even the first key to drop from the act 1 keywarden. I go get my 5 stacks. and then go looking for the keywarden but everytime i kill him no key. and ive killed him 6 times thus far today. also using monster power 3. which should like a 30% chance to drop according to blizz and at monster power 10 it has 100% drop chance. this is retarded...... uhhhhh anyone else have bad luck getting the stupid key to drop.

Hey look... another 10 year old, who doesn't understand RNG.
Garthandal why don't you just make 10 more powerful and have that be the highest setting?
10/17/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Towelie

Hey look... another 10 year old, who doesn't understand RNG.

ohhi understand RNG trust me. but the probablity is defin ately not what blizz claims it to be. Key should have drop atleast once with a 30% chance to drop. I guess im just really unlucky or blizz is bull s h i t ing as usually. The only person that 10 years old is you. so go and shut it.
Me and my entire group got the act 4 plan off the keywarden on mp 5 in our first run. We were all so happy. I've gotten 3 act 3 keys in about 5 or 6 runs doing mp 3. Haven't tried act 1 yet, but twice on act 2, the keywarden has glitched and got stuck in the environment, which also keeps his health from depleting for some reason. Such a waste of time.
I played for 6-7hrs today doing nothing but keywarden runs and not a single key dropped. I even went to Act 4 just for a change of pace and he didn't drop anything either. I found the A4 Keywarden a lot easier than A3 for the simple fact that the A3 warden slows you down and does mass AOE. With my spec I don't have mobility so I have to eat all that damage and let my 3 sentries mow him down.
Ran A4 twice (MP5, MP6), got the plans. Ran A1-3 (MP6) once each. Got a key each time.

It's RNG. I'm prepared to suffer after work with loads of runs with no rewards.
the RNG in this game is bull s h i t. they claim 30% drop; chance at mp3 well its not happening and yeah i got my 5 stack jsut killed him 2 more times and no key drop. this is bs totally.
You do this 1000 times and then you maybe get an average of 30%. 6 times...? LOL
I beleive Blizzards claims for the drop rate for the keys based on MP level to be inaccurate to say the least. I have also had trouble getting the key according to blizzard "each level will increase the drop rate of both the keys and the plans by 10%, all the way up to a guaranteed 100% drop chance at Monster Power 10", well I I got tired of no drops and got on MP level 10 usig my DH and spent about 1 hour and a half to find and kill the key warden and guess what? NO KEY DROP! I did not bother getting N. Valor due to blizzards claim and these are the results = lots of wasted time and tons of disappointment.
I did not bother getting N. Valor due to blizzards claim

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7597724/
Players will be able to encounter the Keywardens in any difficulty, but only in Inferno and with a full five stacks of Nephalem Valor will they have a chance to drop pieces of the Infernal Machine. While Monster Power is not required, each level will increase the drop rate of both the keys and the plans by 10%, all the way up to a guaranteed 100% drop chance at Monster Power 10.
RNG all the way. I usually try the Warden on A3 after a normal Pub run, got the key twice doing that out of 10 times.
I like the act 2 keywarden. Running away from the machinegunning mortars is pretty fun.
lucky for me the plans dropped on my third run.
Is there a problem with them getting harder?
That is how every other monster in the game works. :)
I beleive Blizzards claims for the drop rate for the keys based on MP level to be inaccurate to say the least. I have also had trouble getting the key according to blizzard "each level will increase the drop rate of both the keys and the plans by 10%, all the way up to a guaranteed 100% drop chance at Monster Power 10", well I I got tired of no drops and got on MP level 10 usig my DH and spent about 1 hour and a half to find and kill the key warden and guess what? NO KEY DROP! I did not bother getting N. Valor due to blizzards claim and these are the results = lots of wasted time and tons of disappointment.

You need 5 stacks of Valor for the keys to even have a chance to drop. With no Valor or 4 Valor you will get nothing every time.