How to get rid of Staff of herding recipes?

General Discussion
I guess I will make another character to get rid of mine too. Thanks.

Hopefully someone gets that fixed.
11/09/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Lylirra
The Staff of Herding recipe is currently bugged, so it's kind of difficult to get rid of (i.e. put the recipe in your stash, create a new character, move the item to the new character's inventory, and then delete the character). We've already got a fix planned, though, that will allow you to drop the item on the ground or "sell" it for 0 gold to a vendor.

Thanks, I didn't know you could do that.
Lol I grabbed one of these yesterday. Now it's chillin' in the chest.
I still love the Ping sound when a legendary drops, so when I see them drop I still smile
Just don't loot it.
Allow it to be sold for gold or salvaged ..... it does take time to collect the materials and gold to craft!
Even worse--I accidentally bought another Infernal Machine plan the other day. For some reason, I was under the mistaken impression that you needed another set of plans for every set of three keys that you obtain. So now I can't do anything with it (sell it or drop it or trade it or re-use it), and I wasted 100,000 gold to buy the darn thing...! :-0

And yah, I've got one main character & nine "Mule" characters with completely full inventories, so can't just stick it in a new character & "delete" it either... :-(
Even worse--I accidentally bought another Infernal Machine plan the other day. For some reason, I was under the mistaken impression that you needed another set of plans for every set of three keys that you obtain. So now I can't do anything with it (sell it or drop it or trade it or re-use it), and I wasted 100,000 gold to buy the darn thing...! :-0

And yah, I've got one main character & nine "Mule" characters with completely full inventories, so can't just stick it in a new character & "delete" it either... :-(

The plans for the infernal machine aren't for sale.... they only drop from the warden at Act 4.

Maybe you mean the plans for the Hellfire ring...but those cost 2,000,000 gold, not 100k.
11/09/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Goukisan
The Staff of Herding recipe is currently bugged, so it's kind of difficult to get rid of (i.e. put the recipe in your stash, create a new character, move the item to the new character's inventory, and then delete the character). We've already got a fix planned, though, that will allow you to drop the item on the ground or "sell" it for 0 gold to a vendor.

Why does it have to sell for 0 gold? Why not make it.. not entirely useless?

Yeah. If it sold for a value comparable to other dropped items you are likely to vendor, what would that hurt? I seriously doubt anyone would go farming it. :D
Why not just make it so that you can't pick it up if you already know the plan.
11/09/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Lylirra

what if like me you already haves all the caracter you can create and ok 2 of them are mule but they full of stuck and my stach and even my ah and rmah are ar 50 so... got enithing else?????)
i suggest that this plan can be double clicked and summon a random champion/rare monster
Now I read this after accidentally clicking on one of these bugged books, OMG! I already have all 4 staffs, and 10 chars, are you going to create an 11th char to delete? Please make this a priority, my best char now has junk he cant dispose of, and kindly reprimand the rocket scientist who bugged it in the first place (aint broke-dont fix rule).

Thanks,

:}{:
you could just leave it on the ground when it drops...
Make it sell for 0 gold but make "Staff of Hearding plan sold to merchant" pop up for everyone on the server to get their hopes up and start fruitless searches!
I'd go with being able to sell (and drop) them. Then once you sold enough of them the Cow King could walk the Earth.

Sort of beaten to it. Dang.
how many times are we going to see a forum post on this topic, almost wishing people would pay attention.