3piece nats & 2piece innas?

Monk
High-end set-gearing decisions, any advice would be grt

Anyone runnin this combo(3piece nats)? I'm thinking of swapping my chest to a vast expanse, and grabbing nats helm with crit. Would run around 350m to do it right. Would this be economical, or would the vit tradeoff make it not worth it?

I'm not interested in lacunis or mempo, so the only other major gear transition (besides ring upgrade) I'm considering is swapping to allres and ditching OWE, which will set me back around 400-600m.
ditch OWE. it's a waste. gear correctly, use better passives.
11/13/2012 12:33 PMPosted by lameboi
ditch OWE. it's a waste. gear correctly, use better passives.

Either low rolls on RA or low rolls on stats on all of your gear. Purple gems. I wouldn't be advising anyone to gear correctly

Also what better passives?
I agree ditching OWE is something I plan on eventually, but from years of blizzard games, I'm pretty sure they'll find some way to appease casuals instead of removing double buff altogether. They'll do something like make the 2nd resist add up to 50% of resist value, and make it a class passive.

As for gearing 'correctly', my gear's pretty much as optimal as I could do with my budget at the time. For example, those shoulders are 318 mainstats and 120res for only 1.5 mil, and are a 58 rare. Can't find that on a vile ward.
my plan is 3 nats and 2 inna's for the huge dex + crit gains.

For the belt though, using witching hour

-Ach
You can have both single resists and all resistances on a piece of gear, therefore "gearing correctly" is having both. At least lameboi's name is fitting.
I doubt its worth it, to get a nats helm comparable to innas you need to get a Dex vit roll and 6% crit chance as random props, so unless your planning on spending billions the +130 dex bonus probably won't compensate for the dex/crit loss from innas helm.

Innas helm with 190+dex 90+ vit 2.3+ spirit regen and 50+ resist is the best you can get imo unless your going for a crit mempo.
3 nats 2 inna 2 shenlongs
I was thinking the same thing when I had to either choose between rest of Nats for the dex/DPS or go with Blackthorne's for LOH/Vit and survivability. You can see I went Blackthonres and I didnt look back.

As for your set up if you are comfortable with your survivability then DPS is the way to go and if you can muster the prices for the Nats Helm with the fixings, which is 1/3 price of a crit mempo go for it. You will be reaching top tier dex of 3500+ which will help with both DPS and Armor.

I would say go for it.
2-set for paper stats, 4-piece if you plan on playing your monk
I doubt its worth it, to get a nats helm comparable to innas you need to get a Dex vit roll and 6% crit chance as random props, so unless your planning on spending billions the +130 dex bonus probably won't compensate for the dex/crit loss from innas helm.

Innas helm with 190+dex 90+ vit 2.3+ spirit regen and 50+ resist is the best you can get imo unless your going for a crit mempo.

I disagree, if anything they cancel eachother out or you come out a little ahead using both sets.

you lose 6% CC from having nats helm but you gain +130 dex (probably +60 after accounting for dex differences in helm) and you're up 1% CC if anything you're only gimped not having AR but if you roll mempo then that does solve that and the crit problem.
Might I offer a different perspective

Tyrael's might chest piece like the one i've got on

You'll lose the vit roll unfortunately, however you gain 8% dmg to demons, 4% to elites so 12% dmg to elite demons (which inlcudes the uber bosses ghom, siegebreaker, rakanoth, and pretty much all act 3 elites)
The bonus dmg I think is greater than 130dex can provide to the monsters that count, however thats if you feel the Vit Loss is acceptable or not.

If you keep the inna's hat and get one with greater than 10% damage bonus to FoT or SW
there's a lot of non paper dps there to be had.
and you're up 1% CC

You can't count the 7% crit chance bonus as a part of the hat as you already have that with the boots + ring + innas hat.