Staff of herding plan - how to get rid of

General Discussion
get on with it already!!! 2 now I can't get rid of....
10/23/2012 09:36 AMPosted by Lylirra
Any other idea how to get rid of it?

The intent is for players to be able to drop the Staff of Herding plans on the ground as a means of removing the item from their inventory...however, there's currently a bug preventing that from happening. Our QA team has already documented the issue and passed it along to our developers (who are looking into the matter currently).

I'm unable to say if the issue can be resolved via hotfix, but at the very least we're looking to address it in an upcoming patch.

i figured it was because other people could pick it up and use it
you don't want them to be able to do that because of keys, organs, and hellfire rings.

in heroes of newerth, you can't use or sell the other team's items if you pick them up
maybe u could do that?
i'm not sure.
create a new char, put the scroll in its inventory, delete the char
done.

THIS

Maybe someone could pass this qoute up to the QA team so they can work on an issue players actually care about... !?!?

THIS is the type of post blues anwser????? ERRRRRRR. It's so frustrating I'm starting to type more immature with caps and multiple punctuation.

what if u don't have the room to make a new character?
heres a thought, don't pick them up
Hopefully you didn't get an additional plan again, and again you're having trouble getting rid of it.

I've beaten Izual a number of times since getting the Herding Staff plans, and since reading about all these troubles getting rid of subsequent plans for the Herding Staff, any time it drops, I don't touch it.

If you're encountering this problem for the first time, though, I feel for you.
11/14/2012 12:03 PMPosted by EnthronE
heres a thought, don't pick them up

yeah.. mine was on accident
i just saw legendary and bam! didn't realize you could no longer drop them since .05

just gotta remember it drops of izual
X
Yep...that worked...create an hero, put plan in bag, delete hero.
NO...trying to drop, sell, trade or salvage in solo or coop will not work after the patch 1.05;)
the plans drop for me a lot in nightmare and i try to avoid it but some times i have to pick it up to get a yellow under it! it sucks i cant drop it any more.

The intent is for players to be able to drop the Staff of Herding plans on the ground as a means of removing the item from their inventory...however, there's currently a bug preventing that from happening. Our QA team has already documented the issue and passed it along to our developers (who are looking into the matter currently).

I'm unable to say if the issue can be resolved via hotfix, but at the very least we're looking to address it in an upcoming patch.

Just wanted to bold this because this is a major bug and with the patch today of 1.0.6 coming out, I still can't drop this item from inventory. Why was this not addressed?
11/27/2012 06:52 PMPosted by EnZ

Just wanted to bold this because this is a major bug and with the patch today of 1.0.6 coming out, I still can't drop this item from inventory. Why was this not addressed?

Because there are more important things for the dev team to focus on, and no, this is not major.

I'm still unable to drop my Staff plans. They really couldn't put this in the miniscule hotfix patch yesterday? Or any of the other countless glitches in this game? This blue post was made over a month ago, and I can find many like it that promise something that won't ever happen. "looking to address it" my !@#. This is a shot at the devs, btw, not the CMs. Though all the CMs do is reassure everyone that everything is going smoothly while it's not and the developers continue to slack off.
2 months later, this is still not fixed.
Shall we wait 2 years?
My sincere advice: less corporate-style "lets do a plan for 5 years to orchestrate a massive 1 line code fix", and more "fix today what the customers clearly want and demand".

Just remove the "do not sell" flag on it already. We wont make a fortune selling it for 1 gold. No, you don't need 20 meetings with 5 departments to decide this. For once, demonstrate you still have a shred of agility left in you, Blizzard!
Scenario like this often happen when you hire an army of contractors to code your application and then fire them all once it ships. Given the huge number of people credited as programmers, I wonder if this isn't somewhat (or completely) the case with Blizzard.

The remaining maintenance team is at the mercy of how well things are documented. Many contractors could give a damn about documenting things any more than they were forced to do, since they weren't going to be maintaining it in the future. And they aren't coming back to help unless they're paid - if they're even available.

So, it takes the maintenance coding team forever to figure out how things work and make simple changes. As a bonus, this also causes seemingly unrelated things to break because the maintenance team doesn't have a handle on the bigger picture - probably no one really does.
I feel that since the plan is account bound, it would be better to somehow remove it from the loot table once it's learned. That way people would have a chance to find something else.
Still going on...two months!
You still didnt patch this wow been month now

Wow

Wow

what a shame