The Immortal Words of Old School (Itemization)

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 19 Next
11/20/2012 06:01 PMPosted by reaper663
+1 All I can say is that I could not agree more. I am happy to see that someone was willing to take the time to spell this out as it is. I will continue to play and do enjoy diablo3 but I do not think it will ever be as enjoyable for me as diablo2 because it does lack that super ability to make a viable one of a kind character. I do not enjoy the fact that everyone is trying to get the same uninteresting stats on their gear just to be competive.

i read another post the other day someone summed it for me perfectly by saying "in Diablo 3 you don't build a character, you equip them."
i really miss that aspect of the game that was a huge part of what made D2 so great.
Great ideas from OldSchool. Hope that this reaches the devs.
This changes would be !@#$ing phenomenal. It would bring back customization and some fun that this game sorely needs.

+1000000
it is too much to ask, Diablo 3 game design was very superficial. They did not want too many intricate linking mechanics because they are a lot of work to balance.

It would take dedication, to pull it off. I don't think Blizzard has that kind of mentality anymore.

Good post though.
it is too much to ask, Diablo 3 game design was very superficial. They did not want too many intricate linking mechanics because they are a lot of work to balance.

It would take dedication, to pull it off. I don't think Blizzard has that kind of mentality anymore.

Good post though.

possibly that and the fact that jay wilson didnt want anything like that to begin with because he was trying to convince us that everything we remembered about diablo 2 were illusions we created with rose colored glasses.

but he is dead wrong, and his lack of design directin, and philosophy proved so.
really great ideas +1
Every second reading this topic was well spent.. Huge shout out to OldSchool for bringing these amazing ideas that will make the game more enjoyable for everyone!

Posts like yours is the reason, why I keep reading these forums despite thousands and thousands of whiner-posts
well said free bump
Great post here.

Blues needs to read this.

Ideas galore!!
Bump for excellent ideas on how to improve this game.
11/21/2012 12:51 PMPosted by wonko33

I think fun gameplay, itemization, and customization should be achieved before you worry about balance. If any item stat works against game balance it has to be critical hitting with the way it currently scales your DPS.
Bump
"You my boy blue!!!"
nice read, bump
I recommend we direct that into open source code diabloholic programmers and run a private server with these changes.

I may be breaking a lot of FAQ rules in this but if we all know its not gonna be done by blizzard, why not doing it by ourselves.

I expect my post to be erased by the end of the day but oh well.

+1
cool story bro
Great post mate !! Totally supported !

The thing is, the way I see things D3 is all about randomness. And by that I don't mean RNG, I mean D3 doesn't give the player ANY CONTROL over his character. If players can control stuff, it means the game gets easier and more rewarding, and that's bad for business because people that can get what they're aiming at are less frustrated and less prone to spend some good ol' bucks on the RMAH.

That's why crafting is useless, gems are useless, socketing doesn't exist. Also, that's why people have to go for "Optimal item stats". The more optimal stats there are, the easiest it is to find something useful, and the less people will use the RMAH.

Everytime I think about some aspect of D3, it always come down to how will it affect the RMAH, will it make more cash for D3 or less ?

I really like D3, but I feel so cheated when I play, it's sad :(