equipped item lock system

General Discussion
Prev 1 16 17 18 24 Next
The simple fact that clicking a "?" item twice equips it is STUPID. I often switch my gear (inadvertently) because I have too many damn unidentified items.

The worse thing is that whenever I really want to equip an item, I always drag and drop it.

!@#$ the item lock, TAKE THE DAMN RIGHT CLICK EQUIP OPTION OFF!!!

Dood. This is how easy it would be to fix....

This is why there is no "good" reason not to correct this. Theres plenty of bad reasons not to fix it i should mention...
YES. The general mass lose this one.

Basically, stop being careless. And just because WoW has something doesn't mean Diablo needs it too. The point in playing Diablo is that it is *not* WoW.

Learn to work around this/learn to not have everything handed to you.

It's called Human Factors, and if your entire company revolves around creating digital content, you should understand it's principals. It isn't complicated at the base level (the coding I can't speak for), but I don't' know what they can retroactively do about the horrible GUI.

Can I come help you guys make better interfaces?
This is such a minor issue, lol.
I have done this but, knock on wood, I have always been able to buy it back from the vender. Yeah it is something they should fix, maybe an option you can turn on in the options. Its not hard to fix but it's extra work. A page in a book from a library of stuff they are trying to fix.
I've done this once too but caught it by doing a quick DPS/HP test. Always know your stats whenever you're upgrading your gear.
i also accidentally sell my items because of this...
same problem. accidently sold 2M chest. after that happen, always careful and sell items slowly.
a simple warning window can resolve this issue.
whenever you replace an equiped item (accidental or intentional) a warning window will apear and asks you whether you want to proceed, select yes or no.

I doubt MF swappers would approve of this...

To the issue at hand... i have done this myself, and it has actually become quite frequent. I have vendored my former Quiver, a killer IK's Tribal Binding belt, a Natalya's Embrace, and i also sold my Manticore, but fortunately i noticed on time on that one. It's just that you go to town every 10 minutes, identifying the same trash rares for the 100th time, right-clicking as you go. Vendoring an item you don't want to is quite possible, still completely our fault, but the game's design forces you to go to a Vendor frequently enough to eventually loose focus.

Fore some reason you don't want to implement the already flawless idea of "Shift + Right-Click", then how about removing the cap to buying back already sold items? I think it is currently 12, and selling more than that will completely remove the first ones. Just make it so that when you buy back some items, all others who have been previously sold will reappear, or just include a scroll bar, instead of making items vanish. That way, if a player is still in-game and realizes something's off, he/she can go back to the Vendor and eventually find his/her item...
I have fallen victim to this as well on multiple occasions. Luckily I have always caught it before buy back is no longer an option. I know this is going to catch me at some point though. This is a problem that certainly needs to be dealt with. Please fix this ASAP.
Thanks for your feedback!

As Lylirra mentioned [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004693267#14"]here[/url], we're definitely aware of the frustration vendoring the wrong item can cause for players (I've done it, myself). We strongly urge players to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor, and to take advantage of the Buyback tab in instances where an oversight occurs, but beyond that, we have no immediate plans for an additional layer of protection.

That is SO you guys. Something that is requested by a large number and that can easily be fixed, but you give us that answer. Why? Simple. You know that you (Bliz) will make a profit with those that make that mistake and don't notice it before it's too late. You count on them to go the RMAH and get that Visa card out and correct that mistake.

Seriously, I pity you Bliz. Pathetic, greedy and in absolutely no way in to HELP players. Your system is flawed is many ways and some flaws can be corrected... but you are so focused on the AH... that is your TOP PRIORITY.

YOU cover yourselves in shame with this kind of attitude.

As Lylirra mentioned [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004693267#14"]here[/url], we're definitely aware of the frustration vendoring the wrong item can cause for players (I've done it, myself). We strongly urge players to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor, and to take advantage of the Buyback tab in instances where an oversight occurs, but beyond that, we have no immediate plans for an additional layer of protection.

The increase the size of the buyback, I dump all my items needing ID'ed in my stash, sometimes filling up all 3 tabs. I ID them once I'm done with my run or when I have no more room.

The size is not even big enough to hold your inventory. (be sure to take into account rings, amulets, belts, and followers special items.)
Amazing how there is a buyback feature in Diablo 3 and people are still complaining about selling their gear accidentally. Diablo 2 didn't even have this feature and if you accidentally sold your gear, it could costs some absurd amount of gold to buy it back; or sometimes, there wasn't even room in the vendor so you lost it for good.

The increase the size of the buyback, I dump all my items needing ID'ed in my stash, sometimes filling up all 3 tabs. I ID them once I'm done with my run or when I have no more room.

The size is not even big enough to hold your inventory. (be sure to take into account rings, amulets, belts, and followers special items.)

That absolutely does not correct the problem. We need equipped items to be either:

1. locked.
2. Change key code to equip.

Simple enough. I find it absolutely absurd that the same RIGHT CLICK is used to ID, EQUIP and SELL items and to top it off, we CANNOT change the key binding! The guy that thought of that "brilliant" idea must not have an IQ above room temperature value.
11/09/2012 10:36 AMPosted by LethalHawk
Amazing how there is a buyback feature in Diablo 3 and people are still complaining about selling their gear accidentally. Diablo 2 didn't even have this feature and if you accidentally sold your gear, it could costs some absurd amount of gold to buy it back; or sometimes, there wasn't even room in the vendor so you lost it for good.

Yeah, and you know what? 5000 years ago, we lived in caves and didn't know language. That is the most irrelevant argument I've heard so far. Because in the past we didn't have a feature, it warrants NOT IMPROVING anything. Thank gawd our ancestors 5k years ago didn't think like you mate. We'd still be living in caves... because, who needs more, right?