DPS check thread

Monk
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
Very nice thread OP. Here is my contribution. Standard cyclone build with blind and breath of heaven.

166k unbuffed w/o follower
MP6 Azmo - 29.5sec --> True DPS of 1.22M

Multiplier = 7.47
I look forward to testing this when I get home from work later today:) Great job everyone posting results and feedback.
Thanks once again guys!

I'll have to keep bumping so it gets a bit more attention.
After seeing the video of Morionic take down MP10 uber Ghom.. It really made me wonder what the actual DPS is.

This information can be useful in estimating LS gains as well!
So theoretically, for 1000 Life per second @ 3% LS (0.6% effective), is therefore requiring 167k true DPS.
..by taking a conservative DPS factor (7x), then the paperdoll DPS is 23.8k.

Remembering this is at full stride, under dps buffs.

I should also point out 1000 life per second isn't much either. By extension again, 100kdps paperdoll with 3% LS would mean a heal rate of over 4000 per second!
Oooooh I can't wait to try this.
Oh snap!

Godly is OVER 9000... right?

well... 9000+ Life per second = 214k dps paperdoll.

There you go. all you naysayers.

GODLIKE MONKS = 214k dps

edit:
or you can be "godlike" at 107k dps with 6%LS lololololol
tag
unbuffed: 101k dps
mp5 azmodan: 27mil hp
time taken: 37 sec
true dps: 703k
factor: 6.96
i cannot wait to try this
It would be interesting to see results from other classes.

interesting. did you use tempest rush much?

11/08/2012 04:40 PMPosted by Spizzlespee
It would be interesting to see results from other classes.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark, but either barbs or monks will have the highest multipliers (swaying towards barbs - only from an indication from another forum I've posted this on). A WD friend of mine has his char near 200k dps on paper, yet he deals around 1m true dps.

Feel free to copy the original thread into another subforum. The higher MP levels serves as a dps check over time. i.e., a glass cannon wiz/archon might deal lots of DPS.. but really, how long can that be sustained?
dang, wanted to test last night but forgotten.

With SOJ the timing is about the same.. i wonder why? Shouldn't it be faster?

Ps: Sorry for the lousy video quality.. anyone can teach me how to record better quality? lol =p

SOJ is terrible for monk, cause bonus vs elites does not work on sweeping wind or any DoT skills. For monk where sweeping wind make up good 30-40% overall damage, SOJ is absolutely useless...

I had faced the same scenario long ago when I acquired SOJ and found this out after searching in forum for the reason.
Thank you OP for this interesting experiment. I've run Mp 10 and I must say the result is pretty consistent. Let us monk show the world how good our class actually are. Try this out guys!

Mp 10

Paper DPS: 208k unbuffed with WKL
Azmo HP: 138mil
Time to Kill: 68s
True DPS: 2.02mil
multiplicative DPS factor: ~9.8x
Typical cyclone build used

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-stZnG7RqfE&feature=youtu.be
dang, wanted to test last night but forgotten.

With SOJ the timing is about the same.. i wonder why? Shouldn't it be faster?

Ps: Sorry for the lousy video quality.. anyone can teach me how to record better quality? lol =p

SOJ is terrible for monk, cause bonus vs elites does not work on sweeping wind or any DoT skills. For monk where sweeping wind make up good 30-40% overall damage, SOJ is absolutely useless...

I had faced the same scenario long ago when I acquired SOJ and found this out after searching in forum for the reason.

hmmm... imo since it can unleash the same amount of dmg compare to any good ring. What I would say is it is useless against whites and useful against Elite and Bosses.. this is how I feel.. =)

hmmm... imo since it can unleash the same amount of dmg compare to any good ring. What I would say is it is useless against whites and useful against Elite and Bosses.. this is how I feel.. =)

This is what I thought about the SOJ initially. "lose dps skills, gain only against elites". I would rather get a proper dps stat ring which can apply to white mobs and not only elites.

interesting. did you use tempest rush much?

I ran a different build than what my profile says...had serenity still, and put blind on right click.. i have since removed serenity and put tempest rush back in for farming :)
^cool, thanks for the clarification.

---== Updated OP to include averages ==---
unbuffed: 127k dps
mp6 azmodan: 36mil hp
time taken: 31 sec
true dps: 1.161m
factor: 9.14x

i tried ghom MP10 as well, took me like 2 min to drop him tho.. now i crave for more power!
unbuffed: 127k dps
mp6 azmodan: 36mil hp
time taken: 31 sec
true dps: 1.161m
factor: 9.14x

i tried ghom MP10 as well, took me like 2 min to drop him tho.. now i crave for more power!

Thanks! I've noted that you use a WKL as well.
Just to share azmodan doesnt have 27 million on mp5 he has 25million 700 thousand hitpoints which may have made people think to put 27 instead of 25 so their numbers will be off on mp5 if they did that by mistake

Anyways....

137k dps [128 paper but my helm adds more hidden]
azmo 25.5 mill mp5 [he has 25.7 mill but i died when he had 200k]
time to kill 37.26
True DPS: 684 380k
multiplicative dps factor 4.99%

fun experiment!!