Most Hateful Community

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Of all the games I have played in the last 15 years, and the different gaming communities that come with each game, why is D3 seem to be the most hateful of all them. Is it because of a younger group of people? I once played a game called StarSeige, great game.

There was a young girl Called Stonny Bunny, she was 16 and died from a Drunk drinver accident. The whole Starseige community came together to support her family. Big posters of as many players as all of us sent pics in of our selves and a gaming memorial was setup in her name.

I just have never seen such bitterness, hate and down right vindictiveness of people in all the games I have played. I know some forums wouldn't even tolerate some of the responses I have seen on these forums. Some poor sap posts a situation and looking for a little support from his community and he gets mauled to death by wolves. Its sad really.
I blame Blizzard's poor moderation.

When people willingly and proudly admit that they haven't played the game in 5 months and have no intentions of playing ever again their forum account should be suspended. Their input is simply not valuable.
Of all the games I have played in the last 30 years, and the different gaming communities that come with each game, why is D3 seem to be the most hateful of all them

truth..
yes, d2, d3 and d2jsp has the most poisonous and evil community I have ever seen.
pvp would fix this, it really would.
Agreed. Its this way even in chat. Post a price check on something and if its not godly get ready for its crap or what not. Instead of being helpful people want to constantly elevate themselves at the expense of others.

I used to play a game call Ultima Online. Somewhat similar to Diablo. People were so nice and helpful. People would craft things for free. And it rubbed off, when I was the level I could help I would help people kill dragons and craft things for free. Instead of a common sense of objective here its just a huge ego hole.
the RMAH has turned most players into capitalist wolves

it's a dog eats dog world out there

take care!
You got the words outta my mind man. It seems like there's just a bunch of kids who cannot appreciate the game and can only complain and hate all the time.
Haters gonna hate, barbarians gonna rotate.
11/29/2012 05:40 AMPosted by nawKOwt
You got the words outta my mind man. It seems like there's just a bunch of kids who cannot appreciate the game and can only complain and hate all the time.

In fairness, some of the complaints are warranted and make a better game in the long run. The issue comes when people can't just say what they need to say and move on. They feel the need to stay around and berate people who enjoy the game. The sad part is that Blizzard stands idly by and allows their fans to be harassed at the hands of these people.
Posted by PantlessKrab

When people willingly and proudly admit that they haven't played the game in 5 months and have no intentions of playing ever again their forum account should be suspended. Their input is simply not valuable.

The irony...

-----------------------------------------------------------

I disagree with you OP. I think the problem lies not with Diablo or Blizzard but with internet in general. Without going too in depth about the negative impact of internet personas, suffice to say this is what happens when you remove a large portion of responsibility from socializing. If i were to make a guess, i would say most of the more vocal individuals here are in fact introverts in real life.

Blizzard allows a comparatively larger amount of freedom for voicing opinions, that i do not dispute. However they do not control the flow of the discussion. Even issues such as the quality of the game, while often being the catalyst for disagreements, cannot be attributed as the main factor because one can never truly please everyone.

EDIT: No, the problem goes further than this community.

... and then there are those blinded by their gluttonous ego.
I have to say it's got better lately. Since 1.04 & 1.05 it's calmed down a little imo..
Loot system makes it this way. You have people who are unlucky and angry with bad drops, then you have the RMAH profiteers, then you have those people who got lucky with a drop or 2, got rich and are now reaping the benefits.
That's what you get for looking at Diablo 2 much. lol j/k

Smart usually accompany with cocky. If we can loose the cockiness, we'll be the brightest gaming community.
Posted by PantlessKrab

The irony...

I disagree with you OP. I think the problem lies not with Diablo or Blizzard but with internet in general. Without going too in depth about the negative impact of internet personas, suffice to say this is what happens when you remove a large portion of responsibility from socializing. If i were to make a guess, i would say most of the more vocal individuals here are in fact introverts in real life.

Blizzard allows a comparatively larger amount of freedom for voicing opinions, that i do not dispute. However they do not control the flow of the discussion. Even issues such as the quality of the game, while often being the catalyst for disagreements, cannot be attributed as the main factor because one can never truly please everyone.

with only 6k elite kills, you cannot adequately attest to the game's current societal norms.

it is normal to have more scammers in a trade channel than legit players.

it is normal to rip people off, and is encouraged as "good trade".

scammers are never punished by blizzard.

i guess these above facts make me a thin skinned introverted wimpo irl.
I mean, I've seen some games where players won't donate 20k gold to help a guy repair.

The irony...

with only 6k elite kills, you cannot adequately attest to the game's current societal norms.

it is normal to have more scammers in a trade channel than legit players.

it is normal to rip people off, and is encouraged as "good trade".

scammers are never punished by blizzard.

i guess these above facts make me a thin skinned introverted wimpo irl.

No... i never mentioned thin skinned and wimpo.

Joking aside. I will ignore your comment about my qualifications because what i lack in testicular girth i make up for with logical reasoning. The examples you bought up are examples of dishonesty and greed, not hatred per say.

What you fail to comprehend is i am not addressing the games norms. I am attesting to the behavior of the individuals on the forum (as per WolfMonger's request).

But of course, you are free to claim otherwise, as you are free to claim offense. Proceed.
/vouch.

The forum is poison. Pure bile in 2/3 of all posts. I'm not sure if it is the inertia, or if it is the community.

That said, I remember being banned for 3 days for posting something that would barely be considered anti-Blizzard. That strategy didn't work for Blizz, and make things even worse. I assume that the pendulum swung the other way, and Blizz now lets the forum run wild. Hence what you have here.

'Course it also doesn't help when Blizz ACTUALLY delivers a game in design for 15 years that effectively works as if it is in beta. The game at delivery blew. Still 'kinda blows.

I don't know. A lot of hurt feelings on D3. On both sides. Guess we are stuck in the middle.
11/29/2012 05:44 AMPosted by prankmaster
Haters gonna hate, barbarians gonna rotate.
community issues due in part to high expectations, but also those who shrill the loudest get the most attention. Lots of people lurk but don't comment because the shrill trolls will try twist it into an e-peen contest. Better things to do.