300,000 DPS Wizard gets owned

Wizard
11/17/2012 03:45 AMPosted by ChromeMagnum
It just does not feel right the amount of time I have put in.

Get a cheap 3% lifesteal weapon and just swap it for reflect elites.
A high dps isn't always that helpful. I tried running a glass cannon build with around 300k dps with glass cannon and all those buffs but I found that I killed mobs faster with half that dps using a CM build.
It's just annoying that one unavoidable affix has so much influence on how you have to gear and skill spec your wizard. No other single affix contains this much influence.
I agree, it's annoying. Blood Magic needs to unnerfed and buffed.

I tried running a glass cannon build with around 300k dps with glass cannon and all those buffs but I found that I killed mobs faster with half that dps using a CM build.

Many of us don't want to play that build or can't due to fingers hurting. And not all of us are glassy.
Blood magic + LS weapon plus enough armor/ar to mitigate it. Obviously if you ONLY focus on DPs that will be the outcome silly, do you understand what reflect damage does?
I'm basically a 300K DPS Wiz too and a little diamond skin+health globe drops+some kiting=doable. Rarely will I one shot myself but that isn't very often in MP6.
I think lifesteal is a bit overrated for us wiz against reflect, not saying we don't need it, but what will really save you is to deal lower dps. For CMs, don't deal the full arsenal of spells you have. For archon, if you have high dps, just try to kill one elite off at a time, instead of being greedy and blast all 3 or 4 of them at once.
11/17/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Xfstar
For archon, if you have high dps, just try to kill one elite off at a time, instead of being greedy and blast all 3 or 4 of them at once.

But, but, but ...

http://i.imgur.com/Kk0nu.jpg
I hear about all these rants with RD being too hard, but personally I dont struggle at all with it.
I have 2.9% LS on weap, 636AR, 5202 armor, 221 dps (profile might not be updated) and in mp4-5 RD is no problem at all. I also use spectral blades with healing rune while not in archon and most elites in mp4-5 I can facetank np. I think the OP has such problems because he only has +146 AR from gear which is WAY too low and no +armor.

My suggestion would be to get your +resists above 600, armor above 5k, use bloodmagic, get LS weap and you'll be fine, and sacrificing 100k dps to do so isn't a waste. Biggest problem I can see is that you spend all your time getting more dps and 300k dps is sick but its totally unbalanced when you have no +AR, armor. How do you even heal when you are playing? Just from globes and potions?
11/17/2012 03:57 AMPosted by ChromeMagnum
Reflect is off the charrts on a wizard

Only for non-cm/ww wizards. For me i barely notice it and I put out about 882k effective dps just by swapping prismatic for shocking aspect.
11/17/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Cheffster
I hear about all these rants with RD being too hard, but personally I dont struggle at all with it

I don't either, but it's not about me.

I think the feedback, not rants, on reflect damage is valid. Recent history has proven that players know how to improve this game much more than what was released, and when the devs do it, we wizards get buffed rainbow flavors of hydra.
11/17/2012 12:39 PMPosted by jenpeezey
For archon, if you have high dps, just try to kill one elite off at a time, instead of being greedy and blast all 3 or 4 of them at once.

But, but, but ...

http://i.imgur.com/Kk0nu.jpg

LOL for the img.

To OP, quick fix is to get a cheap LS/LoH weapon to swtich, drop that storm armor for EA + prismatic, drop force weapon and use blood magic instead.

And as far as I know, bliz is working on a change to how reflect damage works..so stay tuned, it might not be an issue for you in future releases.
Rofl. I don't even look at affixes. Health link reflect are the only ones that ever drop my life but I don't die. If you run archon you need a skorn or 3% LS and blood magic.
220k eHP? lol I may not have 200k unbuffed dps, but i have double the eHP with loh or LS. You can't fight with no defence. You can't win "championships" without defence... lol
Whatever you choose to do I think 1.5 LS from blood magic beats 5% extra dps every time.

Just got 2.9 LS weapon and I'm sort of happy with it. Not sure yet!
I have no problem with reflect damage. unless its coupled with electrify
U know when I look at your profile, firstly, I look at your weapon. No LS, nuff said.

Not to mention All resist and armor super low. Go 200k DPS and make everything more balance. There's no shortcut bro. You want a high DPS broken wizard or a balanced wizard ?

And build... u run shocking aspect with archon as a core... O_o I have no idea man, u need to read more threads in this forum X_X

ditto
like everyone said LS wep and maybe get more resist and you should be fine. might try running blood magic too ... every LS% helps