Taking way more damage today than yesterday..

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 46 Next
During that time, I used about as many healing potions as I did during that level and a half run as I did through the run of 3/4's of Act III two nights prior. I also used strategically every health globe that dropped - also in marked contrast to the prior evening.

This was not an especially subtle difference, and I don't believe it was my imagination.

@Sparkzen

You did that as well? I was looking for health globes as well, and used it carefully while I kited my way back ( Oh my God...as a player who find kiting disgraceful...and yet i am doing it. I ought to be shot... )

Kind of change the ways one play isn't it? aye?
During that time, I used about as many healing potions as I did during that level and a half run as I did through the run of 3/4's of Act III two nights prior. I also used strategically every health globe that dropped - also in marked contrast to the prior evening.

This was not an especially subtle difference, and I don't believe it was my imagination.

@Sparkzen

You did that as well? I was looking for health globes as well, and used it carefully while I kited my way back ( Oh my God...as a player who find kiting disgraceful...and yet i am doing it. I ought to be shot... )

Kind of change the ways one play isn't it? aye?

I have never had to use health globes and potions as strategically as I did yesterday and the day before running MP4. Keep in mind, on Monday or whatever, I was facerolling MP4.

I logged in today to try one more time. I went down to MP3 this time. If you see my post before, immediately after 1.05 I was doing MP4 efficiently. After the "hotfix", I should have been able to do MP6, seeing as that was about the equivalent to the old MP4. However, I not only couldn't do MP6, but I had to tune it down to MP4 again and I am still dying more than ever.

Anyway, so today I tuned it down to MP3. I died on the first elite pack I found. Ran back to fight them some more, died again and closed the game. I shouldn't have to go back to even easier difficulties yet because of a "hotfix" that was supposed to make monsters do less damage across the board.

Like someone said above, I am forced to take a break from this game until this settles. I had previously sold quite a lot of gear/gold on the RMAH and was just about to buy some more gold on the RMAH using some of the money I earned previously. Then I kept dying, and dying, and realized I would essentially have to upgrade probably 100mil plus worth of items, and I simply can't spend that much on this game. I would have spent another $20-30, and I'd still be in the black, but I just won't buy anything until this gets addressed - one way or another.
yeah, it would be pretty funny to find out it's a bug and they correct it. Knowing there is probably a ton of people trying to out-gear this buff.

But if it got fixed they would not complain about being OP, just drop rates at that point.
have never had to use health globes and potions as strategically as I did yesterday and the day before running MP4. Keep in mind, on Monday or whatever, I was facerolling MP4.

I logged in today to try one more time. I went down to MP3 this time. If you see my post before, immediately after 1.05 I was doing MP4 efficiently. After the "hotfix", I should have been able to do MP6, seeing as that was about the equivalent to the old MP4. However, I not only couldn't do MP6, but I had to tune it down to MP4 again and I am still dying more than ever.

Anyway, so today I tuned it down to MP3. I died on the first elite pack I found. Ran back to fight them some more, died again and closed the game. I shouldn't have to go back to even easier difficulties yet because of a "hotfix" that was supposed to make monsters do less damage across the board.

Like someone said above, I am forced to take a break from this game until this settles. I had previously sold quite a lot of gear/gold on the RMAH and was just about to buy some more gold on the RMAH using some of the money I earned previously. Then I kept dying, and dying, and realized I would essentially have to upgrade probably 100mil plus worth of items, and I simply can't spend that much on this game. I would have spent another $20-30, and I'd still be in the black, but I just won't buy anything until this gets addressed - one way or another.

Yea, that itself, gold spending just to continue playing is a big problem. The gold would better be use for upgrades.....and upgrades ain't cheap too. Unless you got a good drops and rolls for items
yeah, it would be pretty funny to find out it's a bug and they correct it. Knowing there is probably a ton of people trying to out-gear this buff.

But if it got fixed they would not complain about being OP, just drop rates at that point.

@Prology
Yeap i suppose. It is hard to keep everyone happy. aye?

Just hope they would bless our soul and grace our eyes soon enough to talk about this issue.

May there will be a pinging sound and a brown / orange light steaming down when they do?

MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
The issue became more obvious to me when I fought the ubers Rakanoth/Ghom. I never died on mp3, until yesterday... took me 5 times to kill them, and I noticed that Ghom's poison cloud and Rakanoth's thrown blades was doing a lot more damage than before...

Sticky requested! But I doubt they will answer this before monday... :/

IF they do, they might put a new spin on Monday Blues...

:P
May there will be a pinging sound and a brown / orange light steaming down when they do?

I Love that!

I Love that!

Would face palm and cry if they really do that........haha
I posted this on the Barb section and it didnt get much attention. Basically I have to skip reflect mobs now!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004690757

Melee Damage, Range Damage, Effects Damage and Reflect Damage all seem out of thwack :)
I posted this on the Barb section and it didnt get much attention. Basically I have to skip reflect mobs now!

Melee Damage, Range Damage, Effects Damage and Reflect Damage all seem out of thwack :)

Working as intended.....God this is haunting....
Wow I thought I was the only crazy one, I was !@#$%ing about this at work all Thursday morning. I was able to do mp4 and mp5 but now I'm lucky if I can pull off mp2.

Guess I'll switch back to Guild Wars 2 until Blizzard get's their house in order.
It is obvious to me that the hotfix they applied may have unintentionally changed something not intended. Maybe it accidentally reversed the monster power reduction applied during the previous patch.

I have no proof other than the fact that I can no longer play the MP level I could easily play after the monster damage reduction. I had to return almost to the level I played before the monster damage reduction patch.

It is unlikely that so many players are imagining this.

What you call lacking imagination, I call keeping my idiotic tinfoil hat off my head. Nothing has changed. The red numbers I see popping up over my head are the same red numbers I've seen since they lowered mp damage.

This whole conversation I quoted just shows how some Blizz superfans will never be able to admit that Blizz could make a mistake, no matter how many mistakes they have already admitted to making.

Oh, I have no problem calling out Blizzard on a mistake. But, I have seen a ton of these threads, all speculative, about increased damage after a hotfix. They have always been wrong and from what I see, this thread is no exception.
Bizz can see the incoming damage numbers , they KNOW something is wrong after the hotfix.

WE KNOW SOMETHING IS WRONG < FRIGGIN FIX IT!!!!!
I thought I was insane and kept checking my gear to make sure I didn't accidentely swap something out. This is since the Thursday hotfix.

Signed
I'm sorry, but don't see any difference at all. Just as one of the patches noted, dogs reflect correctly now as before they weren't at all. Please, quit nerfing this game, public games are a joke now.

Working as intended.....God this is haunting....

I got nothing against Reflect but I think it is broke right now... Your main attack (Mine is Bash) should not kill you on reflect. Hammer Smash where I can spam crits of 1 and 2 million per hit; now that should kill me and they do haha.
Can we get a Blue post about this topic!!!!
Ninja everywhere