Hellfire should salvage into a random organ

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
We've definitely discussed the possibility of allowing Hellfire Rings to salvage into component pieces, and have debated your feedback quite heavily as a part of that process. While we understand why players would like Hellfire Rings to salvage into demonic organs (or even Keywarden keys), we don't think that's the right way to go right now since it would essentially let you skip some encounters completely. It's something we may revisit in the future, though, once the event has been around for a longer period of time.

We do agree with you, however, that the rings should be able to salvage into Brimstones, in addition to Magic and Rare crafting materials. The reason we didn't go with Brimstones originally was that we wanted to avoid the situation where you could always get that particular mat from a single item, over and over. The idea doesn't really sync up with our design philosophy, and the market is pretty saturated with Brimstones as-is. Even so, we know that it can feel cheap to not have a chance to get a Legendary material from a Legendary item, and we don't feel like our original reasons continue to hold up in light of the feedback you've provided us.

Since I know this will get brought up: We're also exploring ways to improve the worth of Brimstones, as well as crafting in general. We feel like the system itself could use some revamping, but we're not yet at a point where we can discuss what kind of changes we're considering. We haven't ruled out the possibility of introducing new recipes at some point in the meantime, though, or introducing other ways for players to put their crafting materials to good use.

The problem most people have is that they have one too many of one specific organ. Myself, for example, have accumulated an uneven number of organs. All of which are useless as of the moment. They're never going to be equal unless by some RNG miracle, I get one particular organ consecutively.

I think the idea of a ring salvaging into a random organ by some chance would alleviate the problem stated above.

Let me give an example:

I have 8 useless hellfire rings. 7 Writhing Spines and 4 Demon Fangs.
Now salvaging a hellfire ring is really a tough decision. You put time and effort in makin one. Right now we know that they only salvage into magic crafting materials. This is a pretty lame seein the fact that you fight key wardens and ubers to even be able to obtain one. Not to mention RNG as your biggest enemy. Except for mp10 of course.

Now if my ring salvages into an organ at a certain success rate, I now have a chance of getting a vengeful eye. If I do, I can make another ring.
If it doesn't give me an eye, all I get is an accumulation of my already existing stash of organs or maybe just crafting mats.
I agree, same as the poster above me. I have 9 eyes and 5 fangs. Which really sucks becasue they just sit there in my stash doing nothing. Spines just hate me..
We've definitely discussed the possibility of allowing Hellfire Rings to salvage into component pieces, and have debated your feedback quite heavily as a part of that process. While we understand why players would like Hellfire Rings to salvage into demonic organs (or even Keywarden keys), we don't think that's the right way to go right now since it would essentially let you skip some encounters completely. It's something we may revisit in the future, though, once the event has been around for a longer period of time.

We do agree with you, however, that the rings should be able to salvage into Brimstones, in addition to Magic and Rare crafting materials. The reason we didn't go with Brimstones originally was that we wanted to avoid the situation where you could always get that particular mat from a single item, over and over. The idea doesn't really sync up with our design philosophy, and the market is pretty saturated with Brimstones as-is. Even so, we know that it can feel cheap to not have a chance to get a Legendary material from a Legendary item, and we don't feel like our original reasons continue to hold up in light of the feedback you've provided us.

Since I know this will get brought up: We're also exploring ways to improve the worth of Brimstones, as well as crafting in general. We feel like the system itself could use some revamping, but we're not yet at a point where we can discuss what kind of changes we're considering. We haven't ruled out the possibility of introducing new recipes at some point in the future, though, or introducing other ways for players to put their crafting materials to good use.

Why not implementing more Hellfire Items that you can craft for the organs? Maybe make the Plans for these other Hellfire Items drop from the Act 4 Keywarden? Hellfire Amulet, Hellfire Belt just a few ideas no need to make them as strong as the Hellfire Ring though just to add more reasons to do these ubers since they doesn't feel that rewarding at the moment.

I think the idea of a ring salvaging into a random organ by some chance would alleviate the problem stated above.

Since organs drop at random and causes an imbalance of organ ratios, allowing rings to salvage into a random organ will alleviate the situation......

Yes, well mathematically, larger your sample size, the closer the empirical mean should approach the calculated/expected mean. Some smart guy should be able you exactly how much closer.
well looks like brimstone prices are gonna increase now...
I think Blizz is wrong on this. Ive pretty much given up making rings, I will casually do some ubers, then I go 2/6 on MP8 and im like wtf. Then i make a ring and it is horrible. It takes a while to make one even on MP8, its not worth the effort.
Well I am happy they are doing something with brimstones and crafting. I have a stash full of mats that would be nice to have associated with a purpose. As it is now crafting is a very poor return on investment.
11/20/2012 05:30 PMPosted by zarajank

O RLY?
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/3126/screenshot068m.jpg

Yes. Spending $2000 on BiS items = lazy.

I'm sorry you suck at this game.