Skill Proc Coefficients [Complete List]

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
Best thread in this forums. A shame to see that Demon Hunters Turrets and Pets do not proc :-( I would have a lot of potential for fun builds.
02/14/2013 01:56 PMPosted by Koric
Yes, you get LS for all your damage, from all sources including those that normally don't generate LoH.

Nope. Pets/hydra/turrets/reflect damages do not proc LS

02/16/2013 11:45 AMPosted by MarcusSC2Br
Best thread in this forums. A shame to see that Demon Hunters Turrets and Pets do not proc :-( I would have a lot of potential for fun builds.
I agree 100% with the turret/pet thing. Maybe one day Blizz will work it out :)
I read that Hota: Smash was 1.2 proc rate, was this changed? Or was that info just plain wrong
02/16/2013 02:25 PMPosted by Doomherald
I read that Hota: Smash was 1.2 proc rate, was this changed? Or was that info just plain wrong
Where did you read that? It is incorrect.

HotA Smash still has a PC of 0.800
Super useful data, thanks for taking the time to test, document and keep up to date with this stuff. :)

But I'm curious if you could take a look into the DH's Passive: Night Stalker. I'm not quite sure how to find the Proc Co-Efficient for this skill, I've heard that it has the same Proc Co-Efficient as the skill it was used with but I can't verify this. Also some verification on the Mathematics behind how too find out how much Discipline per Second you get from Night Stalker would be great too. So far I've come up with this:

(Attacks per Second) * (Number of Projectiles From Skill) = Number of Arrows Fired per Second

Number of Arrows Fired ~=~ Number of Monsters Hit (depends on the skill)

(Number of Monsters Hit) * (Crit Chance) * (Night Stalker Proc Co-Ef) = Discipline per Second

ex.
My DH's Rapid Fire - Withering Fire:
Proc Co-ef = 0.167
Crit Chance = 83.5
Attacks per Second = 2.38
# of Proj from Skill = 4

(Attacks per Second) * (Number of Projectiles From Skill) = Number of Arrows Fired per Second
(2.38 ApS) * (4 Arrows per Vollley) = 9.52 Arrows Per Second

(Number of Monsters Hit) * (Crit Chance) * (Night Stalker Proc Co-Ef) = Discipline per Second
(9.52APS) * (0.835 CC) * (0.167 PC) = 1.33 Discipline per Second

Any thoughts? If I'm calculating it wrong let me know.

Thanks,

TSP
Glad you appreciate the research :D & You are right that Night Stalker uses the proc coefficient of the skill you're using to hit with.

02/23/2013 12:55 AMPosted by TastySouP
Pretty good formula. In this case, though, it'd be easier to use the practical proc (from the DH (PP) page) for Rapid Fire.

So you'd get:

[# Monsters hit]*[Crit %]*[Rapid Fire (PP) for your APS] = Disc per sec from NightStalker.
= [1]*[0.835]*[0.926] = 0.77 Disc/sec

--------------
The reason it turned out 0.77 instead of 1.33:
Rapid fire hits with 6 arrows per second at 1 APS, and to calculate the chance of the skill effect proc'ing at least one time out of 6 chances (from 6 arrows) when the PC is 0.167 it is: 1-(1-0.167)^6 = 0.665.

You're APS is 2.38, so 14.28 arrows/sec hit instead of 6.
Then you get 1-(1-0.167)^(6*2.38) = 0.926

So, 0.926 is the chance of triggering Night Stalker through Rapid Fire in one second if every arrow crits. Then we multiply this number by the number of monsters it can hit at a time (1, since there is no AoE) and your critical hit chance (83.5/100 = 0.835).

-------------------------------------
Updated: 2/26/13
- Demon Hunter, Rapid Fire -> All except bombardment. Fixed number of hits per second (to 6 from 9). Affects (PP) only.
So you'd get:

[# Monsters hit]*[Crit %]*[Rapid Fire (PP) for your APS] = Disc per sec from NightStalker.
= [1]*[0.835]*[0.926] = 0.77 Disc/sec

Hey

Thank you very much for looking into this! I've been trying to find someone to debate this with but its been difficult, also I've added you in game, I was wondering if we could look into this a bit more.

I used your calculation with my current gear and if I'm calculating it correctly, it should equate to me not being able to regenerate enough discipline, after draining all of my hatred with RF, to constantly cast Punishment. But contrary to the calculation I gain way more then enough Discipline to cast Punishment after draining my Hatred Pool with Rapid FIre.

So heres what I'm at:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attacks per Second = 2.08
Hatred Regen = 10.91
CC w/ RF = 73.5
Hatred Pool = 125
Start cost = (-5) H
Channelling = (10)H/cycle
Punishment = 23 Discipline Cost

1-(1-0.167)^(6*2.08)=0.898
1 * 0.735 * 0.898=0.66 Disc/sec

ApS*Channel Cost - Hatred Regen
2.08 ApS * 10H/c -10.91 HR = 9.89 Hatred/sec to Channel

(Hatred Pool - Start Cost) / (Hatred/sec to Channel) = Hatred pool full -> empty Time
(125-5)/9.89=12.13 Seconds

(12.13s) * (Disc from NS) + (Disc from time draining) = Disc gained per pool drain
(12.13s) * (0.66 D/s) + 12 = 20 Disc Per Pool Spent

??? Disc/Pool = Punishment Cost ???

20=/=23 (>.<)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did a test where I would drain my Discipline to 0 then shoot Gohm with RF until it was drained empty and I would then quickly check my Discipline. It was ranging from about 24-28 Discipline Regened Per Pool Spent. This was repeat 10 times, always within 24-28 Discipline. Can a discrepancy of 4-8 Discipline/Pool be contributed too the RNG of the CC?

Add me if you want to look into it more.

Thanks,

TSP
02/26/2013 11:29 AMPosted by TastySouP
Add me if you want to look into it more.
Found you in game, turns out it was the endogenous +1 Disc regen along with the +0.66 disc/sec from Rapid (& CC RNG) letting you keep all your Disc for Prep Punishment. Fun spec you had too ^-^

edit: Oh, I guess I should mention...it's not flat 6 arrows per second. It's something like 6.34 arrows/sec. So over time that could contribute to more arrows, ie. more disc/ sec
Legendary thread! So nice to have this info available. Props to you sir for your diligent testing.

I do have a question: do you know how crit chance effects DOT abilities? I've noticed that, when fighting reflect damage mobs, barb rend does it's damage in a million little ticks, rather than the big steady numbers that pop up. This death-of-a-thousand-cuts style is also reflected in the gradual depletion of the monster health pool as well. Does crit apply to all ticks at the initial cast of the skill, or is crit applied to individual ticks? I've been thinking of testing this using inferno Siegebreaker (who has guaranteed RD) and watching each RD tick on me to see damage ticks on the mob. What do you think?
Well done. Should be useful if I try out any new builds.
Legendary thread! So nice to have this info available. Props to you sir for your diligent testing.

I do have a question: do you know how crit chance effects DOT abilities? I've noticed that, when fighting reflect damage mobs, barb rend does it's damage in a million little ticks, rather than the big steady numbers that pop up. This death-of-a-thousand-cuts style is also reflected in the gradual depletion of the monster health pool as well. Does crit apply to all ticks at the initial cast of the skill, or is crit applied to individual ticks? I've been thinking of testing this using inferno Siegebreaker (who has guaranteed RD) and watching each RD tick on me to see damage ticks on the mob. What do you think?
For crits, it's either a crit or not a crit. Like, the entire Rend will crit, or none of it will. That's how those work ;)

03/18/2013 06:38 AMPosted by xxxLawDogxxx
Well done. Should be useful if I try out any new builds.
:D
tagged for future reference. Thank you OP for the information!
Wooo made the front page of DiabloFans :D

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1764-addressing-security-issues-ah-exploits-still-under-review-preparing-for-d3s-first-anniversary-zzezzs-proc-coefficient-list-curse-weekly-roundup/
Very nice, bookmarked and upvoted. This should go in the game guide if it isn't already.
i got a question about boots - chance to immobilize on hit. for cm wiz or archon wiz, whats the real effect of this stat on boots and how often does it proc ?
great, very useful, thanks a lot for your work!
05/24/2013 10:14 AMPosted by PalmoliveHD
i got a question about boots - chance to immobilize on hit. for cm wiz or archon wiz, whats the real effect of this stat on boots and how often does it proc ?
Sorry the response is so late, I don't check the topic often unless I am updating something.

To know how much the boots proc the immobilize:

(Chance to immobilize read from boots) x (Proc coefficient of skill used to hit)

Then if we take it a step further, let's factor in the number of average tornadoes on a single target + diamond shards + the number of average times we expect those to hit per second. Using 4% chance to immobilize on boots here is the average chance to immobilize a single target using CM/Freeze with WW & DS @ 2.5 APS:

(0.04 chance to immobilize from boots)x[(4 nados)x(0.52 chance to proc per sec @ 2.5 APS)+(0.367 chance to proc from diamond shards assuming you cast 2.5 of them per sec)] x100 for percent conversion = 3% chance to immobilize every second for (2 seconds I think is the stun duration) x 0.65 assuming maximum CC reduction on an inferno elite =

3% chance to stun an elite for 0.7 seconds each second with full WW & DS going & 4% chance to stun on boots.

05/19/2013 07:54 AMPosted by Sungrey
Very nice, bookmarked and upvoted. This should go in the game guide if it isn't already.
06/03/2013 06:17 AMPosted by Deegeeooh
great, very useful, thanks a lot for your work!
NP! :D

Maybe one day Blizz will throw this in the game guide ;D Would be pretty cool.

Oh Also, I was contacted yesterday by some people wishing to translate my sheet into other languages. Sooooo, guess this info is going international :D
Hydra and storm armor have Proc for abiltiies like paralysis.

Here is a video the hydra proc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0j5hBaiE4o
I see Monk's Exploding palm only has 1 coefficient. Does that mean the on death explosion does not proc?