Blizzard, I'm considering botting

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 26 Next
I believe that it all boils down to why you play this game. The same applies to people who complain about RMAH and 'pay to win' or 'cheat to win'.

1. If you play because you want to beat everyone else in gear, then ya it's hard to complete with people who RMAH or bot lots of gold. It's like real life. If you want to complete with the richest, most people are going to lose. If you have a house, someone will have 2. If your house has a pool, someone will have an indoor lap pool. etc etc The only way to feel satisfaction is to do YOUR best in the situation you are in, to play the hand you're dealt as well as you can. If you don't get good drops as much as others, all you can do is keep trying and maximise the profits on what drops you do get.

2. If you play this game to make money on RMAH, then ya definitely bot like crazy. But you are pretty much breaking all the terms and conditions, so maybe do it quietly. Lol

3. If you play the game because you enjoy the personal challenge of farming and settling up your character and gear arrangement (and it's pretty fun to slaughter monsters too), then everything is fine. Why does it matter if others want to pay to win, or bot, or hack, or scam. You're doing your own thing. If playing 300 hours for 1 upgrade is not fulfilling, it's probably time to change game. How will cheating yourself out of the satisfaction by botting be any better? So your dps is now 400k and you are number one in the world... but you botted all the gold to get there...

I love diablo BECAUSE it is a constant grind! I love killing stuff and you can always improve your gear. Ya the time you spend has to be longer and longer as your gear gets better, but well it's a hobby and I actually like doing it. I think my gear is decent, and I have never used a bot or RMAH. And trust me, I dare say I can very easily afford the best items on a days salary. But where's the satisfaction? It's like you can build your child's school project with him and enjoy the journey, or you can buy the state of the art thing that wins the competition. There are both types of people. You should decide which group you belong to.

I like the guy who made the analogy with the bots being like bank robbers. Ya they make more, but it's illegal. So why would you complain that they make more than you. Of course, you can take up what they do, but then you are selling your own integrity for the purpose of material advancement, and I guess just like in real life, everyone always has that option. But I wonder how often people regret it once they have the rewards... because really then what is there to do, and you no longer have the option to challenge yourself.
and will never get it without using the RMAH

ding ding ding

Now you finally get Blizzard's intended model
it's an obvious answer, blizzard employees are running the bots and profiting
11/19/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Scala
But beyond that, every meaningful upgrade for me is 100+ mil.

Upgrading all the star gems in your armor isn't 100 MM.
I doubt Blizzard is paid out by botters. I believe there must be something behind their lack of success. Seeing the SAME bots (friends) for months after repeated reports isn't good. Either their detection methods are utterly useless, they're lazy/inept or they don't care. I genuinely can't think of any other reasons.
I believe that it all boils down to why you play this game. The same applies to people who complain about RMAH and 'pay to win' or 'cheat to win'.

1. If you play because you want to beat everyone else in gear, then ya it's hard to complete with people who RMAH or bot lots of gold. It's like real life. If you want to complete with the richest, most people are going to lose. If you have a house, someone will have 2. If your house has a pool, someone will have an indoor lap pool. etc etc The only way to feel satisfaction is to do YOUR best in the situation you are in, to play the hand you're dealt as well as you can. If you don't get good drops as much as others, all you can do is keep trying and maximise the profits on what drops you do get.

2. If you play this game to make money on RMAH, then ya definitely bot like crazy. But you are pretty much breaking all the terms and conditions, so maybe do it quietly. Lol

3. If you play the game because you enjoy the personal challenge of farming and settling up your character and gear arrangement (and it's pretty fun to slaughter monsters too), then everything is fine. Why does it matter if others want to pay to win, or bot, or hack, or scam. You're doing your own thing. If playing 300 hours for 1 upgrade is not fulfilling, it's probably time to change game. How will cheating yourself out of the satisfaction by botting be any better? So your dps is now 400k and you are number one in the world... but you botted all the gold to get there...

I love diablo BECAUSE it is a constant grind! I love killing stuff and you can always improve your gear. Ya the time you spend has to be longer and longer as your gear gets better, but well it's a hobby and I actually like doing it. I think my gear is decent, and I have never used a bot or RMAH. And trust me, I dare say I can very easily afford the best items on a days salary. But where's the satisfaction? It's like you can build your child's school project with him and enjoy the journey, or you can buy the state of the art thing that wins the competition. There are both types of people. You should decide which group you belong to.

I like the guy who made the analogy with the bots being like bank robbers. Ya they make more, but it's illegal. So why would you complain that they make more than you. Of course, you can take up what they do, but then you are selling your own integrity for the purpose of material advancement, and I guess just like in real life, everyone always has that option. But I wonder how often people regret it once they have the rewards... because really then what is there to do, and you no longer have the option to challenge yourself.

That's all well and good, but when the game itself encourages botting/pay-to-win by its very design, you have a problem. This has all been said many times, so it's no point us arguing it here.
Guess what,Blizzard doesn't even allow us to report a botter. Check out submit ticket section. What a joke. I'm losing my interest in this game.
Don't do it
Oh gosh, what is taking them so long to do it.
I'm a bot?
But beyond that, every meaningful upgrade for me is 100+ mil.

Upgrading all the star gems in your armor isn't 100 MM.

I said meaningful. While there are certainly lots of ways to upgrade my character, there are very few upgrades that would actually make a significant, noticeable difference. These are basically 100+ mil upgrades.

Besides gems, buying a slightly better this or that is a waste of money. Why? Because the value of that item is just going to tank anyway in a few days after I bought it, so what's the point?

Frankly, if I'm going to spend gold on something, it better be 100+ mil, because at least it might actually maintain its value for longer than 5 days.

As for gems, I'll probably upgrade those last, as these are likely to tank in value again. Why spend the money now when I can likely get them cheaper later.
deear..

That's all well and good, but when the game itself encourages botting/pay-to-win by its very design, you have a problem. This has all been said many times, so it's no point us arguing it here.

OT, but then again even life/this society itself is pay-to-win by design.. You can see how these multi-billionaires bend the law to their will and just sue each other just to have all the $ or kill the competition. So now that we know that it happens in real life why are we all that surprised, when we're playing a game with a real money stuff baked right in in the first place.

Guess it just boils down to one's morality/integrity. Best thing to do is don't get yourself attached 100% to this game, get other things to do and soon you'll stop fawning all over botters and cheaters that just wouldn't disappear. You'll then play for fun.
Hi Blizzard,

I'm considering starting a bot.

Hey ya,

Good luck.
I agree.
They do not ban people. It seems they cant even detect that another process is reading Diablo 3 memory space.
I hope they find a way of doing it (google it!!!)
And when they do, if they ban people from their past behavior, half the community will be banned.
The site selling bots is making a large amount of money nowadays.
I agree.
They do not ban people. It seems they cant even detect that another process is reading Diablo 3 memory space.
I hope they find a way of doing it (google it!!!)
And when they do, if they ban people from their past behavior, half the community will be banned.
The site selling bots is making a large amount of money nowadays.

They do detect programs interacting with d3, but the bots have found ways to send signals that the game would send, thus blizzard servers cannot tell the difference between the actual game and the bot now.
It's an online game and there is no way to stop anyone using bots/cheats completely. Blizzard doing their job already and even their programmers think of something to block the botting software, there will be another new version coming out the next day .... Not only to D3, but all other online games as well bro .... If you decide to be one of them, you just take ur own risk to be one of them on the ban list
11/20/2012 12:47 AMPosted by bSNeXxT
It's an online game and there is no way to stop anyone using bots/cheats completely. Blizzard doing their job already and even their programmers think of something to block the botting software, there will be another new version coming out the next day .... Not only to D3, but all other online games as well bro .... If you decide to be one of them, you just take ur own risk to be one of them on the ban list

As many people have stated, blizzard is NOT doing their job to the fullest potential. Yes, they ban a small % of botters every few months, but it's only a small fraction and the bans don't come frequently enough at all. Seriously, a massive % of the player base is botting. They need to get out the ban hammer and ban all of them, and do it every day.