Just identified 2 stash tabs of legendaries

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
I swear half the legendaries I get are frostburn gauntlets :(
12/09/2012 09:40 AMPosted by evok
Hey bud if you want people to agree and support your cause (which I do btw itemization is terrible atm) try being a little less of an !@#$%^-. Don' take the troll bait that's being offered in every second post and stick to your main point.

I'm friendly to everyone who is friendly as well...but if people are being unfriendly, stupid etc. I find it hard to keep calm all the time ^^
I collected over 70 legendaries over the last 3 days and decided to identify them all at once.

Estimating their worth all together I made about 35M at best out of 70+ legendaries.

OP in short :
"I make over 11 million gold a day in D3, cry with me please".
Some players haven't made 11m gold yet.
And to 95% of those who did, it's still a huge amount.

12/09/2012 12:20 AMPosted by Kyrone
2) I find about 2 legendaries per hour. Let's say the average worth of one legendary is 500k, thus I make 1M per hour. Currently 1M is sold for 35 cents as far as I know...yeah, totally worth playing the game then.

This news probably gonna be groundbreaking to you, but Diablo 3 is a game, not a job.

Damn, I played hockey yesterday for 2 hours and they didn't even pay me. Talk about $0 an hour. What a scam.
12/09/2012 01:03 AMPosted by Marysvillain

At least someone with brains.

Take a look at all legendary items in D3. As I said, the majority of them CAN'T be good, since their stats are bad by default.

And to the guys thinking 35M is much: It isn't.
Also, I said "at best", probably will be less in this messed up economy.

No bot will ever be able to compete with a whirlwind barb on steroids controlled by a player with too much coffee.

LOL :D

Was just to state a point here man, I'm pretty happy with my job and would never work for McDonalds^^

Lol I thought you were going to say something like you were still in high school lol. I would've hated to have to tell you mcdonalds only accepts applications from college graduates these days. rofl. no but really, from what I've heard, their standards are a little too high for flipping burgers.

I have been to a few where they have a bunch of kids working there and then to some where nobody is under 23 or so. Since each franchise is owned by different people.. some have different rules.. It's weird going to one with a ton of teenagers to one with adults O.o
LOL@WWBARB MAD Bro?
I get 1-2 legendaries a week..STF U!

I wouldn't mind getting 1 legendary a week if it meant that I found something good. Not trash not even worth picking up.
I collected over 70 legendaries over the last 3 days and decided to identify them all at once.

Estimating their worth all together I made about 35M at best out of 70+ legendaries.

OP in short :
"I make over 11 million gold a day in D3, cry with me please".
Some players haven't made 11m gold yet.
And to 95% of those who did, it's still a huge amount.

12/09/2012 12:20 AMPosted by Kyrone
2) I find about 2 legendaries per hour. Let's say the average worth of one legendary is 500k, thus I make 1M per hour. Currently 1M is sold for 35 cents as far as I know...yeah, totally worth playing the game then.

This news probably gonna be groundbreaking to you, but Diablo 3 is a game, not a job.

Damn, I played hockey yesterday for 2 hours and they didn't even pay me. Talk about $0 an hour. What a scam.

Cool story bro. You didn't get it at all. I'm not interested in making money, no clue why you'd think so.
I'm interested in having fun playing, finding good gear and upgrades simply to get the feeling of progressing in this game.

And your comparison with hockey is just dumb lol.

12/09/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Vicc
I wouldn't mind getting 1 legendary a week if it meant that I found something good. Not trash not even worth picking up.

Exactly. Let's say once in 50 hours of play you get a legendary which is either an upgrade for you or sellable/worth trading for an upgrade for you. I'd love this! Much much better than identifying 10000 rares and hundreds of legendaries for one good piece!

I'm just shaking my head in disbelief over this post.

1) It is not luck but efficiency. Every player with high farming speed averages about 2 legendaries per hour.

2) Please don't try giving me advice on my char when yours is clearly crappy at best.
IK chest owns blackthornes chest all day. The 60 bonus all res are worth it if I get IK gloves similar to mine with all resist, otherwise I don't gain any benefit from that.

And IK belts will never compete with a witching hour dps wise.

Pretty sure I know how to play, but thanks for the pseudo-advice.

Then your efficiency is in the top 1% because no one else in this thread finds even a tenth of the legs you do. One guy didn't find a single leg in a month! As for IK chest, it's good but very expensive. I am not going to pay 50m just to trade away 100 vit for 100 str. Also I need the pickup radius on at least 1 item so I traded away 50 str for 7 yards pickup. Yes, you should get IK gloves and if not, get the IK belt. You will lose a little damage but you gain lifesteal(unique to barbs) and a bonus, such as more frenzy damage as well as +max fury. Oh and you also gain 60 resist anyway. So you trade a little damage and gain alot of other stats! I have told my friend not to bother with witching hour, his lifesteal belt is what keeps him alive. I actually once found a dex+fire res witching and sold it for 60m gold, no use for it as that belt is terrible for ehp and sustainability, not worth the small dps increase when you lose alot of time kiting and dying.

LOL. This is funny to me. An EXTREMELY mediocre barb telling a well above average barb what to do.

You're wrong about the IK gloves. They're crap unless you're just absolutely loaded. You're wrong about the IK chest. They'd be a HUGE upgrade for you (what's sad is you don't even know it). Does losing 100 vit for 100 str make sense? Depends on your current build. If you think that you need the 100 vit more than that 100 str, you, my friend, have no clue what you're talking about. And no, you do not "need" pickup radius (take it from a barb that farms low mps fairly efficiently and handles mp10 fine).

As for the Witching Hour, it's a matter of preference and I tend to prefer the ls to the dps as you do. That said, you prefer about 6% ls (including your bloodthirst) with about 100k dps; he prefers 3% bloodthirst ls with 200k dps. Guess what? that equals the same amount of life being stolen. You double ls, he doubles dps. Guess who's more efficient? Not to mention he has a ton more loh than you do. Sure, he doesn't get the 60 resists, but the question is, does he really need it?

You can stack the crap out of defense all you like, but the key to having a good char is not only making sure you don't die. It's making sure you don't die while still being able to kill efficiently. He has a much better balance there than you do, believe me.
How do you find 70 legs in 3 days?
As long as we want legendaries/sets to gain primary dps stats or movement speed, nothing will change. Yes, the game is about killing as much enemies as possible as quick as possible, but should be many ways to get there.
Stone of Jordan is an example of properly designed legendary. Is is BiS? No, not really, you will lose paper dps when using it. Is it good? It's awesome! It's a legendary item that's not mandatory but still extremely valuable.

That's exactly what I was trying to get across in an earlier post. The exclusive dps stats are screwing over just about all rares in that slot and even other legendarys.
It does suck comparatively, but move the !@#$ on. You got a brimstone... Find another legendary item... I actually found in the past 2 days, both rings I am wearing and some GG ice climbers. 260 str, 30 or so vit, 11% ms with gf(Not that special but a nice bonus). That is the best find I've ever gotten. Technically, I could wear the ice climbers and call it 3 upgrades, but I find more use in selling it and upgrading 3 or so of my items.
LOL. This is funny to me. An EXTREMELY mediocre barb telling a well above average barb what to do.

You're wrong about the IK gloves. They're crap unless you're just absolutely loaded. You're wrong about the IK chest. They'd be a HUGE upgrade for you (what's sad is you don't even know it). Does losing 100 vit for 100 str make sense? Depends on your current build. If you think that you need the 100 vit more than that 100 str, you, my friend, have no clue what you're talking about. And no, you do not "need" pickup radius (take it from a barb that farms low mps fairly efficiently and handles mp10 fine).

As for the Witching Hour, it's a matter of preference and I tend to prefer the ls to the dps as you do. That said, you prefer about 6% ls (including your bloodthirst) with about 100k dps; he prefers 3% bloodthirst ls with 200k dps. Guess what? that equals the same amount of life being stolen. You double ls, he doubles dps. Guess who's more efficient? Not to mention he has a ton more loh than you do. Sure, he doesn't get the 60 resists, but the question is, does he really need it?

You can stack the crap out of defense all you like, but the key to having a good char is not only making sure you don't die. It's making sure you don't die while still being able to kill efficiently. He has a much better balance there than you do, believe me.

Faith in humanity = restored.

12/09/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Whitelytning
How do you find 70 legs in 3 days?

Speed in terms of killing fast...the more mobs you can kill the better your chance of finding them gets. Also, I only run the alkaizer route on MP1 in order to maximize experience and legendary drops per hour.
However, finding 2 pieces of crap per hour or only 1 doesn't really matter.
12/09/2012 10:46 AMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
It does suck comparatively, but move the !@#$ on. You got a brimstone... Find another legendary item... I actually found in the past 2 days, both rings I am wearing and some GG ice climbers. 260 str, 30 or so vit, 11% ms with gf(Not that special but a nice bonus). That is the best find I've ever gotten. Technically, I could wear the ice climbers and call it 3 upgrades, but I find more use in selling it and upgrading 3 or so of my items.

You were just insanely lucky. If I'm not mistaken those ice climbers should sell for over 400M+, which is INSANE. If I found something like this once in a while, or at least upgrades, I wouldn't complain here.
I am 100% certain you'd be frustrated in my position, too. Anyways, grats on those boots, awesome find ^_^
Curse you Blizzard!

I only won 35m this week!

I like how beginners with 2k elite kill talk about topics they can't have a clue of.
legit post
Bump for justice
I don't think the OP realizes the paradox and irony of the situation..

If legendaries can easily roll good stats or you have way more legendaries that are worth something then their overall worth will go down. It's impossible for blizzard to "improve" drops while profiting hardcore players economically. The only way of doing that is decreasing drops to pre 1.05 levels which is bad for the overall game but profits hardcore players.

You are at a point where upgrades are extremely scarce so I don't find 18 days for an upgrade to be that bad when you're at such highend gear.

I don't like the itemization in D3 mainly because of the lack of variety in stats and uninspired overall affixes(elemental damage doing nothing, AR dominating all defensive stats, weapon damage determining your entire damage due to stacking..etc). The drop system not being rewarding is a result of the AH letting you purchase custom items that are valued highly because they're extremely rare.
To the OP. What is your complaint here? Is your goal to get 70 amazing leg items then sell them and have 100b in you inventory? Because that's what it seems like. Then you will turn around and sell that on RMAH, even though you say you wont use that? Just because you arent getting top items doesnt mean you dont make progress everyone has a different view on "progress in a game" and maybe your don't align with the creators of D3.