Follower items are absolutely useless...

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next
11/07/2012 06:59 PMPosted by Grimiku
Thanks for letting us know that you think follower relics could be more interesting. Do you have an example of what would make these items more valuable to you?

Since follower cannot equip armor pieces (besides jewelry) and do not have a base armor besides bonus from strength, having the follower relics to all grant a fixed amount of armor bonus to compensate will be nice. Something like:
- Templar relics: +1250 armor
- Scoundrel tokens: +1000 armor
- Enchantress focuses: +750 armor
They also lack of all resistance, so having a chance to get 50-200 AR on their relics will be wellcome.

Also, allowing +%MF item bonus and item bonuses to their skills as many people suggested sounds wonderful.

Can we have legendary relics plz?? (with nice unique bonuses :D).

This is a bit out of topic but even though i find followers usefull, they lack too much of decent damage, I would like to ask for a reduction to their damage penalties.
Legendary relics that can provide 1 of 3 things:
%exp bonus
MF
%stats shared with party
Thanks for letting us know that you think follower relics could be more interesting. Do you have an example of what would make these items more valuable to you?

Items that allow the Follower's to gain Bonus's from Set Items or even create Follower Set Specefic Items.
i have sold many follower tokens for 5mil+, and this was when gold was worth 5 times what it is now, lol.

Want to make the game more fun for single player, and get a great new gold sink?

Let the followers equip all gear players can, sure, keep it segregated to class.

Enchantress - Wiz gear
Templar - Barb gear
Scoundrel - DH gear

Been having some real fun with my enchantress since I found her a maximus sword drop
a while back, it was 1300dps and had a lot of strength, sold it and got her a INT rolled version. Can get her up to 11k dmg with minimal investment, and that demon is a beast for tanking. Im sure there are others spending more on her and getting over 11k dmg.
With her, the demon, and the wolf I have 3 followers.

Liking some of the suggestions here too, more exp relics, stop rolling high base stats on,
relics that are meant for someone else. Not that they cant still be used, but seriously,
when I find a scoundrel relic with 300 str Im like WTF, why not DEX!?
How about follower specific weapons, rings, and amulets? Each could provide a proc chance for some random effect, like 1-4% chance on attack to turn target into a chicken, or stun/snare, or even a taunt on attack for the templar.
i like all my 3 followers ;) check them out on my dh
I honestly think you should be able to completely gear out your follower. Shoulders, chest, belt, boots, etc. The limit on the amount of gear as well as lack of abilities really hurts followers and their ability to survive and do damage. Obviously there would be a limit on how much they benefit from gear equipped, but something needs to change.

I propose three things:

• Allow us to equip more gear on the followers, even if its just the main gear slots (head, chest, legs, gloves, and boots)
  • Allow us to manually control and trigger 'special skills' that followers are able to learn (triggered from an extra mini-hot bar located directly over our current one, like in WoW for pets)
  • *** An example would be an AoE spell that we, as a player, could trigger on our followers; causing a mass heal, ground-stomp like attacks that stuns, or a short temporary shrine-like buff
  • Add an extra tier of skills that the followers can learn (allowing you to choose between 3 skills in each category) or simply add an extra skill or two, raising the total to 6 or 7 skills known by the follower.

I honestly really enjoy having a follower around, they can be helpful at times; not to mention the extra MF bonus, attack speed, crit chance/damage, and healing provided by any given follower. I know for a fact that the Templar has saved my !@# on a number of occasions with his knockback and healing :D

So please Blizz, consider doing a major overhaul on the followers!

- Nars

Just spitballin here...

1. an item that would make the follower able to choose one more skill that wasn't taken already perhaps?

2. something that allowed the follower a random 'frenzy' proc (a short burst of IAS/power/movement speed)?

3. a proc that replaced resources on the main character? An Arcane Power regen-o-matic e.g.

4. something new that allowed the follower to gain a skill (temporarily) that the main char has? Could be random and fun.

5. an item that makes your follower hop on your back and causes you both to morph into Princess Theradras replete with farting attacks? (cmon, you know this would be awesome).
LET FOLLOWERS HAVE HELMETS :) all i ask for
That's because 95% of players don't properly gear their followers. Check the gear mine has in profile. Also I suggest 5% of your followers(unbuffed) str/dex/int/vit/ar be added to your stats. For example, if you equip your templar with a +300 str spear, your barb gains 15 str.
Those legendaries that have interesting procs, such as summoning a demon or angel, charming enemies on hit, etc might not be the most useful for your actual character but they make for interesting choices for followers.
I just want a follower item that would increase my pickup radius. The only thing I really use my follower for if MF but I would pay a lot to be able to add an item to them that gave me +5 pickup radius.
11/08/2012 06:27 PMPosted by Midnite
I just want a follower item that would increase my pickup radius. The only thing I really use my follower for if MF but I would pay a lot to be able to add an item to them that gave me +5 pickup radius.

I have a better idea .... no pickup radius, but the follower will scurry all over to help you pick up gold from the floor. I mean...isn't it more logical? What does a pickup radius of 30 yards mean anyway....what helps you to pick up the gold? An invisible hand?

And WHEN A LEGENDARY DROP ......... follower will dance on top of the legendary
seeing a follower relic with bonus exp. % would be superb!
Followers useless? Nah of course not! They're very proactive at shooting at goblins off screen, great at diving into pools of molten and of course, kneeling constantly in awe of your awesome killing power!
Lazy followers irk me a little. If one of them can risk their neck they all can instead of standing around shooting the poo.
Hell might as well drag that cry baby Black smith out to break down my poo drops and repair my stuff on the fly and his jabber mouthed gem buddy. Well..maybe not them two but as far as those adventuring types, let them earn their keep as often as possible.
They can rest when I'm dead.

For gear, in D2 I liked to turn my followers into bombs. Especially with chance on hit to cast lvl XX frost nova.
It made me happy.
One more crazy idea, how about letting us bring more then one with us?

Id love to try farming mp10 with all 3 of them backing me up! :-)

Maybe a passive skill, or some sort of gold sink, crazy mission/event to make it happen?
Solo farming with my enchantress MP level 5-7 is pretty much useless...shes dead every single pull...my scoundrel seems to survive about 25% more but he is still as useful as !@#$ on a boar...followers need a complete overhaul now with the new MP system...boost there HP at minimum.