If you had to pick one most hated affix

General Discussion
Prev 1 16 17 18 25 Next
The only two groups of affixes that give me trouble as a DH are:

Arcane + Vortex
Very irritating to vault away and get sucked back in to the arcane beams.

Fast + RD
Whether the mobs be fast natively or are made faster, it can be challenging to move around and survive. As much as it annoys me to run into packs like that, it makes the game more challenging.

There is no single affix that gives my DH any real troubles by itself.

I second this...as a newly reformed DH, I don't suffer from RD anymore due to my convert to LOH...and I don't suffer from Desecration, Plague, or Molten UNLESS the mob has Arcane or Vortex with it. It's hard to dodge when u keep getting sucked back into the Arcane.
Frozen just leaves me to my death.
Jailer and wallers always make the monsters come to you. I can manage by hitting monsters and gain life but frozen always kills me.
Molten, Especially when they are Runaway elites..

<< monk
Hmmm if just 1 should be "Health Link". Takes forever to kill.

Combo with some of the other lethal affixes . . . We use to skip these in pre 1.0.3
i dont mind any of them anymore. the only one that was aggravating was the immunity one they removed
11/04/2012 09:52 AMPosted by jimdandy
i dont mind any of them anymore. the only one that was aggravating was the immunity one they removed

OMG, right?

"Enrage" ... how idiotic was that one.
reflex damage and arcane torrent

wizard
reflex damage and arcane torrent

wizard

lol I actually sat thinking for moment: "what does reflex damage do?"

most hassle is waller
most annoying is vortex
most challenging is health-link+shielding+waller
my personal favorite is projectile dampening (when i use lightning ball = GG)
most ridiculous is a phase beast with vortex+teleport+jailer
As a monk, it's teleport especially on anything that does ranged attacks. I feel like I'm constantly chasing down the dumb things only to have them port out of reach again. I can usually overcome all other affixes if I can keep them clustered and constantly under my SW.

As a barb, it's cold. I can never seem to get out of range in time before getting frozen and raped by the other affixes.

Can't say right now for my wiz as she's just started Nightmare and not run into any combinations where one affix is more troubling than any other.
Molten. When it stacks it does terrible terrible things to me

Monk
I don't think I have a most dreaded... So I'll just list my favourite.
I'm a monk - I love mobs that are molten, because I stack up on top of them and the affix becomes useless. Blizzard really needs to come up with new affixes, because, at least for monks, the majority of affixes can be negated.

Like Mortar, and fast (lol, the idea that this is even an affix...) and illusion or health link (seriously, if you get illusion or health link, you're probably celebrating, because they severely gimp the mobs) and arcane sentry (okay, AS would be crappy, if you couldn't dodge it. I mean, I'm not complaining, but I have to ask "How did I just dodge a beam that clearly went right through me?") I think the only affix that ever does anything to me is nightmarish/fear, because it'll fear me into an arcane... Oh, nevermind, I'll just pop serenity.
extra health.... farming keys on mp10 with extra hp champs.... ugh....
11/04/2012 11:54 AMPosted by ve3tit
Like Mortar, and fast (lol, the idea that this is even an affix...) and illusion or health link (seriously, if you get illusion or health link, you're probably celebrating, because they severely gimp the mobs) and arcane sentry (okay, AS would be crappy, if you couldn't dodge it. I mean, I'm not complaining, but I have to ask "How did I just dodge a beam that clearly went right through me?") I think the only affix that ever does anything to me is nightmarish/fear, because it'll fear me into an arcane... Oh, nevermind, I'll just pop serenity.

Hahaha, exactly. I just set my SW then rotate BoH, MoH, and Serenity and they melt like butter. Cyclone Strike with Soothing Breeze is great too because it keeps them right in reach of my SW and gives me back some additional heals.
Monk is definitely one of the most over-powered classes in the game. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about. I love desecrate, and I love when I encounter multiple elite groups at once. The more, the merrier. <3 lifesteal+loh
RD. Cast 1 locust swarm on an RD group and my health just goes down so smoothly in the most annoying way. I have to run away, just waiting till my own dots kill me. and why does RD hurt ME when my Gargantuan deals dmg?!?! I don't know how many times i've died to my own gargantuan.

Witch Doctor obviously.
wtf were they thinking when they gave monsters the ability to control our chars like !@#$ing marionettes? nightmarish/waller/jailer/knockback/vortex is all bull%^-*
When Farming: Waller/Extra Health
At higher MP: Reflect Dmg

Im a WD healing mostly on globes/pots.
... definitely knockback. i believe nightmarish falls into that category too

Though neither of these are excessive exclusively, when affixes such as Electrify or Mortar also have these effects, such is something that seems as though it should be changed.
Barbarian - I guess Molten on ranged mobs.

CC? What's that? RD? Oh wait, I have a ton of armor from my primary attribute and life steal on my belt. Fire Chains? Good, that just makes the pack stick together for maximum kill speed.