drop rate decreased?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 14 Next
12/03/2012 07:35 PMPosted by queenofbabes
People seem to have no concept of statistics. Don't cry after 10 runs. Don't cry after 50 runs. Do at least 1000. Then come back and talk about statistics or rigged drop rates.

Depends on your sample size. Why not say do at least 1,000,000 runs (see how I used Commas - note to Blizzard Commas in the AH!).

Since patch 1.0.6 did not change any of the drop rates I would say what you are experiencing is, unfortunately, simply a bad luck streak. :( I know it can be hard to believe after a very long run of previously great luck, but we truly didn’t lower the drop rates of Legendary items.

That said, our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/"]Bug Report[/url] forum would be a great place to post about those invisible monster attacks.

Please nerf the drop rate.... Because of drop rate increase so much... items are hard to sell now and D3 market is f up now.
I was averaging over 1 per 25 min act3 run before 1.06. Now i go several runs without finding any. I keep a notebook with all the legendaries I find along with where and from what type of monster/goblin/chest. I have to say that the last week looks pretty barren. I can't say myself that I think that drop rates where changed as of yet. Right now without more testing I have to call it bad RNG. It will require many many more runs of testing.
I see no change other then the increase of whiners here. I run with MP2 and with 5 stack of NV I have 254MF with my Barb and got one legendary in a 1/2 hr. Then I started up my Monk and max out at 425MF and got one legendary within 10min. All this on just a key hunt in Oasis. And now I'm going on another run and find me some more legendary items and keys. I'll be sure to come back and rub it in. lol
plvl from 42 to 43. 0 Legendaries.

Let's see if I can beat that record today when I attempt to lvl to 44.
I'm not normally one to wine about drop rates. I've had very good luck with legendaries since 1.04 when I put together a decent DPS build with maxed MF. In 1.04 I would rarely go more than 2 or 3 runs finding a legendary or set item. As soon as 1.05 hit I started running MP5 with at 500MF and I almost never had a key run where I didn't pick up at least one or two legendaries.

My luck definitely changed for the worse this week. I had 3 days in a row with nothing (2 to 4 runs per night). After spending over 5 hours on Sunday I finally got one legendary to drop (a crappy windforce) before I quit for the night.

I'd probably just look right past this, but since the patch last week I've seen close to 20 elite groups drop nothing but blues with 500% MF and 5 stacks. I don't ever remember that happening even once before, going back to last May.

It could just be bad luck, but seeing elite groups drop nothing but blues with full NV stacks and 500MF makes me think something went wrong with the last patch.
Drop rate is no problem for me.
But I think the problem is a lot of garbage legendary items.
so D3 is treasure hunting game but treasure hunting is very very boring for me.
and 1.0.6 patch gave me disappointment.
I found a legendary the third mob into my first run today.

OMG DROP RATES WERE BUFFED SIGNIFICANTLY! THANK YOU BLIZZARD, OMG!

Am I doing it right?

Also,
Since patch 1.0.6 did not change any of the drop rates I would say what you are experiencing is, unfortunately, simply a bad luck streak. :( I know it can be hard to believe after a very long run of previously great luck, but we truly didn’t lower the drop rates of Legendary items.

Well that would be understandable but how is it when it seems one person is all of a sudden on a so called bad luck streak. 15+ other people just went on a bad luck streak too? No they was stealth nerfed end of story in the future just mention things when you do it you can't tweak the drop rate and expect it not to be noticeable but fact is when enough people come forward and notice it too its clear something is up. Also I find it funny how I seem to notice things not seeming even remotely close to how the drops where when 1.0.5 first came out and come on here to find several post on forums asking if drops where nerfed. A bad luck streak don't just add up.

I lol'd pretty hard.

I'd probably just look right past this, but since the patch last week I've seen close to 20 elite groups drop nothing but blues with 500% MF and 5 stacks. I don't ever remember that happening even once before, going back to last May.

It could just be bad luck, but seeing elite groups drop nothing but blues with full NV stacks and 500MF makes me think something went wrong with the last patch.

Pretty hard to have happen when a guaranteed rare drop is coded into the drop rates when you have a five stack. I have always seen a rare drop every elite kill with five stacks ever since it's inception.

You were drunk, falling asleep or dreaming when you "noticed" this.
Im guessing theres a reason there will never be a stat that shows legendary drops

Pretty hard to have happen when a guaranteed rare drop is coded into the drop rates when you have a five stack. I have always seen a rare drop every elite kill with five stacks ever since it's inception.

I understand how it is supposed to work. Up until last week I've never seen this happen. I did one act 2 run and one act 3 run tonight and came across 2 more elite groups with 5 stacks that didn't drop a rare.

Perhaps it's just my account, but it is happening now where it has never happened before. This has also been brought up by other people on the thread.

Kind of wish I was drinking tonight, as bad as things have been on here lately. :)

I understand how it is supposed to work. Up until last week I've never seen this happen. I did one act 2 run and one act 3 run tonight and came across 2 more elite groups with 5 stacks that didn't drop a rare.

Perhaps it's just my account, but it is happening now where it has never happened before. This has also been brought up by other people on the thread.

Kind of wish I was drinking tonight, as bad as things have been on here lately. :)

Are you sure it was an elite (blue/gold) group and not a 'purple' mob?
WE ARE BACK TO 1.04 DROP RATES!

I got 2 legendary items in past 10 runs. 1 run of 6MP and 0MP the rest. LV58 Should and LV 62 "DAWN" LOL

Back in the old days 1.04 I get 2 Legendary per day and one set every 2 days.

I'm not playing anymore because of their carelessness, not coming back until blz goes back, check the code and do a Hotfix.

P.S. I'm at PLV100 now, more MF than when I was 1.04
since the patch last week I've seen close to 20 elite groups drop nothing but blues with 500% MF and 5 stacks. I don't ever remember that happening even once before, going back to last May.

Are you crazy?? Before i even get a 5 stack I play on MP2 with just 147MF on my Barb to start and see at least one rare on my first elite every time.

Are you sure it was an elite (blue/gold) group and not a 'purple' mob?

I could see possibly making that mistake on the first one I noticed tonight. But the second time it happened I was in the oasis and had a group of three elites and a single purple on the screen at the same time. I killed all four and only had blues drop.

Are you crazy?? Before i even get a 5 stack I play on MP2 with just 147MF on my Barb to start and see at least one rare on my first elite every time.

I agree with your comments, and before last week that was my experience as well. Ever since I started playing MP5 at full MF I can't remember too many times where rares don't drop on the first elite group that I kill. It wasn't uncommon for me to hit a large white mob out on the field in act 3 and not have 3 or 4 rares drop.

That has definitely changed for me this week. Now it seems to be 50/50 that I'll see a rare drop on the first elite group I kill and it is very common for me to have to get 2 or 3 stacks before I see rares start dropping.

Like I said earlier, the drops are random and I could just be going through an extended dry spell, but from my point of view it all started after the patch last week.
yep all the wortless legen still drop like candy, basicly my char fart out legen all day long to bad they all wortless.
great work blizz of f...king up a nice game