Help Please

Wizard
Hey whats up everyone. So i need some help, i want to get my dps a little higher and im going for like a hybrid build like good defense and good attack. Im not trying to do a CM/WW build or archon build im trying to be different than like every wiz pretty much lol....If you can give me some gear recommendations or spec lmk thanks...later.
Replace your Shield by a source, that should up your DPS

Otherwise, you will probably have to buy a lot of new gears if you want to become more mainstream.
i alredy have a triumvirate but im trying to keep my shield for defense do you have any other suggestions?
12/05/2012 10:18 PMPosted by nros09
i want to get my dps a little higher

12/05/2012 10:21 PMPosted by Omega
Replace your Shield by a source, that should up your DPS

plain and simple, replacing your shield with a source will give you the largest dps increase. Unless you are trying to stand in one place and just tank everything there is no reason to be using a shield. Actually even if you were trying to tank everything you'd probably still want to use a source.

12/05/2012 10:18 PMPosted by nros09
Im not trying to do a CM/WW build or archon build im trying to be different than like every wiz pretty much lol

fair enough but there is a reason those two builds are so popular: because they work - really well. Certain spells and passives are just better than others. For example both archon and cm/ww use critical mass passive because it is one of the most useful passives we have (resets cooldowns by 1 second each critical hit). You could, for example, use meteors (one of wizard's hardest hitting spells) instead of disintigrate (meteors hit harder and depending on the rune usually proc CM more) replace blur with CM, and you will find that you are able to cast your diamond skin much more often. Keep diamond skin up during the entire fight and there's no need for a shield :)

If you are unwilling to part with disintigrate then you might consider trying chaos nexus rune.

Another great spell is teleport (which would also be refreshed quickly with CM or instantly with illusionist passive). You might consider picking up tele so that you can escape things like jailer, frozen, etc, and just move around more quickly. Wormhole rune is great for moving long distances, fracture is great for briefly distracting the enemy when trying to escape / dodge. I would recommend you replace familiar with teleport since all familiar offers is a small dps increaase where as teleport offers a lot of mobility during a fight.

getting a socketed weapon (so that you can put an emerald in it) will greatly increase your dps.

Getting some life on hit (maybe around 500-700) will greatly improve your ability to heal during combat. (LoH can be found on weapons, rings + amulets, blackthorne set pants, storm crow wizard hat).

take advantage of set bonuses. zuniemasa's 2 set bonus offers extra int. Tals set onuses offer pure dps increase. blackthorne's 2 set bonus offers 100 vit. The list goes on.