this just happened to me. i sent them a ticke

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 10 Next
lol idiot learn to count your own fault not blizzards
Do you people just not check your auctions after you post them or something? You get FIVE minutes to cancel the auction... it takes 2 seconds to click the auctions tab.
trolls everywhere

this item was worth 200m. nobody was going to pay that for it, so i would settle for 100m as the lowest amount. then when i saw i somehow made the bid 10m, i was really mad. but after a few mins i thought to myself "well i knew i wanted to use this on my barb if i couldnt sell it, but since someone offered me 60m gold for it, and 60m is better than 0 gold, i guess that will be ok"

to people who think im complaining for getting an item that sold for 60m: you would be mad to if you had an item that sold for 1/2 what you couldve gotten, and 1/4 of its worth. kill more monsters and quit typing on these forums.

how can something be worth 200 mill, but nobody was willing to buy at 100mil?

?????
This is the AH problem. It was only worth that in your opinion.
If no one wants to pay the big $, then its not worth your asking price.

Thats why there are so many repeat auctions for these items.
11/19/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Wolf
Do you people just not check your auctions after you post them or something? You get FIVE minutes to cancel the auction... it takes 2 seconds to click the auctions tab.

This.

Seriously, check the auction tab after posting. I do it every time. It takes a few seconds at most. Quit blaming others for your own laziness.
so basically you're mad primarily mad at blizzard when you should be mad at yourself, you didn't get the 60 million that you were hoping for, and got 2 million less. many of us have never found an item worth more than a few hundred thousand. the economy is completely player driven and largely based on undercuts, be happy you got more than 10 million because you easily could have gotten much less. stop blaming blizzard for this. the one thing i will agree with you about is the need for blizzard to stop auctions during maintenance. but seeing as they don't you should have known in advance it was possible that all transactions would stop for a period of time
Too bad there isn't a cure for stupidity, wait a sec, there is, its called education.
No Vile Ward is worth 120 mil... well at least not these days anyway....maybe a couple of months ago.
Sorry it's your fault. Don't blame anyone else but you.
Oh damn so the item sold for what someone was willing to pay and you made a mistake. Blizzard fail.

Wait...

What's the problem?
11/19/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Gan

This.

Seriously, check the auction tab after posting. I do it every time. It takes a few seconds at most. Quit blaming others for your own laziness.

In his defense (lol at his mistake) you can't see the bid price, only buy out price. So in situations where someone makes a mistake like this, that won't change a thing other than searching for your own item 5 mins later on the AH.
I think its not hard to put a stop on AH when its down,

damn wtf the guy is right, the auction is continuing but no one is ther eto bid it, not fair at all

Should be a Blizzard priority
I don't think those are worth more than 58 million anymore man. I bought some vile wards recently and I paid around 8 million (with the BIN option). My strength was a little less (and not "50 million" less), but that's about it (my vit's higher)--everything else was great (79 resist all)! So I think you got a fair price for them...

Besides it's your fault anyway! If you can't take responsibility for your actions when something is so blatantly your fault, then I don't know what anyone can do for you. Maybe you just came on here to vent? Because this was surely your fault... Is Blizzard supposed to read your mind, know what you "meant" to write, and then auto-correct it?!
PS--with something that valuable, double check it after you enter it! Don't just mash some keys and leave. What's the matter with you, use some common sense!
11/19/2012 09:29 AMPosted by chrisko
also people, where can i see, once the auction has been started, what the min bid was? where it says current bid, it says "no bids" you guys are trolls.

OK, dude, you're right. I neglected the part about the minimum bid. Sorry. I didn't realize it wasn't being shown. I always put a buyout and that's what I always check. Was not my intention to troll. And it is stupid that it doesn't show you the bid or the minimum bid in the auctions tab.
here is the support ticket

1151013656 is the transaction id

the other day i set up an auction for a pair of vile wards at a 100m min bid and a 120m buyout. Apparrently i accidently set them up for a 10m bid, because you don't have commas and it is really confusing sometimes. well it instantly got a bid on it. now this item is worth about 200m, but since the economy is bad no one buys items. so i was lowballing it, and 100m was the minimum i wanted to sell it for, otherwise i would use it on my barbarian. well i was mad when i saw i couldnt cancle the item, but as long as it sold for more than 60m, i wouldve been happy. 60m was my highest ingame offer, but i wanted more. well i logged in this morning to check the status of my auction that was going to end at 10am est, only to find out the auction house had been down for a few hours. so the last person who bid on it was lucky and snagged it for about 58m. i got around 51m of that. i am beyond mad, Im not sure what can be done about this, but this isnt even fair. this is the 2nd time this has happened to me, the first time im pretty sure it was a hack, and you didn't do anything about it, but it was only for a couple mil so i was ok. this one was for probably about 100m. I dont know what can be done to fairly compensate for me, and im sure you will do absolutely nothing, but i just want you to know your game sucks, and you need to fix some serious things.

edit: to clarify some things because i am bad at explaining.

i made a mistake that couldve been easily prevented had blizzard done something about this sooner, then ontop of that the ah crashed, causing me to lose an item that was worth more to me than what i got for it. I value it at 200m, even though i might not ever get that for it. I wouldve sold it for 100m at the lowest, and i got 58m for it after the 15% cut. another point people are missing is that the auction timer should stop when the servers are down, so that stuff like this doesnt happen.

That is 100% ur own fault. Live with your own mistakes instead of blaming everyone else.
All they need to do is add a cancel option... that's not that hard. And if people start getting butt hurt about "I was just about to win this item and then they canceled the auction" Well, too bad they obviously wanted more then you were giving.
First of this no ones fault but yours. accept that and move on..

And for the love of this game put freaking comas in the ah Blizzard it shouldn't be this hard to post an ah
pretty sure when you put it the numbers in the auction house

Minimum Bid: 10000000
Maximum Bid: 200000000

Minimum Bid: 100000000
Maximum Bid: 200000000

Look a whole lot different especially on the auction house.