Treasure Goblin Hit Points

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
I would like to know why rend does not work on Goblins. WHen I cast it and hit the goblin with my primary attack the rend dissapears.
I haven't complained about this but I agree at the higher levels they need to be toned down.

I'm easily running MP6 killing everything quickly and dying rarely, if ever, BUT I can not kill
a treasure goblin. They get away with 20-50% of their health every time.

Same here for MP4/5. I barely die but I cannot kill goblins before they port away. Even when I get a lucky string of crits.
I have more trouble with the speed of the Goblins and that you can't stun or freeze them that good. I really hope it's a bug that they get never stuned or anything in that direction and not a feature.
It also seems that it is very hard to interrupt their portal now, this was much easier some time ago. Sometimes I can't kill them, even on MP2 but to be honest, my WD is not fast and also not skilled for effective Treasure Goblin killing.
Slower speed of the Goblins and better stun-ability would already help very much, lower HP is also a solution but not that elegant imho. It's just not logical that a Treasure Goblin is much more CC immune than even the toughest Bosses in D3. This needs adjustments pretty bad.
11/08/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Lylirra
When we were initially deciding how Treasure Goblin health would scale with each level of Monster Power, we wanted to make sure that they could still stand a chance against your heroes and provide a reasonable challenge. We thought we scaled them pretty well, but after paying close attention to your feedback since 1.0.5 launched, we agree that we may have set the bar too high. We're already looking at making some adjustments to tone down goblin health at higher MP levels, but we don't have any specifics to share at the moment.

I can kill him on mp7 solo if the conditions are right and my mouse clicks sure and accurate. lol

But I'm not all that OP.. so I imagine that someome like Google#### can do much better then I. I'm not sure it's as unbalanced as many complain it is.
11/08/2012 05:57 PMPosted by psychosteve
I can kill him by myself up to mp6 with wrath but when my underpowered friends join its a waste of time. Although he dropped me 3 rares yesterday without killing him lol.

He dropped me a leg once like that. lol
11/08/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Zerinax
Nooooo ! They're fine ! It needs to be a challenge, please, don't change it. Lower your MP if you can't kill one.

With all due respect, I don't think you are qualified to address killing goblins at higher MP levels based on your DPS.

It is a big issue when high DPS characters cannot kill them at higher MP levels before they teleport away
Man my main is a barb and I have around 180k buffed dps and I still can't kill the goblins at mp 8 however I don't user sprint, I know its on my build atm but I was experimenting last night. When they run and run and run I can't do enough dmg then when they do stop it is usually to cast their portal and escape and in the last 10 secs I can't burn them even with WoTB on.
Keep it the same. Dont change it cause this person is crying for a nerf.

MP10 is meant for the very top geared. Those who are geared enough are capable of killing the goblin.

^ Barb detected

Yeah, Im a WW barb. Dh's have an easier time killing gobs than me. What's your point?
OH my god no kidding i can find a Goblin on mp 3 yup i said it only mp 3 have it cornered with no other mobs even close by hitting it the whole time and it still gets away with like 3/4 of its life....I do 60k damage and 45% crit
I am a barb with about 113k dps buffed (non-WW)

Unless WOTB is up, i have almost no chance of killing the goblin at MP 6 unless i get lucky and trap him in a corner, and at 7+ it is impossible for me.
While we're on the subject of Goblins.....perhaps they could do something about them running into doorways to other areas i.e. The bright yellow re-zoning doors. If they're near one they run straight to it and park right there, making it extremely difficult to hit them without accidentally clicking yourself in and out of the area. The threshold is so bright you cannot see the little bugger.
11/09/2012 09:17 AMPosted by BurningRope
While we're on the subject of Goblins.....perhaps they could do something about them running into doorways to other areas i.e. The bright yellow re-zoning doors. If they're near one they run straight to it and park right there, making it extremely difficult to hit them without accidentally clicking yourself in and out of the area. The threshold is so bright you cannot see the little bugger.

Agreed - that has happened to me a bunch of times in the Arreat crater levels
11/08/2012 06:27 PMPosted by Pocket
Stone of Jordan

In this as in other areas SoJ is the answer to so very many problems.
The only chance to kill goblin on high MP is with a CM wiz to freeze it.
11/08/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Zerinax
Nooooo ! They're fine ! It needs to be a challenge, please, don't change it. Lower your MP if you can't kill one.

If you really want a challenge, use only blue gear and if that don't do it for you, go to just white gear, or perhaps to no gear at all.
Treasure goblins are a bonus not an entitlement. Change your spec if you can't kill them or get better gear if it's that important to you. Resplendant chests are for everyone while a goblins are a "right place, spec, time, corner" sort of thing. Complain about something worthwhile so blizzard acts on "feedback" that actually affects the game.
11/08/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Lylirra
When we were initially deciding how Treasure Goblin health would scale with each level of Monster Power, we wanted to make sure that they could still stand a chance against your heroes and provide a reasonable challenge. We thought we scaled them pretty well, but after paying close attention to your feedback since 1.0.5 launched, we agree that we may have set the bar too high. We're already looking at making some adjustments to tone down goblin health at higher MP levels, but we don't have any specifics to share at the moment.

Please don't change it! My build stands out b/c of how well I can poop on gobs :)
11/08/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Ace

Another problem is my barb can easily do MP5(MP10 takes too long) but I can't touch treasure goblins even on MP1. My suggestion is that as long as I attack the treasure goblin, he should not be able to portal out, only if I stop attacking for 5-10 seconds.

I actually like this idea.

The auto-port feature of the goblin is arbitrary. I better like the idea of having the goblin port out if not attacked for say 5-10 seconds.... and an attack interrupts the portal.

What I really like about this idea, is that it adds the added danger of continuing to chase that silly goblin into unexplored parts of the map where you could possibly get overwhelmed with adds while your lust for killing the goblin causes you to chase him.

As it is, I don't have enough dps to realistically kill the goblin on MP5 in a co-op game.
Keep it the same. Dont change it cause this person is crying for a nerf.

MP10 is meant for the very top geared. Those who are geared enough are capable of killing the goblin.

^ Barb detected

WW Barb is probably the weakest build to use against Goblins, you don't do damage to target that are constantly moving.

Using HotA is efficient at least!