Serious duping problems for GFG barb gear...

Barbarian
Prev 1 3 4 5 14 Next
I cringe asking this, but what exactly is duping?
11/13/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Widdar

making illegitimate copies of the same item.

Anyone use Twitter?

someone should link https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS this thread.

Blizzard seems to be responsive on twitter.
Pretty sure there's a massive ban wave coming.
b
11/13/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Widdar

lets break the word down to its root of "dupe" which is short for "duplicate" now if we turned this into an action word and add -ing on the end lets see what happens duping... oh !@#$ English rox.
yeah, i saw those lacunis last night and i posted something about it on the general forums. didn't get much attention and it seems like my post was deleted.
I can't see why anyone would care about duping. The sellers shouldn't care their godly items are still ridiculously priced. The buyers should care because it would make more of those items available.

So at this stage in the game's evolution what is the problem?
I can't see why anyone would care about duping. The sellers shouldn't care their godly items are still ridiculously priced. The buyers should care because it would make more of those items available.

It compromises the integrity of the game. It's cheating.

up!
This is like "Raven Spiral" ring all over again.

Unfortunately, I doubt Blizzard will ever implement Ruststorm in D3. It's easy to track (even Diabloprogress can track it) but the RMAH does complicate issues significantly here.

its a loot game. whats the point of grinding for loots when others can just duplicate gg items?

bump.
up
it's happening again.......

I quit D2 after mass dupes and everyone's gear became the same....
If this is not controlled, the D3 economy will crash and less people farming... which means losing players.
I feel bad for legit D3 player who put in time and effort to get their status...
it's happening again.......

I quit D2 after mass dupes and everyone's gear became the same....
If this is not controlled, the D3 economy will crash and less people farming... which means losing players.
I feel bad for legit D3 player who put in time and effort to get their status...

This!

Let's make some noise!
I played D2 for close to 8 yrs. The dupes killed all interest in the game.

It started with dual leech rings which proceeded to high end runes / runewords. I found legit BER / JAH runes but they were pointless in the sea of dupes.

Something needs to be done, but I doubt it will be retroactive due to potential lawsuits. They need to close existing loopholes to dupe / rollback items.
zzzz, hope all these extended maintenance has something to do with the duping.
bump
i remember seeing this thread 4 months ago

i also remember that same thread being deleted at least 10 times

maybe listen to the users who play the game and 20 mill gems wont be priced at 150k LOL

I wish toys r us duped d3 so i could get it for <10 dollars
11/13/2012 03:29 PMPosted by MannerCookie
zzzz, hope all these extended maintenance has something to do with the duping.

Really hope so. We can check "those accounts" when its up again.
bump