Battle.net Funds

Technical Support
I want to buy something from the RMAH that costs $11. I have $10 in my Battle.net funds. Is there no way of paying for this with that $10 without waiting over a day to add $1 freaking dollar to my Battle.net balance?
Lotus,

It depends on how you add the funds mostly. Using a credit card has a delay. If you were to get a $20 Battle.net Balance prepaid card at a store like Best Buy though, it's immediately added when you add the funds on the website with the code.
Why is there a delay at all? This makes absolutely no sense to me when I can use that exact same credit card directly (without using Battle.net funds) to buy something from the RMAH and receive it immediately. I added $10 a few days ago and it took about 24 hours, but about a month or two ago I tried to add some money and it took almost a week to go through. Extremely frustrating.
Lotus,

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-balance-faq

"How long will it take for my recently purchased funds to appear on my account?

To ensure the security of every Battle.net Balance funds purchase, you may experience a delay before your recently purchased Battle.net Balance becomes available for use. Credit card purchases may take up to 3 days to process. Direct debit purchases may experience a delay of up to 13 days to account for delivery and processing, depending on your financial institution."
I know. My question is WHY? No other purchase I make online ANYWHERE, including buying ANYTHING except Battle.net funds from Blizzard, gives me my product instantaneously.
Lotus,

To prevent fraud. Transactions are checked by us and the banking institution involved. It takes time.
But then why is there not a delay if I buy an item from the RMAH with my Credit Card directly?
Lotus ,

This really isn't a Tech Support issue. If you have questions about billing, I suggest you call in and speak to a Billing representative.

Billing representatives are on hand to take your call between 10am to 6pm Pacific Time, 7 days a week at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (1-800-592-5499). Customers in Australia should call 1-800-041-378.
Bit of a necro but, I am also curious as to WHY it takes so long?

I would consider this a technical question as there doesn't appear to be a reason why it takes so much time to process; other than, Blizzard systems are slow. I make any other online purchase and my credit card company can see the request and acknowledgement almost immediately.

It may be helpful for everyone if you can explain the full process of communication between Blizzard and the Credit Card company, demonstrating the reason for the delay between purchase and receipt.
Shalafi ,

That's a Billing question, not one related to your computer or the game client which is what this forum is for.