Name next upgrade for WD above you

Witch Doctor
Prev 1 12 13 14 26 Next
@ pBeybq

You could use some more defensive stats on some of your gear. Overall fantastic set up. Any upgrade is going to be 200mil+. Trifecta gloves maybe? Also, your fetch... !@#$%^. If you ever want to get rid of it, hit me up and we will work something out. :P

Someone do me, but DO NOT MIND THE GEMS! I am going to upgrade them, I just haven't had the gold to invest in them yet.
@Megorix: Just like you said, upgrade your gems. I don't think there's any cheap upgrade you could go for, but I think next ones would probably be CC on Zuni's Pox and a Trifecta gloves. Can int roll on Inna's Pants?

How is that build working? I tried WoS with a 2hand: big crits but too slow.

Someone check mine, please! :P
@ GRGG

Crit on helm and try for crit chance and crit damage on gloves.
To answer your question, my build works fantastic. MP7+ is pretty easy. My build allows for bearspam/kiting/survive. My WoS hit very hard, especially on elites. 1.4 Million + 350k or more x3 from the "well" if everything crits. Mana is a non-issue.

Best thing about it is the different ways I have to deal with different packs. I am not limited to just one playstyle. If I need to kite, I can do that extremely efficiently. If I don't have to kite, I can play extremely "in your face" with bears. I group often, and my build is great for grouping as well.
Can someone comment on my build and gear. I gave my opinion on others last page and then got skipped when it comes to my upgrades.
11/30/2012 06:59 AMPosted by OverlordEvan
Can someone comment on my build and gear. I gave my opinion on others last page and then got skipped when it comes to my upgrades.

nice char, the 67% life is pretty cool :P as far as the build goes if you want to do the highest mp's i'd get away from pets and learn to micro yourself a bit better. pets really impede the process as far as i'm concerned as they don't live through the biggest and most fun fights in the game (boss fights, most elite packs, etc) - unless your a bomb dog build (you aren't) i'd just leave the pets on the sidelines and take better skills like horrify/FA.

also if you find yourself running OOM run plague of toads and rework your build a bit, as toads w/ the sky rune is basically a baby acid cloud. i'm experimenting with different autoattacks now and i find that splinters is actually quite fun to "pick" off rogue mobs or deal with annoying reflect packs.

for reflect in general, horrify/FA is the single best skill we have besides spirit walk to deal with them.
11/30/2012 07:04 AMPosted by lameboi

nice char, the 67% life is pretty cool :P as far as the build goes if you want to do the highest mp's i'd get away from pets and learn to micro yourself a bit better. pets really impede the process as far as i'm concerned as they don't live through the biggest and most fun fights in the game (boss fights, most elite packs, etc) - unless your a bomb dog build (you aren't) i'd just leave the pets on the sidelines and take better skills like horrify/FA.

also if you find yourself running OOM run plague of toads and rework your build a bit, as toads w/ the sky rune is basically a baby acid cloud. i'm experimenting with different autoattacks now and i find that splinters is actually quite fun to "pick" off rogue mobs or deal with annoying reflect packs.

for reflect in general, horrify/FA is the single best skill we have besides spirit walk to deal with them.

What do you mean by micro?

I am fine removing the dogs but I like having a garg. You think Horrify is the best thing to replace dogs with?

As far as items what do you think is the next thing i should upgrade?
I would like to comment on the guys above me - lamboi and OverLordEvan. But Im in no position to do so as I am new to the class. Just finished inferno this morning and would like to hear comments about my gears.

Also, what build works well in high MPs? Can my gear handle high MPs or do I need to fix it. I think the stats on my profile dont really reflect the current stats that I do have.
@OverlordEvan

You're starting to get into the margins where it's hard to find good upgrades. Having said that though ....

I would definitely either upgrade your boots or pants next. With the boots, you should be able to get more vit + int without sacrificing anything (look at my boots, for example). With the pants, unless you're married to the IAS from Innas, I would go with something like Blackthorne's (although you're not a LoH centered build) or another legendary with more int + vit.

With your %Life stats, every point of vit you can squeeze in is going to give you huge returns on your health.

Also, your ammy is something that you should be thinking about down the road. You might be able to find one with a smaller %life but with lots of int + CC +CD

Hope this helps.
I was skipped. As much as I would like, I cant comment on jjc16 though, as I am new in this class. I just finished Inferno this morning.
@saffron- you seem to have a pretty well balanced WD. You have nice vit and AR. One thing I notice at higher MPs is reflect damage is my hardest thing. You have life steal so you should be fine. IMO you should get a hellfire ring. Also at higher MPs mana seems to be a small problem. I know AS makes my dps higher but i do less damage in the long run because im out of mana quicker. If you're not gonna get a hellfire ring, look into getting a ring with int, CC, CD, ave dam, (then AR, VIT, AS)

@jjc16- you're at the point where upgrades are gonna be expensive as well. first, your rings could use more CC-CD, and your lacuni's could use CC.
@lameboi- your char is pretty tight. hahaha, but honestly, i think the best thing (and probably most expensive...) is get a new 1h weapon. What you have now is VERY nice, but with zuni boots and tal ammy (+7% psn dam, +6% holy dam) these do better with black damage, damage not due to elemental (225-592 poison damage). But you're definitely doing fine without it hahahahaha. hope this helps a little bit
I would like to comment on the guys above me - lamboi and OverLordEvan. But Im in no position to do so as I am new to the class. Just finished inferno this morning and would like to hear comments about my gears.

Also, what build works well in high MPs? Can my gear handle high MPs or do I need to fix it. I think the stats on my profile dont really reflect the current stats that I do have.

@ saffron
your gear is fine. you should easily be able to get to mp5 and do well with your dps, just make sure you use the right passives to allow you to regen mana quickly. at that dps level i'd use the passives i'm using, with spirit walk honored guest. i use my exact setup in mp10 and do quite well there. you're defintely upgrading on the right path, nice manajuma's also. you could upgrade your totd, but if you're running angry chicken chances are you're just messing around in lower mps currently. tbh if you run spirit walk / jaunt + horrify stalker you don't have to use angry chicken and you'll move around quite nice. use spirit vessel + GI and your cooldowns will be none existent in low mps so you'll always be moving around.

i'm quite new to the class also, i just have done quite a bit of research on it before i geared it up (had a nice couple sales and got a few zuni pieces to drop so i researched then rolled a WD). turns out this is my favourite class overall now ;) good luck and enjoy your WD!

also, like everyone says, the best upgrade for most of us would be a black weapon, but until i find a perfect dropped black weapon, i'm not spending anymore gold or even peeping the auction house, unless they introduce better content and there's a reason for me to, that is.
Thanks GICYUNVMe and lamboi! Good luck to you as well!
@white- nice doc. i see you went the skorn route ;) i have one i use from my barb (no int, but meh its just if i run into horde/minion reflect packs) that saves my !@# every now and then in high mps.
@lameboi

I would take a look at your ring slots. Consider SoJ and/or Litany of the Undaunted.
@BigRed. Nice gears, man. :) The only thing I can think of that would be a major upgrade for you would be a nice LS Skorn; I think that you would get better survivability with that, considering that you use the ubiquitous bears, than you do all your obscene LoH.

I know I have quite a ways to go, gearing up. :( I just cannot get that big ticket item to drop so that I have the gold to do so LOL.
@Desponyd

That ring... Rugged Link. Trashy. You have way too little resists(although I suspect you have a lot of armor) Ring, Shoulders, Belt, chest. I think you could find upgrades for these fairly cheap.

I love your ammy though.
@Ctwit

I would say look for some zuni boots just for that extra mana regen from the set bonus
@Higgins

A socketed mana knife or witching hour belt with some CD