11 Options to fix Reflects Damage

General Discussion
Prev 1 24 25 26 Next

Your opinion is flawed because it doesn't support play styles that have no sustain and based on that, we must remove any variables that require sustainability. Who cares if removing said variables also removes the need for the higher EHP setups, right?

#Chillaxinlogic

Well like I said my opinion is based on the background I stated. It may well be flawed but adjusting RD for everyone because folks choose "no sustain" play styles doesn't seem right either. Noting I have no problem with Bliz adjusting mechanics that aren't functioning as intended...as in the case with Rares though. And frankly this game has been made easy enough already.

And like I said, I personally feel being forced to make adjustments to your style of play works for me. Now it may not work for you...but that's why it's my opinion and not yours. As an example, I struggled with Belial and Diablo on inferno under 1.0.4 until I did some reading on the fights and adjusted some skills. I picked up skills I wasn't familiar with and used those to improve my success in the fights. Could I have won the fights with my previous skills (maybe with better gear) but I wasn't having success so I made some changes. If you're getting one-shot by RD mobs well then maybe it's time to change some skills or gear differently. Or just live with the fact that your build may not be perfect for steamrolling everything.

Your opinion is flawed because it doesn't support play styles that have no sustain and based on that, we must remove any variables that require sustainability. Who cares if removing said variables also removes the need for the higher EHP setups, right?

#Chillaxinlogic

Well like I said my opinion is based on the background I stated. It may well be flawed but adjusting RD for everyone because folks choose "no sustain" play styles doesn't seem right either. Noting I have no problem with Bliz adjusting mechanics that aren't functioning as intended...as in the case with Rares though. And frankly this game has been made easy enough already.

And like I said, I personally feel being forced to make adjustments to your style of play works for me. Now it may not work for you...but that's why it's my opinion and not yours. As an example, I struggled with Belial and Diablo on inferno under 1.0.4 until I did some reading on the fights and adjusted some skills. I picked up skills I wasn't familiar with and used those to improve my success in the fights. Could I have won the fights with my previous skills (maybe with better gear) but I wasn't having success so I made some changes. If you're getting one-shot by RD mobs well then maybe it's time to change some skills or gear differently. Or just live with the fact that your build may not be perfect for steamrolling everything.

Yeaah, l was kind of being sarcastic to point out the stupidity in Chillaxin's outlook on the matter.
[quote][quote]

Yeaah, l was kind of being sarcastic to point out the stupidity in Chillaxin's outlook on the matter.

Sorry man...I kind of was wondering about that but figured I'd explain my thoughts further.

You bamboozled me. :)-
All this ss proves is that you didn't waste much time screwing around farming things like machines or doing ubers. Simply running Alkaizer all day yields roughly 180-200 elites an hour depending on your pace since that count doesn't go by entire pack kills but instead counts each individual elite mob.

lf you really went balls deep and just farmed day in and day out, an average of 72 is nowhere near efficient.

Wow MOMO, This topic was dead for 5 days then you decided to bump it. I don't really see the point since the reflect damage changes are going to happen. Your argument lost.

I have multiple hellfire rings on this account so saying I didn't farm ubers is kinda debunked. 72 elites per hour is actually higher than most people doing alkaizer runs so I have no idea where you got the math for 180-200 per hour.

You claim to be able to get more than double my elites per hour? I'd be very impressed if you had some form of proof. I've tried every farming route I could find but I'd more than welcome aquiring a new one.
All this ss proves is that you didn't waste much time screwing around farming things like machines or doing ubers. Simply running Alkaizer all day yields roughly 180-200 elites an hour depending on your pace since that count doesn't go by entire pack kills but instead counts each individual elite mob.

lf you really went balls deep and just farmed day in and day out, an average of 72 is nowhere near efficient.

Wow MOMO, This topic was dead for 5 days then you decided to bump it. I don't really see the point since the reflect damage changes are going to happen. Your argument lost.

I have multiple hellfire rings on this account so saying I didn't farm ubers is kinda debunked. 72 elites per hour is actually higher than most people doing alkaizer runs so I have no idea where you got the math for 180-200 per hour.

You claim to be able to get more than double my elites per hour? I'd be very impressed if you had some form of proof. I've tried every farming route I could find but I'd more than welcome aquiring a new one.

Check your elite kills, write it down. Start a run and kill an entire pack. lt'll go up by 3. You must know the game so well so l'll simply bow down to the mighty Chillaxin with his (lol) "impressive" 72 elites an hour.

Thanks for proving you're illiterate though since l told you those elite kills on profile aren't entire packs in my post while you think it's something impressive.

What a truly enjoyed most here was how OP was initially complaining about reflect being too much for his setup and then proceeds to act as if the reflect bug was his problem the entire time to cover up the garbage.

+1 True that. :) Chillaxin likes to run away, here is the older post in which he cowered too.

Hmm, lets take a looksee here..
I die only when i hit a group (typically offscreen) with an AOE and I didn't see if they had reflects damage. Being forced to read the line of text under every single mob before shooting anything isn't fun for anyone.

lf l didn't know any better, l would say this is falls under whining about general reflect.

Since 100% of the time I ever got insta-gimped was because of bugged reflect damage rare pack with the white mobs. The admin's bug fix single-handedly solves the problem.

But if you check out his story here, he appears to have changed it. lsn't he just so adorable?
Two quick things:

1) We're looking to redesign how the Reflects Damage affix works, as well as make it so that pet damage will no longer reflect back on the player. I went into a bit more detail [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006893362?page=2#31"]here[/url]. (I believe the buff while active will have some sort of visual indicator, too.)

2) After seeing a number of posts from players about RD dealing what they felt to be TOO much damage (especially from minions), we did some additional testing and discovered that Rare minions with the affix were in fact doing more damage than intended. This is an issue we have scheduled to fix in an upcoming patch.

I'm not sure if these points would change your opinions at all on the subject, but I felt the information was worth pointing out. :)

RE: Dev team

Internal testing isn't good enough and must be reviewed. The additional testing mentioned should be part of the pre_release testing.

Unless,
it was intended for teams to wipe 10+ times attempting to kill elites with minion reflect and other affixes on MP10 without considering the limitations and options each class has for health sustain
or,
it was intended since the testing/reporting was incomplete.
or,
etc.

When gameplay bugs of this obvious nature are discovered, players wonder if the testers are really playing the game or just logging in the hours or the project management priority was on something else other than gameplay.
12/10/2012 09:07 PMPosted by Deadlysynz
The quickest and easiest solution Lylirra is to just give ranged a 30% damage reduction to ranged attacks which would include RD.

No this is a bad idea.
i don't understand why players have such a huge issue with RD
a well balanced toon will take longer to kill stuff yes but they will also be able to handle RD

unlike a glass cannon will simply shoot a laser in the mirror and kills its self

you dont understand because your dps isnt high enough...

i get 1 shot by RD mobs if i jump in and use vortex and attack...only to realize afterwards theyre RD
i don't understand why players have such a huge issue with RD
a well balanced toon will take longer to kill stuff yes but they will also be able to handle RD

unlike a glass cannon will simply shoot a laser in the mirror and kills its self

you dont understand because your dps isnt high enough...

i get 1 shot by RD mobs if i jump in and use vortex and attack...only to realize afterwards theyre RD

lmplying the 400k DPS people on d3progress get eaten by reflect.
If it was up to me, they would make it so reflect damage reflects back within a proximity of the attacks origin. So If I fire a shot and move I could avoid it reflecting back, however if I just stand still it's going to reflect right back at me. This way people who want to "out tank it" can gear for that and remain tanks and those that want to be play GC's can put in the extra effort in running around and avoiding it.

It would work JUST like those Sand/Rocks things in AC2 where it bounces ranged attacks back at you.
Check your elite kills, write it down. Start a run and kill an entire pack. lt'll go up by 3. You must know the game so well so l'll simply bow down to the mighty Chillaxin with his (lol) "impressive" 72 elites an hour.

The elites per hour effects everyone equally. So using it a unit of measure is fair because your elites are also inflated by elite packs.

12/26/2012 08:31 AMPosted by MOMOZ
Simply running Alkaizer all day yields roughly 180-200 elites an hour

My account currently has 81 elites per hour. It goes up as I gain efficiency and level out the overall average. Your claims are very impressive and I would love to have that level of efficiency. You claim to be able to do 180-200 elites per hour and I would absolutely enjoy proof.
12/28/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Chillaxin

The elites per hour effects everyone equally. So using it a unit of measure is fair because your elites are also inflated by elite packs.

12/26/2012 08:31 AMPosted by MOMOZ
Simply running Alkaizer all day yields roughly 180-200 elites an hour

My account currently has 81 elites per hour. It goes up as I gain efficiency and level out the overall average. Your claims are very impressive and I would love to have that level of efficiency. You claim to be able to do 180-200 elites per hour and I would absolutely enjoy proof.

http://puu.sh/1GuXg < Profile before the run, 47,512 kills, 727 hours and 2 minutes played
http://puu.sh/1Gv8u < Profile after the run, 47,542 kills, 727 hours and 9 minutes played

Roughly 7 minute clear and l ended up dying twice, give or take 30 seconds (that's being extremely generous) to leave and make a new game:

60 minutes / 7.5 minutes = 8 runs in an hour * 30 elites = 240 elites/hour. Assuming that run was just a good run, we'll tone it down a bit to 180-200 an hour running Alkaizer. What was that about you being efficient?

Please, tell me more about optimal.
Roughly 7 minute clear and l ended up dying twice, give or take 30 seconds (that's being extremely generous) to leave and make a new game:

60 minutes / 7.5 minutes = 8 runs in an hour * 30 elites = 240 elites/hour. Assuming that run was just a good run, we'll tone it down a bit to 180-200 an hour running Alkaizer. What was that about you being efficient?

Your 47,542 elite kills out of 727 hours played is: 65 elites per hour. This is the final number that determines your elite efficiency average since you've been playing the game. We all improve overtime so of course our current results are higher.

Mine is 81 elites per hour.

At first I was skeptical of your hotstreak. I didn't think anyone was doing 200+ elites per hour but to make sure, I wanted to do a test of 1 run like you did. To my shock, most people are now a days. My original skepticism still stands that most people don't have above 70 elites per hour on average on their account.

On your hot streak, you have given proof of 30 elites within 7.5 minutes. If you could maintain this hotstreak you would have 240 elites per hour

I did my modified Alkiazer run. I killed 49 elites within 9 minutes. If i could maintain this hotstreak I would have 326.6 elites per hour.

Screenshot before run: http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x316/fatyblob/Screenshot316_zpsb5e91099.jpg
Screenshot after run: http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x316/fatyblob/Screenshot319_zps169ae7a9.jpg

I am currently 24% - 36% on average more efficient at killing elites than you are.

I appreciate your challenge because I now understand why my average elites per hour is going up so quickly. It usually takes a long time to affect hundreds of hours of average but since Alkiazer runs caused such a drastic improvement the average is noticeably going up. I did around 50 elites per hour before I was shown Alkiazer runs. Now its over 300? I didn't think it would be that high. This was a very useful test of information! I was uncertain before but now I'm certain that Alkiazer runs are the only way to play.

You were more informed about how many elites per hour Alkiazer runs are. I didn't test it before and now I feel enlightened. You were correct in saying that 80 elites per hour doing alkiazer runs is not impressive. I still feel getting above 70 elites killed per hour on average on the account is pretty noteworthy.

Your 47,542 elite kills out of 727 hours played is: 65 elites per hour. This is the final number that determines your elite efficiency average since you've been playing the game. We all improve overtime so of course our current results are higher.

Mine is 81 elites per hour.

At first I was skeptical of your hotstreak. I didn't think anyone was doing 200+ elites per hour but to make sure, I wanted to do a test of 1 run like you did. To my shock, most people are now a days. My original skepticism still stands that most people don't have above 70 elites per hour on average on their account.

On your hot streak, you have given proof of 30 elites within 7.5 minutes. If you could maintain this hotstreak you would have 240 elites per hour

I did my modified Alkiazer run. I killed 49 elites within 9 minutes. If i could maintain this hotstreak I would have 326.6 elites per hour.

Screenshot before run: http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x316/fatyblob/Screenshot316_zpsb5e91099.jpg
Screenshot after run: http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x316/fatyblob/Screenshot319_zps169ae7a9.jpg

I am currently 24% - 36% on average more efficient at killing elites than you are.

I appreciate your challenge because I now understand why my average elites per hour is going up so quickly. It usually takes a long time to affect hundreds of hours of average but since Alkiazer runs caused such a drastic improvement the average is noticeably going up. I did around 50 elites per hour before I was shown Alkiazer runs. Now its over 300? I didn't think it would be that high. This was a very useful test of information! I was uncertain before but now I'm certain that Alkiazer runs are the only way to play.

You were more informed about how many elites per hour Alkiazer runs are. I didn't test it before and now I feel enlightened. You were correct in saying that 80 elites per hour doing alkiazer runs is not impressive. I still feel getting above 70 elites killed per hour on average on the account is pretty noteworthy.

Nice VoTA background in the first ss and A3 in the second ss. Why are you comparing VoTA runs to Alkaizer again?
Nice VoTA background in the first ss and A3 in the second ss. Why are you comparing VoTA runs to Alkaizer again?

I don't quite understand what you're pointing out here. I've reviewed both screenshots many times. The 1st screenshot's act is irrelevant since that was yesterday when I was doing mp10 to get 1 of each key in case my group wanted me to contribute a machine. Act2 was the last one because I don't enjoy that act.

But the 2nd screenshot shows the results after the run and the quest I was on when doing the run. I guess I could understand a concern if the 2nd screenshot was not act 3 after doing the run but even that is a stretch.

But what you've really done is arouse my curiosity further! I can't figure why the quest in the background of the "before" picture matters at all and furthermore I can't imagine anyone doing act 2 other than key farming. UGH EWWW...
I hope the reflects damage changes happen soon.
12/28/2012 05:27 PMPosted by Chillaxin

I don't quite understand what you're pointing out here. I've reviewed both screenshots many times. The 1st screenshot's act is irrelevant since that was yesterday when I was doing mp10 to get 1 of each key in case my group wanted me to contribute a machine. Act2 was the last one because I don't enjoy that act.

But the 2nd screenshot shows the results after the run and the quest I was on when doing the run. I guess I could understand a concern if the 2nd screenshot was not act 3 after doing the run but even that is a stretch.

But what you've really done is arouse my curiosity further! I can't figure why the quest in the background of the "before" picture matters at all and furthermore I can't imagine anyone doing act 2 other than key farming. UGH EWWW...

Cause VoTA runs yield a higher elite/hour but the exp/hour from it is garbage.
12/28/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Sweko
I hope the reflects damage changes happen soon.

needs a huge warning sign on player's head or elite, then i'll be fine and dandy,

I hate waiting to test the elite pack by running around them waiting for dmg numbers to pop up or mouse over them to read those small words in the middle of chaos