New to Diablo, what exactly do I do now?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
I've played both WoW and D2, it's very much like apples and oranges yet they are both fruits.

If the development team strives to keep original D2, it won't be about balanced gameplay, it will be about paper/scissors/rock style of gameplay, especially pvp. It's about making the best paper, scissors or rock. Either find or buy the best equipment for your build, ymmv. Sometimes you'll win or when you meet an equally geared and skilled player in pvp who has a rock to your scissors, you'll just lose a lot! That's where skill comes in, if the other guys rock is covered in moss, you'll still beat him.
Go play hardcore or

Take your barb, farm 100k gold.
Delete your barb or forget it exists.
Open up the GAH.
Learn pricing and demand then start flipping items on GAH.
Move this practice into the RMAH.
Profit in a way that is actually rewarding and consistent, unlike the gameplay itself.
Buy BiS items, and maybe eventually a Lv60 hero.
Spend the extra hundreds of hours you would have actually "playing the game" by playing a game thats not, at its core, broken and pay to win, boasting the features of a 1995 game.

If you're looking for something to spend hundreds of hours in, with little to reward you, then try playing the game.

Since every major patch includes a huge nerf to content, and raising the cieling of items, there really is nothing to do now. You've already discovered one of the HUGE flaws, it's not a complete game. When was the last game you thought "oh damn i better head to the forums and ask what to do?" I'ts historical almost how bad things are managed in d3.
Scream like hell and die.
12/03/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Ghost
If you don't mind gambling and or wasting your time this is the game for you.

Yes, be aware that this is a gambling game, and each monster death is your chance to win big.

If you're sick of waiting to win, just pop on down to the AH and buy the godly gear that refuses to drop for you.

Gear up until you can farm Act III MP0 with your eyes closed, then repeat with each MP level until you reach MP10 and 50 Hellfire rings, at which point you can then start complaining about RD, and the lack of end-game content.
Hi, I am close to about 2 weeks into the game...Storm Crow Helm, Tal Rasha's Amulet(Vitality Flawless Star), Zunimassa's Pox and Morrow with 3 Flawless Star Topaz and a Flawless Star Emerald, Tasker and Theo and a Vile Ward.

Is this making sense to anyone?
I've got a Witch Doctor I'm levelling up which is about in the same place as you are.

Add me ingame and I'll help you out with whatever you need. I remember when I was about your level and experience and someone did the same to me, so I always like to return the favour wherever possible.

Hey add me too XD
这就是个悲剧
that exactly a tragedy
I am new to the Diablo series. I never played D2, but I was a WoW player for many years and have played a multitude of RPG games.

I am currently Level 54 or so and am playing Act 2 Hell Difficulty.

I was wondering what exactly do I do when I hit 60. I've read and researched bits and pieces of information, but there are some things that confuse me.

First, do I just continue to play the game until I hit a wall in where I'm finding it hard to kill creatures? I have a feeling I will hit this wall somewhere in Inferno difficulty.

Once I hit that wall, I understand I have to farm for gold / items in order to progress. I don't mind grinding, I'm certain grinding in WoW is pretty much the same so I'm conditioned for it.

Is farming mostly for people who have hit a wall in inferno? I assume Hell difficulty is not the difficulty I will need to "farm" in?

Just hoping I could get some comments and guidance as to what the Diablo 3 endgame is all about. I don't care if people says it sucks or its a grindfest. I like grindfests, its why I bought the game. I'm just unsure what to do and how to go about doing it.

Also, I keep hearing / seeing things about Uber bosses and keys / machines. Could someone also explain whats this all about?

Hoping to read a bunch of answers! Thanks for helping a newbie!

Hey,

I hope you have got enuf info from this thread... but just to summarize - In Diablo you can do the following after you reach level 60 with one character -

* Take all different type of characters to level 60
* Take one or all characters to Paragon level 100 (soft-core)
* Play hardcore (where death is permanent)
* Try getting your hardcore character to paragon level 100 (which ideally means your character has never died)
* Try collecting / farming as many plans for your Jeweler and Blacksmith (if they are already on highest level, else first take them to highest level)
* Play The Infernal Machine - as someone already said Google it or read - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7597724
* Try with new monster difficulties levels - read - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457
* Trade in Auction house - Real or In game - read - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/auction-house
* Play with your friends - read - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/playing-with-friends
* Gain achievements
* Gain Good Loots

WAIT FOR PVP - I can’t give you many details on it as even I don’t have that...

But I am sure that if you wish to do all the above points... it’s going to take a looooonnnnnnnnnnng time to complete the game.

Thanks
HB
"NEW TO DIABLO, WHAT EXACTLY DO I DO NOW?"

quit and go play Path of Exile
Quit now before you become an angry hater. I wish I had moved on to another game earlier and not kept the hope this would somehow become a game that one could play for years to come. I do not like what it has turned me into :(
uninstall
I was a WoW player myself.. D2 is nothing like WoW, you dont need a raid to find drops, you dont need to wait for Dungeon resets. Its non stop fast paced... repetitive .... action...

Ok yeah right... Its rather repetitive.. but hell!! its still fun!! hoping to hit the jackpot every run!! the anticipation is killing..

Rubbish aside, its good to play this game after so much WoW .. refreshing
12/03/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Tlegend
I don't mind grinding, I'm certain grinding in WoW is pretty much the same so I'm conditioned for it.

You don't mind grinding YET. Grinding in WoW is very much different than diablo grinding is. In WoW, if you grind something for 8 hours there's close to a 100% chance you'll get what you're looking for where as in diablo.. you can grind something for days and not get anything. It's all about the RNG(You'll see people saying this a lot)

It is definitely an entertaining game for at least a month or two but after that, you acquire new goals. First you'll probably think "I haz 2 get paragon lvl 100 so i can get teh fat loots" which is a very strong incentive to keep you playing. After you've hit para 100, beat the game, experienced the characters, the lands, and the lag deaths(don't play hardcore if don't want to sacrifice at least 2 characters to lag) that's pretty much all there is to diablo. Another thing that keeps people playing after they've achieved all of their goals is the RMAH. You can definitely make some money here if you know what you're doing.

Good luck and have fun.
Roll another class...it's quite a time/money investment to get another toon up, so that should keep you occupied for a while.

Try other builds...ok even I have a hard time truly advocating that...

Set personal challenges. Infernal Machine, timed runs, MP levels beyond what you would be comfortable with. I suspect a good number of us are doing this already.

Hardcore mode. I don't indulge in this...because I die. Alot.
I am new to the Diablo series. I never played D2, but I was a WoW player for many years and have played a multitude of RPG games.

I am currently Level 54 or so and am playing Act 2 Hell Difficulty.

I was wondering what exactly do I do when I hit 60. I've read and researched bits and pieces of information, but there are some things that confuse me.

First, do I just continue to play the game until I hit a wall in where I'm finding it hard to kill creatures? I have a feeling I will hit this wall somewhere in Inferno difficulty.

Once I hit that wall, I understand I have to farm for gold / items in order to progress. I don't mind grinding, I'm certain grinding in WoW is pretty much the same so I'm conditioned for it.

Is farming mostly for people who have hit a wall in inferno? I assume Hell difficulty is not the difficulty I will need to "farm" in?

Just hoping I could get some comments and guidance as to what the Diablo 3 endgame is all about. I don't care if people says it sucks or its a grindfest. I like grindfests, its why I bought the game. I'm just unsure what to do and how to go about doing it.

Also, I keep hearing / seeing things about Uber bosses and keys / machines. Could someone also explain whats this all about?

Hoping to read a bunch of answers! Thanks for helping a newbie!

Hey my strongest recommendation is to first start with a magic find build on any character of your choice. If you can farm up to 1.5 million which really isen't that hard you can buy some decent magic find gear that is inferno ready. If you join public games people will rush you through the game I just did this with my monk by the end of hell I was getting useless in fact people started giving me weps so I could contribute more lol. I actually had a stash full of level 63 items waiting to equip and once I hit 60 in act 4 hell I carried my team through diablo easily. I have 165% base magic find on my wizard and it does help immensly in finding gear. I always play public games and I find 1 or 2 legendaries every 2-4 runs. I purchased all of tal rasha's set except ammy and armor for 100,000 to 400,000 thousand in the auction house via buy out. This allowed me to start my own mf I got lucky and found an above average inna's helm and I sold it for 5 dollars in the RMAH. I then bought gold with my money and had 30 million. This allowed me to drastically improve my characters. They key to remember is everybody focuses entirely on damage which is only necessary if your playing monter power games. Items that don't roll crit chance or crit damage are worth way less. The game has been vastly improved and is getting closer to feeling more like diablo everyday. Also once you hit level 60 what most people's goal becomes is getting more dps, more dps, more dps and everyone has the same gear the same skills set. I prefer once I hit 60 is start my magic find runs; farm some legendaries then create some new characters and get items I like and skills I think are cool. I'll give you an example my magic find wizard is not the heaviest dps character in the game. However, I made him a cold wizard I use all ice spells except magic missile. I use ray of frost, comet, frost hydra, blizzard, ice armor. I may be at a disadvantage with my armor and not using archon from but I don't care I do enough damage that I can successfully farm inferno in groups. The game use to be very customizable like this and I'm still find a way to do this through bonus items to certain moves. In regards to what you do after 60 while I mostly magic find to build up other characters to reach level 60, then you can collect keys from the wardens with your mf and do an uber run with one of your level 60 uber characters. The game is still young I assume they will be adding more end game content because it is lacking but for now I will level all my characters to sixty and mf with my wizard until blizzard releases more content. Gearing up toons is a very lengthy process if you don't spend real money. I also enjoy running my friends through inferno or hell and helping them gear up in the process as my wizard get's very good drops and I get 10 - 15 yellow items to their 5.
12/03/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Tlegend
I understand there only so many places you can farm in d3, which will probably get to be a little cumbersome, but I haven't hit that point yet =)

I hit that point at 138,627 monster kills.
12/06/2012 12:04 AMPosted by Joe
I don't mind grinding, I'm certain grinding in WoW is pretty much the same so I'm conditioned for it.

You don't mind grinding YET. Grinding in WoW is very much different than diablo grinding is. In WoW, if you grind something for 8 hours there's close to a 100% chance you'll get what you're looking for where as in diablo.. you can grind something for days and not get anything. It's all about the RNG(You'll see people saying this a lot)

It is definitely an entertaining game for at least a month or two but after that, you acquire new goals. First you'll probably think "I haz 2 get paragon lvl 100 so i can get teh fat loots" which is a very strong incentive to keep you playing. After you've hit para 100, beat the game, experienced the characters, the lands, and the lag deaths(don't play hardcore if don't want to sacrifice at least 2 characters to lag) that's pretty much all there is to diablo. Another thing that keeps people playing after they've achieved all of their goals is the RMAH. You can definitely make some money here if you know what you're doing.

Good luck and have fun.

I'll never understand why you guys even play this game; the replay value has always been in creating different types of characters. For example, if you build a mf wizard you could create another wizard who is not a mf wizard and is a true dps wizard. You can still create a cold wizard or a fire wizard or a utility wizard by choosing skills that fit that style. I will create another wizard to go with my mf wizard that will be more focused on dps. Just like in diablo 2 I could re-spec but half the fun was starting over. My next wizard will be a fire dps wizard and I will gear approptiately. You could also build a vitality wizard there is still variety you just choose to ignore it. Your loss your missing out on the best part of the game your the noob.
Dual wield credit cards and use the RMAH.
Here's a tip, don't get your hopes up.

Nuff said.