Monster Power Bonus Damage Reduced in Inferno

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 20 21 22 26 Next
Might as well nerf the HP too in MP.
that's like getting jay wilson to lose weight
thanks for the update, good one :)
The whole point of the monster power system was to provide a challenge for people that are geared. Now it is both not a challenge, nor is it efficient.
This is much appreciated guys. I agree with your original plan for Inferno. Plenty of challenge for the majority of players. If you think its too easy ... than go hardcore ... mp 10 naked ... who knows ... try it without using any legendary gear.

I repeat ... Be the first to dominate mp10 without a legendary?

Use your imagination, and realize that not everyone has progressed to the point of owning this game, if that's even possible.

How about a build no one thinks will work. Be creative. Just don't cry that this is a bad idea when clearly it isn't.

And if you want to comment on my cookie cutter/average gear ... well I just haven't had the big winfall to buy my way to the top. I'm progressing slowing, but I am Progressing.

Once again, thanks to the majority of the community that cannot afford the ridiculous prices of the godly gear on the ah. We know what works, but have to do with what we can afford.

Cheers!
I'm okay with it, this will apply to the ubers i'm guessing?
Right on....higher mp levels with damage meant more defensive ability usage and less variety in builds --- fail. This will make a big change I suspect for the better in build variety. Thx for catering to us 99%ers!
Agree... Current monster dps is fine. Pls don't make the game boring like 1.04...
I am just laughing, I said it already they were going to nerf monster damage like a month ago when PTR came, because it was ridiculously too much for any one, and they say they fix it after patch.

Moreover, I say that over MP2 is just waste of time for anything! Bonus XP/MF and any bonus you can think of is not effective compared to MP1-2 or lower (depends on your gear). Probably they will change bonuses to make over MP2 more effective next but not as a hotfix like with 1.0.6.

I am sorry Blizzard but your game developers are really dumb... You should force them to play all the time :)
people need to farm. grind, make some gold, if they are to lazy to do that, they need to pull their wallets out and buy gear with real currency which ya know the game gives you the option of getting good gear for free through farming, effort working on the game, quit being lazy and whining and do something for your self instead of ruining it for other people who acutally put 15 years into playing the series. us experience players know how to play the game and build up gold to buy the gear we need, we were stoked for the auction house and then every noob started putting !@#$ in for 650000000 gold and we still picked through the list and bought cost effect stuff good enough for the job. DO SOMETHING FOR YOUR SELF AND STOP ASKING TO NERF OUR GAME AND RUIN OUR EXPERIENCE.
the harder the game the better!~
This may have been posted already, but I haven't sifted through the whole thread. How, exactly, are those changes even close to 25%? I did some basic number crunching on another forum:

One last thing: How do they get 109.60% from 114%? That's not a 25% reduction in any way I know of applying it. Going from 114% to 109.6% is a 31.4% reduction in the bonus. They did say approximately, though. For MP2 it's a 32.9% reduction, for MP3 it's a 34% reduction, MP4: 34.6, MP5: 37.5, etc. I don't see how they got a ~25% reduction unless they made that up too.

For MP10, it's a 44.6% reduction in the damage bonus. If we go with just gross damage, the reduction at MP10 is by 32.6%. Total Nerf.

According to my calculations, no matter how you slice it, all of those changes exceed 30%.

Blue?
ITS A BIT RIDICULOUS HOW THIS IS GETTING NERFED SO SOON AFTER WEEKS OF PTR TESTING AS WELL

I THINK WE NEED TO FILL THE FORUM WITH BUFF INFERNO POSTS
blizzard i love you, but any rpg player or respectable game player knows you have to work on the game. example i love you blizzard but this is an example, FF1 FF5 FF7 FF10 YOU HAVING TROUBLE? YOU GRIND! YOU LEVEL YOU EARN THE GAMES CURRENCY AND BUY BETTER !@#$ WHILE LVLING! DONT NERF THE GAME CAUSE PEOPLE ARE TO LAZY !!!! ANY RESPECTABLE PLAYER KNOWS THEY HAVE TO WORK FOR THEIR KEEP!
THERE ARE 1000's OF PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING TO BE DISAPPOINTED IF YOU NERF THIS GAME. I PRAY TO GOD YOU DONT RUIN THIS GAME LIKE YOU DID WHEN YOU MADE WOW EASIER, I LOVED NOT KNOWING WHERE TO GO FOR MY QUESTS IT FORCED ME TO EXPLORE AND LEARN.
YOU DISAPPOINT FANS AND WHAT HAPPENS? YOU KNOW I DONT HAVE TO SAY WHAT HAPPENS. ITS LIKE A MAKING A A SERIES OF MOVIES AND THEN THE LAST ONES BAD AND NO ONE GOES TO SEE THE NEXT AND YOU LOOSE BOX OFFICE!
BUFF INFERNO MAKE IT HARDER US!!! US TRUE FANS LOVE A CHALLENGE!!! THE HARDER THE BETTER!!!!!!
Please listen to MasterHeeb. If anything, add more difficult content, not nerf current stuff...
Focus on balancing classes, isn't that a priority? I want PVP!