Mouse Macros? Sticky thread to get blue resp

General Discussion
Are macro's OK or not!? There is nothing that is just bold anywhere about it. people are claiming to be getting banned for it but who know what else they have done. Trying to get the community to request a sticky on this in HOPES TO GET A BLUE RESPONSE AND CLEAR THIS UP FOR EVERYONE. Having a gaming keyboard and mouse that you can program to click buttons in a sequence you want it to should not "IMO" be a banable offense. BUT IF IT IS they should just flat out say it! Getting a ban for programming your "gaming keyboard" for a "game" sounds kinda dumb to me....

Please Help by requesting a sticky on this thread to get a blue post to respond!
Blue will never respond to this, good luck trying, people have been beating this topic to death, yet Blizzard doesn't want to explicitly shine light on this grey area.
because they want you to systematically use your fingers. macros are too easy, get rid of it. farming the same elite over and over? ya that sgone too. want to farm the skeleton king? better start your quest over ins tead of just relogging and going straight to the boss.

see my point here?
This is why Im trying to get people to sticky this thread to get a response. And malurek kI dont rly understand what your saying
Pls help us get a response on this issue with the request sticky button in the upper right corner
anything u do that isnt how blizzard intends for you to play the game isnt allowed. so thats why people get banned for macros.
11/17/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Malurek
anything u do that isnt how blizzard intends for you to play the game isnt allowed. so thats why people get banned for macros.

There are so many people using macros, and only a few have posted being banned... which leads me to believe they are using more than just a macro and spreading false information on their ban.
so what your saying is your going to hit the request sticky button in the corner to help try to get a blue post?
11/17/2012 12:51 PMPosted by brotatoes

There are so many people using macros, and only a few have posted being banned... which leads me to believe they are using more than just a macro and spreading false information on their ban.

This is what Im thinking also but there has not been any bold staetment about this from a blue. So please help by requesting a sticky
Single key remappings are allowed ( 1 key/click = 1 game client action ), so using a multifunction (or gaming) keyboard / mouse is allowed as long as you only remap 1:1.

It's when a single key/click sets off a sequence of actions that it crosses the line into automation and that's not allowed, clearly spelled out in the DIII EULA

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/d3_eula.html

Sect 2-B of the Diablo III End User License Agreement:
... You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:

B. Use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Game experience, including without limitation, mods that violate the terms of this License Agreement or the Terms of Use;

"automation software" = multiple actions preformed after a single key / click and "bots" are just more complex macro programs that execute an extensive list of commands in a given pattern / timing sequence.
If anyone cares to help. Pls help us get a response on this issue with the request sticky button in the upper right corner.
Single key remappings are allowed ( 1 key/click = 1 game client action ), so using a multifunction (or gaming) keyboard / mouse is allowed as long as you only remap 1:1.

It's when a single key/click sets off a sequence of actions that it crosses the line into automation and that's not allowed, clearly spelled out in the DIII EULA

Sect 2-B of the Diablo III End User License Agreement:
... You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:

B. Use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Game experience, including without limitation, mods that violate the terms of this License Agreement or the Terms of Use;

"automation software" = multiple actions preformed after a single key / click and "bots" are just more complex macro programs that execute an extensive list of commands in a given pattern / timing sequence.

This is not very clear if you ask me. Programming your mouse to click 1 and 2 in sequence with 1 mouse click is not automated or a bot. you still have to click right?
It's very clear in the TOS that it is not allowed.
What is allowed is using a gaming keyboard and programming chat macros, like vent info, LFG things like that.
You are not allowed to bind any keys the interact with the game unless you can do it in the key binding menu.
If you want to make 1 key do 2 things.. i.e. mouse 5 is 1+2 then you are cheating.
gg.
What is allowed is using a gaming keyboard and programming chat macros, like vent info, LFG things like that.
You are not allowed to bind any keys the interact with the game unless you can do it in the key binding menu.
If you want to make 1 key do 2 things.. i.e. mouse 5 is 1+2 then you are cheating.
gg.

Not trying to be an donky about this really but I am curious where does it state this? The only thing I have read about anything about this is what someone posted above which is pretty vague.

Also is it really "interacting with the game?" The Razor drivers allows you to program your mouse or keyboard to do what you want. That was the point of getting a gaming mouse/keyboard. So programming my mouse, when I click mouse button 5 it makes it press 1 then 2 how is that cheating?
gg.

That's why Blizzard sells their own macro mouse? It's a grey area, and Blizzard never clarifies this.
gg.

That's why Blizzard sells their own macro mouse? It's a grey area, and Blizzard never clarifies this.

Thanks for your reply!

The idea is to get enough sticky requests to get some clarification so pls help by requesting a sticky in the upper right corner.
If anyone cares to help. Pls help us get a response on this issue with the request sticky button in the upper right corner.

This is not very clear if you ask me. Programming your mouse to click 1 and 2 in sequence with 1 mouse click is not automated or a bot. you still have to click right?
It's very clear.

It is automated because you did not click twice (once for skill #1 and again for skill #2), you clicked once and two individual skills were triggered in sequence from that single click.

Whether you set off a sequence of 2 actions (or 200) through a single keystroke or click, it's automation which is a violation of the EULA (Sect 2-B) and subject to a ban.
No where in the link above does it say any of this. I am curious where are you getting this information? The only thing that might come close in the above link is

"Use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Game experience, including without limitation, mods that violate the terms of this License Agreement or the Terms of Use; "

Which is really vague and should be more clear IMO. If they don't want people to use macros then why does it just not say (macros) right there next to bots?

The whole point of gaming keyboard and mice is to be able to have an edge in games and make play easier than mashing keys. If most games don't even allow this and will literally take away what you have already purchased then what's the point in even having them?

Yet another thing I have found is that some where saying using a macro for game play in wow is banable offence yet they have an entire forum for macros?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011693/
Pls help us get a response on this issue with the request sticky button in the upper right corner