3rd party program question

General Discussion
11/27/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Vaeflare
Regardless of what modes you intend to play -- if you enjoy solo-play or playing with friends -- third-party software of any kind is not permitted in conjunction with Diablo III. I would highly suggest you check out [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7810825/Diablo_III_Players_Banned-11_8_2012"]this recent blog post[/url] for further information.

I did use Xpadder for a while, finished the game with a Barbarian using a gamepad only, that was when a console version was still in talks.

But if Xpadder is illegal so is the software that comes with a gaming mouse.
i hate cheaters too, but now zooming out is considered illegal?
i mean, you don't get alot of range in this game to begin with...

You get enough range, except if you 4:3. Game devs always zoom in too much for 4:3

The problem when you zoom out as you can see in D2 with the high rez mod is aggro ranges. Can literally just avoid mobs, but since this isn't 1.0.3 who avoids mobs?

Would be a problem in pvp though, but there is no pvp yet...They just planing ahead I guess.
I do not mean to Necro this thread.
However, why is multiboxing allowed in World of Warcraft but not Diablo 3?

I know its allowed in WoW because I had numerous conversations with GM's on whether or not it is allowed. (and it WAS)

Not to mention that a friend of mine had contacted customer support, and was told that multiboxing was allowed in Diablo 3..

Quoted from my Blizzard support tickets
This is the latest response from Customer Support: Greetings, While I cannot speak to the specific program ISBoxer, I can asay that Blizzard does allow for Multiboxing. Thhe normal game rules still apply and automated software is still against the rules, but Macros and Key Bindings are not always. As far as how many characters you are alloweed to play at once? You can play as many as you can pay for and use without using any automation software. I know of a guy that does 10 man raids by himself using about 8 different systems and various macros and key bindings. Blizzard is completely OK with this as long as our other rules are not being broken. Austin C. Account & Technical Services Blizzard Entertainment"

And this was their response to Loot Alert:
"This is the latest response from Customer Support: Greetings! Thank you for taking the time to contact Blizzard Entertainment Customer Support. As long as it isn't an automated software, you should be okay. If though it is, I recommend not using it. If you have any further issues, feel free to contact us again! I hope you have a good day! =) Regards, Game Master Nalimua Customer Services Blizzard Entertainment battle.net/support​
The "always online" thing was an absolutely terrible idea. It doesn't stop botting, but it does punish legitimate players when Blizzard's servers go down (either because of an issue or for maintenance) or when you don't have internet and just want to play.

It didn't even slow down pirates. They had a crack up for d3 with instructions on how to clone a private server within hours of launch.

Once again, bots and pirates win, and legitimate players lose. I'm tired of getting a worse product just so you can fail at combating pirates and botters.
12/05/2012 08:47 AMPosted by Techies
11/27/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Vaeflare
Regardless of what modes you intend to play -- if you enjoy solo-play or playing with friends -- third-party software of any kind is not permitted in conjunction with Diablo III. I would highly suggest you check out [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7810825/Diablo_III_Players_Banned-11_8_2012"]this recent blog post[/url] for further information.

I did use Xpadder for a while, finished the game with a Barbarian using a gamepad only, that was when a console version was still in talks.

But if Xpadder is illegal so is the software that comes with a gaming mouse.

I dont know if Xpadder is illegal or not but i think it should be a third-party software but it only interfears whit the controls not anything else so by mine choice Xpadder should be allowed bcz some games have a better felling when played whit a joystick.

And i have a question myself are some programs like lets say Raptr or OverWolf allowed while playing diablo ?
Please don't necro. Mmkthnx