Effective Key Farming Act 1-3

Monk
Here I will list on waypoints / ways to farm Keywardens in each act:
*This particular route is to ensure TIME EFFICIENCY. Why go else where get 5 buffs first, then search for keywarden either fight more elites or worst DRAGGING a ton of mobs behind you?

Act 1:
Checkpoint - IMPRISONED ANGEL
- MP 3-5
- Head straight to FIELD OF MISERY
- LOST MINES / DECAYING CRYPT / SCAVENGER'S DEN (tons of elites / resplendant chest)
- Enough elites / events / dungeons with resplendent chest for you to get 5 NV buffs
- Area is big, teams of 2 & above will be very efficient

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Act 2: (THIS IS THE BEST / HIGHEST CONCENTRATED ELITE FAMRING ACT)
Checkpoint - BLACK SOULSTONE CHAMBERS
- MP3 - 5
- Head straight to OASIS
- Enough elites / events / dungeons with resplendent chest for you to get 5 NV buffs
- Area is big, teams of 2 & above will be very efficient
- After defeating the KEYWARDEN, its your option to kill ZK / Belial

*If you feel that the drops are decent, head to DESOLATE SANDS & find VAULT OF ASSASSINS for a high concentrated ELITES to kill. Make sure you exit the game while in the VAULT so that when you start a new game you will spawn in the VAULT.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Act 3:
Checkpoint: SIEGEBREAKER
- MP3 - 5
- Keeps 3, then port to 1 & enter to keeps 2 (should be able to get 5 buffs in under 10 mins)
- If you get at least 2 (or 3) elites from keeps 3, you could head striaght to STONEFRONT, there should be at least 3 elites on your way to warden, unless he spawns at the very beginning
- Stonefront, do search everywhere, he is very sneaky, and can be at the very END
- Head to finish up SIEGEBREAKER, quick & easy, rinse & repeat!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!! Feel free to visit my other post in regards to builds / speed / dps / problems that needs to be address, THANK YOU ALL!!!!!

MONK SPEED / DPS BUILD
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794981183?page=1

* New breakdown I wrote in regards to MONK'S LIFE
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794731935

* My old post regards to LEGENDARY DROPS
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6571787730?page=1#0

* Tempest Rush VS Hit Box Mechanics: PLEASE SUPPORT
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794030501
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6758726356

* Sweeping Wind FIXED Location Issue: PLEASE SUPPORT
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6678368371
up
Heres what i do for fast a2-3 keyruns

a2 - if you have the vault assassins checkpoint starting there each time makes for a fast 2-3stacks - then straight to path to oasis for last 2-3 and keywarden

a3 - alkaizer run will get u mp2-3 in less than 5 mins... then head to stonefort for the final 2/keywarden. can do runs for this in under 15 mins with full stonefort clear(in case hes at the end)
I think Festering Woods (is that the one? it has two small dungeons in it) is great in act 1 for quick stacks. You get 1 from each little dungeon and then usually 2 more from the elites in the area.
10/19/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Piffle
I think Festering Woods (is that the one? it has two small dungeons in it) is great in act 1 for quick stacks. You get 1 from each little dungeon and then usually 2 more from the elites in the area.

yes we do that as well in a1. sometimes the graveyard with the 3 tombs as well
Thanks Deathlock, only started farming keys this weekend and I used your guide for where to go

Yeah, the graveyard is typically a guaranteed three or four, sometimes up to 6 depending on if an elite pack spawns outside of the tombs and if you get one of those silly little events.
I use this WP route for Key Farming

ACT 1.

Manor WP - hit up the pack outside the manor in the courtyard, also a shrine there as well
Cathedral LVL 3 - always a pack, small area quick search
Festering Woods - guaranteed 3 packs, usually 4.

ACT 2.
Road to Alcarnus - head up and kill the elite pack in the "court yard" with all the prison cages, usually 1-2 packs
Path of the Oasis - search the entire area while avoiding combat with Key Warden (if you do run into him) - but area's been beefed up 3-5 elite packs then kill Warden.

ACT 3.
Keep LVL 3 - guaranteed 2-3 elite packs and usually a shrine
Keep LVL 1 - head back toward the level 1 area, usually an elite pack there close by
Tower LVL 1 - guaranteed 2 elite packs but if you are up to 4 stack by now just get the one close to the WP
Stonefort - guaranteed to see at least 1-2 packs before warden
10/18/2012 11:39 PMPosted by DEATHLOCK
- Stonefront, do search everywhere, he is very sneaky, and can be at the very END

he has been in the same spot every single time I've played it
I'd like to point out that directly outside of Leoric's manor is a good spot to get elites in Act 1. There is always one elite and often two. It is very fast to get to these.
10/21/2012 08:42 PMPosted by Herby

Yeah, the graveyard is typically a guaranteed three or four, sometimes up to 6 depending on if an elite pack spawns outside of the tombs and if you get one of those silly little events.

Yep, cemetery of the forsaken always works for me in Act1. Also act 2 Vault of the Assassin is a good spot as you will checkpoint when you enter so only need to find it the 1 time and you shouldn't lose the checkpoint by going to the oasis for the key warden.

Also Rakkis crossing in Act 3 sometimes gets me 4 or 5 stacks in under 5 mins and my build ain't as quick as WW for smashing through mobs.
a1 - festering woods for 3-4 stacks, last stack at fields of misery / cemetary / leorics in reverse if u can pound through the cultists quick on the staircase.
a2 - sewer 1 stack, black canyon mines 1-3 stacks, oasis usually find 2 stacks before meeting the kw
a3 - core 1-2 stacks, tower of the damned 1-3 stacks, tower of the cursed 1 stack ( if by the way point), then find the last in stonefort

can do each keywarden run in 10-12 mins at mp7 - sometimes 3-4 mins longer in a2 b/c of the size of the map.
I need to link to this post in my guide, just so I know to look this up for future reference. :)
Thanks for this man, really helped me a lot! :)
10/21/2012 10:29 PMPosted by metaStatic

he has been in the same spot every single time I've played it

Actually, i've seen him anywhere from right up the stars in the start, all the way to the very end. never in the same place twice
I like to kill Belial and continue straight into Act 3. Doesn't hurt that he's dropped quite a few good items for me :)