average dmg ring bug

Witch Doctor
I dont understand how the average dmg is calculate on ring.When i do a search on the ah for à Zuni Pox , a 30-60 ring have more average dmg then a 25-85 ring.Can some1 explain me that pls.Sry for my bad english .
I've heard someone else mention this too, so it's probably a real bug. I guess the "like items" search represents the real damage, although it could be the "like items" feature itself that is bugged (less likely).
it's just a bug.
actualy i think its the same person asking the same question. if it is not a bug then you are missing something.

is there more main stat on the 30-60 ring then the 25-85 ring? people seem to forget the damage is calcualted from items damage AND stats
From what I understand, it's due to a prop not showing up. All the ones(I've seen) that seemed wonky only had five props visible. There's an extra +max or +min that just doesn't show up. I've only really checked this out to be true on Unity legendary rings, but it could very well be a bug on all rings. Check the ring you think is screwed up, if it's only 5 prop, thats likely the problem. Hope that helps.
11/16/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Syndicate
From what I understand, it's due to a prop not showing up. All the ones(I've seen) that seemed wonky only had five props visible. There's an extra +max or +min that just doesn't show up. I've only really checked this out to be true on Unity legendary rings, but it could very well be a bug on all rings. Check the ring you think is screwed up, if it's only 5 prop, thats likely the problem. Hope that helps.

This is what it is.

There are sometimes hidden +max and +min damage modifiers on jewelry.

Its a visual bug on the equipment itself, the AH just kind of "finds it" for you.

And no, its not a sum of damage and stats, average damage searches for average damage only.

You'll be able to find the exact logic by googling it. I believe I saw it on a diablofans forum post. Theres a way to figure it out by counting the number of properties visible by what should be on the item.