Vile Ward not worth price... at all.

Items and Crafting
Prev 1 3 4 5 14 Next
Paid 32m for my demon hunters before 1.0.5 - yeah.
Got my Vile Ward for under 4mil... Don't look at stupid priced item in AH, always look for cheaper.
A top rolled vile ward is best in slot, period.
I paid I think 33m for my female WD's Vile Wards. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/heath-1914/hero/28258185
I sold a pair of viles for 475m if i remember correctly :)
1st, 300 armor worth alot.

I agree that some VW are overpriced, I consider my Barb shoulder better that almost any VW and I payed much less than 1mil.

But if you do not have anything to send your money, buy a VW with extra main stat + vit, will be your go, that´s why good VW rolls worth so much, same happen to others legendary, good roll worth fortune, bad roll are worthless.
I bought mine for 7m i think it's pretty freakin good :P
Mine were like 7m...
They are WAY overpriced still. I got these shoulders for 400k and for VW, similar stats would cost me a few mil at the very least. I can understand end game they are the best, but I think you could fine rare ones with exact stats for much cheaper for the most part.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Spideyboy-1341/hero/994403
This is a interesting topic. I hear people from both camps saying that Viles with high stats can go for a billion and other say 200m.

I found this one and from what I understand this is a by all means a strong vile.

611 Armor
232 Intelligence
46 Vitality
71 AR
11% Life
249 Armor
247 Life Regen Per second

What does something like this go for? I have seen prices anywhere from 700m to 1.5b and one slightly better for 2b on AH.

Any thoughts?
On a Barbarian these shoulders look so REDICULOUS. They're waay too big.
OP is a moron.

My Wizard's Vile Ward has more Int, a lot more armor and life regen. I bought it for 7.5m. Not 100m.

Well then youre lucky because i look every day.

Obvious troll? I just looked in the AH for the following Vile Wards:

+170 Intelligence
+70 Vitality

The first full page came up with VW's as good as or better than mine. All under 7m.

And the extra armor and life regeneration is amazing. Sure, Life Steal is better at high DPS, but you can't get Life Steal on shoulders, so your point is completely invalid.
Show me rare shoulders that give 800 armor....... there are none.

My vile ward gives me a huge boost in armor over rares, i purposely bought a high roll of strength on my dex vileward for the armor..... not to mention that life regen is nice, plus 200 main stat with vit.

No rare can come close to rolling that.

Definitely worth the 20 some odd million I payed.

Check out the shoulders on my barbarian. 190 main stat, 80 VIT with all resists and 625 base armor giving me a grand total of 10 more Armor than yours. Cost me 2m.
7m, 30m, seriously guys? How did you find these deals? I got mine for 120 mil last week. It's not a buy out and I won the last bid.
i found some pretty sick shoulders a few days ago for barbs
230-250 ish str
150ish vit
7% life
59+ all resist
100 life regen

thought they were pretty nice
11/07/2012 09:38 AMPosted by ifLaNa
A top rolled vile ward is best in slot, period.
11/07/2012 12:13 PMPosted by zhouxin
7m, 30m, seriously guys? How did you find these deals? I got mine for 120 mil last week. It's not a buy out and I won the last bid.

Your Vile Ward is MUCH better than the average. high main stat, high vitality, and 9% life. I'd say you got a good deal.