Electrify Magic Weapon & CM/WW

Wizard
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
Are you guys sure there is no LOH-proc on Electrify? I have a feeling that everything works even smoother now and RD is no problem at all.
Even when I progress to higher MP, I die only to some Fallen Maniacs every now and then even.

Anyway, great work, thank you for publishing it.
11/20/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Loroese
Here's what I hope to be some easy to follow math on electrify. The gist of the math is Electrify rune should add about 20% dps tops, at 4+ mobs.

I'm getting much bigger numbers than that in game. Let's guesstimate a bit...

In a 4 target situation...

Using my old excel sheet to balance my current stats single target(ghom) vs my personal in game testing and stealing your Shocking Aspect WW coeff....

I get a normalization of 1653% weapon damage per second at full wind up. This equates to roughly 8.2x sheet dps in game (real testing)

If I use that ratio....

58% Crit Chance
3.01 APS

1 Target

13.398 Wicked Winds Stack (2.233 per second)
CM procs 6.925 times a second

Nova Casts 0.777 times a second
CR is Cast 1.554 times a second
Shards is Cast 0.622 times a second

Shocking Aspect Procs 14.527 times a second

Electrify Triggers 0 Times

1654% Weapon damage dealt per second.

2 Targets

10.597 Twisters Stacked (1.766 per Second)
CM Procs 11.686 times a second

Nova Cast 1.244 times a second
CR Cast 2.488 times a second
Shards Cast 0.995 times a second

Shocking Aspect Triggers 23.7 times a second

Electrify procs 19.32 times a second for 1 zap

2207.75% weapon damage + 193.2% weapon damage from electrify = 8.75% extra dps from electrify during 2 target situations

MW increases 'base' dps by 10% as well. So its really 110% * 108.87% = 19.625% increase from baseline (teleport SNS)

3 Targets

8.55 Twisters Staced (1.425 aps)
CM Procs 15.16 times a second

Nova Cast 1.58 times a second
CR Cast 3.169 times a second
Shards Cast 1.267 times a second

Shocking Aspect Triggers 29.7 times a second

Electrify Procs 24.55 times for 2 zaps each

2587.6% weapon damage plus 491.04% from electrify is 18.98% extra dps.

110% * 118.98% = 30.88% increase from baseline

4 Targets

7.000 twisters stacked (1.167 aps)
17.8 CM procs a second

Nova Casts 1.843 times a second
CR Cast 3.687 times a second
Shards Cast 1.475 times a second

Shocking Aspect Triggers 33.7 times a second

Electrify Triggers 28.25 times a second for 3 zaps each

2855.65% weapon damage plus 847.36 % from electrify is 29.67% extra dps

110% * 129.67% = 42.6% increase from baseline

How valuable are these? Well not really that much cause this is assuming 0.000s between the time a spell is ready to cast and the time you cast it. Therefore the 3 and 4 target situations are way outta wack cause there's no way to physically cast 3.7 chain reactions a second.

BUT....

Those sources of error work in electrifies favor.

1) Response time of casting Nova. If you fail to cast nova as fast as estimated above, you will instead cast wicked wind. Wicked wind procs electrify passively, so more WW and less nova = more DPS from electrify.

2) Failing to cast EB and/or shards as fast as estimated will result in lower DPS from sources other than electrify, thus increasing the ratio of damage boosted from electrify from basic SNS.

Meaning in 4 target situations electrify likely does FAR more than just 42% more dps. This jives with in game scenarios as well where I'm seeing large packs die AT LEAST twice as fast as normal (170k dps SNS, vs 191k buffed electrify).
Thank you for sharing! I was wanting to make a raiden-like Wizard and this sure fits the bill.

I am only on MP2 and struggling to survive (solo) with this spec. My hp is not properly reflected on armory ~ 34k, but perhaps my LoH + RA is not high enough given my dps? *(main difference being new weapon not on armory that has more crit damage + socket and boots/ring having a bit more vit/ra to try and help)*

I'm broke (blew it all on DH), but what can I do to improve this approach while having a very lightning heavy build?

*Also on an unrelated note I played a multiplayer game where another wizard was casting what looked like a green Disintegrate. Am I totally overlooking what rune/legendary that is or were my graphics bugged again (I see some anomalies sometimes on this gtx470)?

Thanks again, this is a cool build. Just trying to catch up to those with more experience.
Thank you Shandlar for another great contribution! Can't wait to try this at home.
I'm trying to think of a cool nickname.

Electro-ShockNadoShards?

ESNS for short?

Eh, I'll defer to Shandlar since he discovered this.
11/20/2012 06:11 PMPosted by Strax
*Also on an unrelated note I played a multiplayer game where another wizard was casting what looked like a green Disintegrate. Am I totally overlooking what rune/legendary that is or were my graphics bugged again (I see some anomalies sometimes on this gtx470)?

That would be the pure power rune for archon.
Are you guys sure there is no LOH-proc on Electrify? I have a feeling that everything works even smoother now and RD is no problem at all.
Even when I progress to higher MP, I die only to some Fallen Maniacs every now and then even.

Anyway, great work, thank you for publishing it.

just the opposite i dont think it procs loh at all unfortunate.

like i died to a reflect electric and i never die to them.

I applied full 123 on them and health just drained slowly vs b4 never drops.
I completely agree with shandlar on this... WOW. I am clearing mp10 fields and it feels like mp8.
A monk I usually play with decided to try crown/k2/fields and i was VERY surprised as how fast mobs melted. All we did is drag the elites with us and with his vortex it was butter. It only avg .5m/m xp but I was only using ring, no gem, and we killed every elite pack.

- after 2 runs at mp10 I would say as long as you have 4 mobs you are doing a tonn more dps and it becomes an easy trade for tele.

-When i clicked off MW when in a pack the dps decrease was INSTANTLY noticable.
Its pretty awesome no doubt, but brings me back to the same dilemma I had with Meteor. Its just too great a sacrifice losing Teleport. And when you start getting to over 150k dps white mobs melt already, even in MP10.

I want to find something that lets me kill gold Elites quicker without sacrificing Teleport.

It's a great addition to our arsenal and would benifit lower dps CM's who want to progress to a higher MP or a CM in group play.
Its pretty awesome no doubt, but brings me back to the same dilemma I had with Meteor. Its just too great a sacrifice losing Teleport. And when you start getting to over 150k dps white mobs melt already, even in MP10.

I want to find something that lets me kill gold Elites quicker without sacrificing Teleport.

It's a great addition to our arsenal and would benifit lower dps CM's who want to progress to a higher MP or a CM in group play.

this is why I run witha monk.... his single target dps is insane and his dmg buffs are amazing. Also I do beleive it helps with elite packs.... all you have to do is drag them with you to the next set of white mobs. At one point we had a set of blues and two yellows before we stopped to finish them off
11/20/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Shandlar
Here's what I hope to be some easy to follow math on electrify. The gist of the math is Electrify rune should add about 20% dps tops, at 4+ mobs.

I'm getting much bigger numbers than that in game. Let's guesstimate a bit...

*long maths that I don't quite get*

Ok I will just agree with you, MW is awesome :D
Tried this out (w/ SNS) on MP8 and while I die too much with my part-time CM gear, the benefit was very obvious. I always knew Electrify had potential, but wow. Great work as always, Shandlar.

As an aside, - believe it or not - both Electrify and Shocking Aspect proc decently on Archon as well. Obviously the benefit isn't nearly as great as with CM, but it's definitely there.
@Shandlar 2 things. First, if you don't mind, what are the circumstances for your 8x+ modifier? I'm trying to get the results in my simulator but I'm capping out around 7x, unless I use Slow Time. I'm assuming you used full SNS spec with Bone Chill and Evocation. Was that single target?

Second, regarding your calculations above, the numbers look pretty good, and the differences from those and mine is I neglected CR, FN, and DS procs, which makes more difference with more targets, especially since DS is free dps. However, I can't actually replicate your calculated procs per second for Electrify. In fact, I'm getting slightly higher procs than you.

For 2 targets
10.597*40/6/8*2+1.244/6*2+3*2.488/9*2+0.995/6*2 = 20.067 procs

For 3
8.55*40/6/8*3+1.58/6*3+3.169/3*3+1.267/6*3 = 25.9675

For 4
(7*40/6/8+1.843/6+3.687/3+1.475/6)*4 = 30.4613

It doesn't really matter much, since the point is an approximation of extra damage gained, and I think the results are reasonable. Now to go test it myself just to see...
Tried this out (w/ SNS) on MP8 and while I die too much with my part-time CM gear, the benefit was very obvious. I always knew Electrify had potential, but wow. Great work as always, Shandlar.

As an aside, - believe it or not - both Electrify and Shocking Aspect proc decently on Archon as well. Obviously the benefit isn't nearly as great as with CM, but it's definitely there.

On second look, it appears that Shocking Aspect procs with all Archon abilities, but Electrify (as well as Venom) are still suffering from the same bug(?) that previously prevented channeled abilities from working with Blood Magic.

Doesn't look like it's proc'ing with WW either, so I'm assuming the benefit for SNS is coming from procs off of Shards and Chain Reaction.
Tried yesterday, using Spectral Blades.

It is insane. The more monsters the better. MP10 is quick, I'll use it for MP10 farming.

Yes it is not good for fights with just 1 or 2 enemies. But it's really best for melting a lot of whites. Good find.
@Shandlar 2 things. First, if you don't mind, what are the circumstances for your 8x+ modifier? I'm trying to get the results in my simulator but I'm capping out around 7x, unless I use Slow Time. I'm assuming you used full SNS spec with Bone Chill and Evocation. Was that single target?

When I was testing electrify...

MP10 Ghom

190.7k dps
58.0% CC
3.01 Aps
+4% Elites

84 seconds (137.8 / 0.1907 / 84 / 1.04) = 8.26x paper

MP10 Ghom

173.3k dps
58.0% CC
3.01 Aps
+4% Elites

92 seconds (137.7 / 0.1733 / 92 / 1.04) = 8.31x paper

Skills as listed in profile
Thanks Shand, works awesome on my XP run build

I did some uber runs tonight with a friend, and sub'd elec for tele, kept SNS the same, worked pretty good.
OMG guys what are you doing

RULE#1: DONT TALK ABOUT WIZARD BUILDS
^^^ the wizard club thing is old.

On topic, im liking this electrify thing, i need to do more testing to form a proper opinion though. Torn between this and Meteor spec ><