Just identified 2 stash tabs of legendaries

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
Curse you Blizzard!

I only won 35m this week!

I like how beginners with 2k elite kill talk about topics they can't have a clue of.

You accuse him of being a beginner, but it seems you're new to the diablo franchise or simply have forgotten that the majority of uniques in D2 were trash as well.

Take a look here: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/uniques.shtml. Mostly garbage as well. You've reached the point in D3 where upgrades will come as often as they did for the enigma hammerdin in D2. Time to gear up an alt.
Let me get this straight....

You found SEVENTY legendaries in three days???
I have found about 20 since May 15th.

You only made 35 million gold this weekend?

Wow, my heart really pumps piss for you....
Tell this to someone like me who only has 5 million gold TOTAL.....

Quit your crying. At least you are finding something.

Donate your 35 million in profits to me. That way, the next time you come online and whine, I'll back you up and say it's a conspiracy of some sort.
One of the worst complaint threads I've ever seen. The drop rates are fine. If you want good legendary items all the time then start botting, otherwise shut up.

You have an INFINITE amount of time to gear.
I smell a hacjor/modder?

70 legendaries in three days i think someone is lieing.If that is True Blizzard needs to !@#$ing check some of the players issues pronto.
Since I've been playing, I've sold about 20 million gp worth of gear and one of those was a set piece for 12 million gp. I've hit the AH wall with upgrades being in the 100 millions with some gear propbably being cash only since I've never seen the stats that I want listed in the non cash section.
#barbworldproblems
To the OP. What is your complaint here? Is your goal to get 70 amazing leg items then sell them and have 100b in you inventory? Because that's what it seems like. Then you will turn around and sell that on RMAH, even though you say you wont use that? Just because you arent getting top items doesnt mean you dont make progress everyone has a different view on "progress in a game" and maybe your don't align with the creators of D3.

I can't use the RMAH since I play on US servers from Europe.
Again: I couldn't care less about money. I don't PLAY for money, I play for FUN.

And clearly you can't say that 3 days of playing a game with NO rewards and NO progress is fun in a game that is based on finding items, can you?
Donate your 35 million in profits to me. That way, the next time you come online and whine, I'll back you up and say it's a conspiracy of some sort.

If you had asked nicely and not behave like a complete jerk I would have hooked you up with some gold/gear.

One of the worst complaint threads I've ever seen. The drop rates are fine. If you want good legendary items all the time then start botting, otherwise shut up.

"Don't play legit, rather cheat since the game is completely broken"

Good idea, not gonna happen though since this is not fun!

You have an INFINITE amount of time to gear.

I smell a hacjor/modder?

70 legendaries in three days i think someone is lieing.If that is True Blizzard needs to !@#$ing check some of the players issues pronto.

I smell a noob who is jealous.
12/09/2012 11:36 AMPosted by orlock
Since I've been playing, I've sold about 20 million gp worth of gear and one of those was a set piece for 12 million gp. I've hit the AH wall with upgrades being in the 100 millions with some gear propbably being cash only since I've never seen the stats that I want listed in the non cash section.

No offense, but I took a look at your gear and if you think upgrades for you cost 100m+, you're doing something wrong.
Had a 20 minute argument in trade channel with someone who was defending a WD ilvl 62 class specific legendary helm as not bad design, just bad rolls. Let me repeat that, it is a Witch Doctor ilvl62 **class specific helm**. So you would think it would have set mod selection for WD skills right or at the VERY least Max mana / mana regen? Nope! Not a damn thing that separates it from a rare regular helm!

The item in question is Tiklandian Visage: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/tiklandian-visage
which he argued CAN be good. HOW? It's a class specific item with no set class specific mods and it's legendary? How is it legendary? How could it ever be good?? Visage of Giyua will ALWaYS be better. I get it if that item was maybe lvl 50 which btw a lvl 50 leg has at least +mana rolled set all the way down the line besides this one, but it's a fricken lvl 62! Common now! And Blizzard has the audacity to call this item legendary? In what way!? Health Globes? YAH everyone loves that stuff on their legendaries!

Then they made some of em a little too good with no options on the others too. Like take for instance The witching hour vs Tal Rasha's belt? Are you serious? Why is The witching hour set with main stat, easy to get other stat rolls, CD AND IAS? Now all that is great and makes us feel powerful and all but if the others don't have a good option not to have it (+1% CC really lol, that's so convincing!) than Witching Hour becomes BiS and all other leg belts become crap besides the ones that actually do well like IK.

Bottom line is they rushed out that legendary patch, did a rush job with it. Made some items great, some class specific sets even near must haves like Immortal Kings (For barb, big shocker there...) and others like Tal Rasha and Inna's pieces and final set just complete crap that can never be good. Now we have to suffer from hearing that legendary sound, get excited only to know that item can never be good so we pick it up in the hopes that Blizzard comes through this time with crafting - and if they don't, looks like D3 won't be on the Christmas list this year for a lot of folks.
Had a 20 minute argument in trade channel with someone who was defending a WD ilvl 62 class specific legendary helm as not bad design, just bad rolls. Let me repeat that, it is a Witch Doctor ilvl62 **class specific helm**. So you would think it would have set mod selection for WD skills right or at the VERY least Max mana / mana regen? Nope! Not a damn thing that separates it from a rare regular helm!

The item in question is Tiklandian Visage: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/tiklandian-visage
which he argued CAN be good. HOW? It's a class specific item with no set class specific mods and it's legendary? How is it legendary? How could it ever be good?? Visage of Giyua will ALWaYS be better. I get it if that item was maybe lvl 50 which btw a lvl 50 leg has at least +mana rolled set all the way down the line besides this one, but it's a fricken lvl 62! Common now! And Blizzard has the audacity to call this item legendary? In what way!? Health Globes? YAH everyone loves that stuff on their legendaries!

Then they made some of em a little too good with no options on the others too. Like take for instance The witching hour vs Tal Rasha's belt? Are you serious? Why is The witching hour set with main stat, easy to get other stat rolls, CD AND IAS? Now all that is great and makes us feel powerful and all but if the others don't have a good option not to have it (+1% CC really lol, that's so convincing!) than Witching Hour becomes BiS and all other leg belts become crap besides the ones that actually do well like IK.

Bottom line is they rushed out that legendary patch, did a rush job with it. Made some items great, some class specific sets even near must haves like Immortal Kings (For barb, big shocker there...) and others like Tal Rasha and Inna's pieces and final set just complete crap that can never be good. Now we have to suffer from hearing that legendary sound, get excited only to know that item can never be good so we pick it up in the hopes that Blizzard comes through this time with crafting - and if they don't, looks like D3 won't be on the Christmas list this year for a lot of folks.

You can't argue with many people in this community, there are countless trolls, noobs and horribly stubborn fools around. They also have a fail understanding of what is considered "good", and even if you have 4 times their dps they won't listen. That's part of the reason why you see so many items horribly overpriced, because players are not only greedy but also unable to judge the actual worth of an item.

I remember selling a ring a while ago for 42M. When I was advertising it in the trade chat, there were about 5 guys saying "rofl", "lol noob this ring is crap" and so on.

Bottom line is that you can't cure the stupid, neither when it comes to teaching them item values nor when it comes to how items should roll in general, as you can see within this thread by a lot of obnoxious examples of the D3 "community".
Sad but true story.
12/09/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Kyrone

If you had asked nicely and not behave like a complete jerk I would have hooked you up with some gold/gear.

My bad. I just get ticked at the lack of anything I seem to find in this game.
well i seriously doubt its even possible to find 70 legendaires in 3days. I also seriously doubt that none of them were any good. True the majority of legendaries have no chance at being good - but some are always good like (witching hours, iceblimbers, IK gear, and many others.) heck I've probably found only 150 leg in 6 months and probably 30 of them sold on the AH for over 5 million - granted many of them are worth little to nothing now - it's just the case that everyone has good gear now.

In order for this game to get better.

Items are going to have to get better constantly.

drop quality is going to have to increase.

crafting with brimstones is going to have to become relevent.
well i seriously doubt its even possible to find 70 legendaires in 3days. I also seriously doubt that none of them were any good. True the majority of legendaries have no chance at being good - but some are always good like (witching hours, iceblimbers, IK gear, and many others.) heck I've probably found only 150 leg in 6 months and probably 30 of them sold on the AH for over 5 million - granted many of them are worth little to nothing now - it's just the case that everyone has good gear now.

In order for this game to get better.

Items are going to have to get better constantly.

drop quality is going to have to increase.

crafting with brimstones is going to have to become relevent.

2 legendaries per hour is nothing special, you will realize that eventually. Check out some D3 streamers, f.e. "Moldran", he and probably 2000 viewers will tell you that this rate is nothing special.

I agree that there are some legendaries that are always worth something, but the majority just isn't. IK gloves and belts sell for 50k now...this is what happens when legendaries drop all over the place.
Come back when you have a stash full of 70 *USEFUL* legs; e.g. Chantodos, Zunimass, Tal rash, IK, Witching hour, VW, Mempos, etc.

Herrr derrr, you ID'd a pile of junk legs including....glad gaunts....and burning ax of sankis....I mean just epic facepalm man, what were you expecting? Godly rolls on your glad gaunts...?

palm'd

If you got bad luck on your ~15 or so legs that could have actually had a shot at being good, hey, guess what? RNG. If it was so easy to get all good rolls every time, guess what? NOTHING WOULD BE WORTH ANYTHING.
12/09/2012 12:20 AMPosted by Kyrone
Due to the most amateurish and horribly design an item-based game has ever seen, these and MANY other "legendaries" don't even have the chance to be good. It would not have mattered leaving this junk on the ground from the beginning.

I'm not even mentioning all the rares I found over this time. None of them was worth anything. 3 days, not one good rare item dropped.

Two very real reasons as to why D3 has been set up to fail.
OP, your gear is amazing, as such, any "upgrade" for you is damn near BiS gear, of course it will take you WEEKS to farm that kind of swag up.

It would take that long in Diablo 2 as well.
1) its possible to average 3 legs per hour. How? Farm the higher mps efficiently, despite what most people are saying about mp0/1. Personally, I farm mp9 35-40 min runs and average 2-3 legs per run.

2) op, I don't know what you're crying about. You're already far ahead of the average in terms of gear, farming speed, sales in 3 days and pace of finding loot.

LOL. This is funny to me. An EXTREMELY mediocre barb telling a well above average barb what to do.

You're wrong about the IK gloves. They're crap unless you're just absolutely loaded. You're wrong about the IK chest. They'd be a HUGE upgrade for you (what's sad is you don't even know it). Does losing 100 vit for 100 str make sense? Depends on your current build. If you think that you need the 100 vit more than that 100 str, you, my friend, have no clue what you're talking about. And no, you do not "need" pickup radius (take it from a barb that farms low mps fairly efficiently and handles mp10 fine).

As for the Witching Hour, it's a matter of preference and I tend to prefer the ls to the dps as you do. That said, you prefer about 6% ls (including your bloodthirst) with about 100k dps; he prefers 3% bloodthirst ls with 200k dps. Guess what? that equals the same amount of life being stolen. You double ls, he doubles dps. Guess who's more efficient? Not to mention he has a ton more loh than you do. Sure, he doesn't get the 60 resists, but the question is, does he really need it?

You can stack the crap out of defense all you like, but the key to having a good char is not only making sure you don't die. It's making sure you don't die while still being able to kill efficiently. He has a much better balance there than you do, believe me.

1. Nothing mediocre about my gear(profile will update soon) I think I am maxed out, any upgrades will set me back 100m and they will be very tiny, maybe 10% improvement at best.

2. I spent 8m on IK gloves. I also have tasker and theo for my barb(two sets), but I think I may resell those(just the cc ones). 9% attack speed is not worth losing a ton of resists. I will keep the other one that has a high ar roll and a split str-vit roll so I have about 100 str+100 vit+socket. Trading ar for cc isn't worth it. With my IK gloves, I get both cc and a double dose of ar. Yes I lose the attack speed, but the cost is way too high for both attack+ar so I chose a high dex+ar as the two randoms.

3. The IK chest armor is only an upgrade dps wise(a few thousand dps), but I would lose a ton of vitality(well over ten thousand!) and ehp and pickup radius. One of my friends spent 70m on a high vit IK chest armor because he's obsessed with being over 3000 str. I am happy being over 2000 str and paying a tenth the cost for mine. Yes, I need the vit, I have twice as much str as vit so I am extremely top heavy.

4. I would gain maybe 15-20k dps with a witching hour, but lose resist and frenzy damage bonus and lifesteal, no thanks. As for 200k dps, no way can I get this high unless I had a billion gold and waste alot of time dying due to low ehp. I find that an ehp under 1m makes me a glass cannon. It certainly is the case with most of the friends I play with.