Dualwield dead? Bring your ideas. Blizzard?

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 6 7 8 11 Next
Also the Danetta's set could use a buff as well. I have found that the LOH on the revenge works very well and i like the exttra discipline on the spite, but the overall damage you can get from them is quite low compared to the calamity+DML or manticore+DML.

This could be partly offset by increasing the increased damage against elites. It is currently at +3% which at 200k dps works out to be an increase of 6k dps which is virtually nothing. If this was buffed to 10-15% increased damage to elites it would give many Dual Wielders added incentive to use the danetta set instead of the calamity and spite which gives us the highest dps.
guys,

go on the PTR

Put a marqi ruby on your right hand

Put a marqi emerald on your offhand hand

/buffed
guys,

go on the PTR

/buffed

^
I still use dual wield regardless, since well... Aesthetics > Stats.

guys,

go on the PTR

/buffed

^

Yeah and it will only cost us 100 mil
Maybe someone should post this thread and suggestions into PTR thread so they can maybe see it and implement sonething to test in ptr

I woul do it but I'm posting from my phone, would take forever lol
Bump for someone to please make a thread on this in PTR feedback. Hopefully we can bring it to a blues attention and get something done to buff it. I'm on my phone and gathering all the info and suggestions is a lot of work to type up from a phone lol.

Also I don't think I am best qualified to bring up the exact whys dual wielding is under powered.

I think the DH community and dual wielders would greatly appreciate it if someone could make a thread or us where we could bring up the issues and provide feedback and ideas for a possible adjustment in PTR before 1.07 hits. Now is our chance.
Hello fellow DH, i got around to making the thread about Dual Wielding and its issues, would love to have some people post up their ideas on how to fix it and what they think is wrong with it.

Some much needed feedback about the issue would be great in there so we can hopefully get the issue brought up to a Blue to go report back.

Heres the link and feel free to drop a dime in there

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7708992216#1

Thanks
wheres all the DH from this thread hiding? lol help add to my thread in PTR and lets get this noticed!
bump
wow no replies, is everyone a manticore user now or what? LOL
I replied in the PTR thread....
Rare hand X bow > Danettes

6 mods.

(damage modifier)
(IAS) (+11 = 1.78 attack speed) (2.04 APS DW)
(SOCKET)
(CRIT DMG)
(+ disc or +hatred regen)
(DEX )

So you have a higher damage pool then Danetta's on the base damage modifier
you can have IAS and socket

so it really comes down to finding the rare, 10 CC verus potentially 200 crit DMG

and the option for more stats with the quiver (resources, dex and vit, and skill buff)
01/24/2013 03:09 PMPosted by METATRON
wow no replies, is everyone a manticore user now or what? LOL

Metatron, did you lock up our thread about DH Dual Wield? in the PTR? Or was that a shut up and f*** you from Blizzard?

It is read only now.
The entire PTR forum is closed down now with 1.07 coming out today. Although i still wouldn't discount that Blizzard's thinking is shut up and F*** you Dual Wielders.

Admirable effort Metatron :(
The entire PTR forum is closed down now with 1.07 coming out today. Although i still wouldn't discount that Blizzard's thinking is shut up and F*** you Dual Wielders.

Admirable effort Metatron :(

I tried :[ at least i got the last post in there saying blizz is avoiding us lol
Well, back to bumping this post I guess... Did you guys download the new patch? NOT A SINGLE change for DH. Only a bug fix :-(
Also the Danetta's set could use a buff as well. I have found that the LOH on the revenge works very well and i like the exttra discipline on the spite, but the overall damage you can get from them is quite low compared to the calamity+DML or manticore+DML.

My thoughts exactly. i am far from godly with all my gear but i am having a hard time getting my dps over 200k w/ Danettas (currently around 160k) while i see some of you with calamity+DML well into the 300k's. To be fair however i paid around 30mil on AH for my D set so MUCH cheaper than the alternatives. but when looking to upgrade there is really no need to spend any more than that cause for the hundreds of millions i can only get my danettas up another 50-100dps or so since their max dps is so limited. Other than Danettas there are very few viable DW builds out there, so clearly we have a problem.

some possible solutions?

increase the DW IAS buff from 15% to at a min 20% if not more. i think we all agree on this one.

buff Archery skill to include DW, so 1handed xbow does +10CC but DW 1hand xbow does +15CC

buff the max dps on Danettas. an obvious answer. as of right now on AH there are Manticores with 98% crit, 2 sockets and base 1350dps. Best Spite to be had is only 1 socket and only does 1071dps. Revenge is even worse, there isnt a single one that has crit + socket, and if you want one with just crit at 100% they max at 956dps an empty socketed one will get you up to1100dps but then on top of the godly cost you have a godly gem to buy just to get that 100% crit back.

buff the min dps on Danettas.. everyone likes to focus on max dps on their weapon but what if Danettas offered really high min dps to compensate? i will crit anywhere from 20k to 500k and seeing those small numbers come up is frustrating. it would be great to have less of a swing in damage and be more consistent. this consistent 'mediocre' damage could actually end up being more effective that someone with really low and really high dps variable attacks.

add DH skill buffs to all DH weapons. so all DH weapons have a chance to roll '-5 hatred cost of bola shot', or '+10% damage to rapid fire'. and for god sakes, do if for all the DH spells. wtf cares about '+12% damage to spike traps'? lets see '+12% damage to Elemental Arrow' or a '+10% to all companion stats' or '-10% discipline cost of Vault'. long story short, do something else to generate build diversity so weapon selection is not JUST ABOUT DPS or IAS.

what we obviously dont want to do is buff DW so much that everyone stops using quivers and switches to danettas, but clearly DW in general is inferior and needs to be at least brought up to equal playing field. I have played DW pretty much since day one but it looks like im going to have to switch after looking at some of your profiles you do double the dps i do... not good.
I put the new Rubies on my Calamity and Dawn, their DPS increased insanely. I could have a LOT more DPS, if I stood by the old trifecta for DPS (IAS, CC and CD). I am trying some new stuff, like A LOT of IAS and Dexterity, to have as much flat damage as I can, while avoiding critical at all. Don't think I will get anywhere, but still... I like to try out new things, and I love fast attack rate (don't think I can get anymore attacks per second than what I already have).

Ignoring critical and increasing IAS and flat damage favors the use of Turrets and Pets, and that's what I am trying. The Spider to slow everything, so I can alway benefit from Cull the Weak.

Since I usually switch to my Strafe build (manticore and DML, argh) for paragon leveling, I will post a picture of my favorite build/gear here, because it won't always be visible on my profile. Would love your feedback about it.

Profile:
http://imgur.com/GyGrlst
Well, well, looks like all of the former dual wielders surrendered to the Manticore/DML :-(