Dead

Hardcore
RIP to one of the finest heros HC could ask for
Oh man, after Pinky now its Renges.. sad time for fellow Demon Hunter.

Hope you come back stronger, gudluck!
ActionKungfu is a seriously good dude. He gave me a high str ik belt just because he looked at my character BITD and thought that I could use it. And he's already back to 60 on his new dh I amn happy to say. :) See you online tomorrow buddy.
RIP man.

I'm curious about the build you were using. Entangled and strafe and caltops.. don't see many HC DH using that sort of skill setup.

Is that your normal farming build?
I came back with some Hatred, and a lot of people had my back and wanted to help, so I got back to 60 in like 3 1/2 hours.

It was so fast, that kimterran and I are going to be leveling each other another alt.

Hmm.

I wouldn't necessarily mind another backup wiz. Of course current wiz is not to 60 yet. WHY DO I ENJOY DOING IT THE HARD WAY? ;)

Sad to see the RIP, glad to see you're already back. :)
Damn I love the HC community :) thanks for the support everyone.

RIP man.

I'm curious about the build you were using. Entangled and strafe and caltops.. don't see many HC DH using that sort of skill setup.

Is that your normal farming build?

Yup it's my normal farming build. If I play on MP0, I can just wipe the entire screen out while ID'ing items. So I didn't even bother with MP0 anymore unless I was playing with others that wanted to play that, because I'd get complacent... which is exactly what happened. The killing speed between MP0 and 1 felt exactly the same. And I got tired of doing act 3 anyway, so I was also doing act 2 vault runs because the monsters in there are trickier to control.

Renges was feeling himself, bro. He got arrogant and complacent. Soon as I woke up that morning I turned the game on and jumped into MP3 trying to get more act 3 keys, barely awake, trying to go through the normal. And I didn't have enough foresight and the damage was already done when my traps killed me. I should've "warmed up" first.

My build went through a lot of revisions over the past couple of months until it got to that point. Initially it was just a different strafe build, where I'd strafe nonstop, but I had ran into a huge problem keeping enemies in place or dealing with huge bursts of damage. It lacked any sort of control, and it got annoying not having any control. Then I changed the whole style into a trap hunter. Strafe is mainly on my bar for discipline regen through nightstalker, phasing through enemies when I get surrounded, and dealing even more damage if things get hectic.

The damage comes from anywhere from 4-6 sources simultaneously at any given time. 3 sentries, jagged spikes laid all over the place, shock collar procs, and demo grenades.

If it's something like MP0, I'd just drop a few caltrops and then strafe and clear up the trash. When elites roll around I'd set up and they'd melt.

Entangling shot and caltrops keep the monsters clumped up, there's only a handful of monster types that could even land damage on me. You could be in the middle of a pack and not take a single hit unless it's from a projectile dex didn't dodge or you didn't move away from it yourself.

It's a really dangerous build though because, so much damage comes from attacks that don't proc life on hit or take advantage of life steal. As my damage started getting out of control, I had to switch to Blood Moon.

Depending on what I wanted to do, I'd switch around 2 of my passives, alternate my primary between Cinder Arrow, another entangle rune, or a Bola. I'd also change runes for Sentry, Shadow Power(Night Bane, Shadow Glide or Gloom), and Caltrops(Hooked Spines, Torturous). It's very very flexible.

In retrospect, I was dealing so much damage that I should've taken Jagged Spikes off and used Hooked Spines while playing solo, and I would've survived. Like I said, soon as those rippers burst through the door they took a lot of damage and then all of it started reflecting back on me right away, and when I popped Blood Moon to try and restore I was getting nightmared(so I had to smokescreen) and they kept moving all over the place I couldn't get clean shots. I was just using the wrong the runes that run and paid the price.
I came back with some Hatred, and a lot of people had my back and wanted to help, so I got back to 60 in like 3 1/2 hours.

It was so fast, that kimterran and I are going to be leveling each other another alt.

Hmm.

I wouldn't necessarily mind another backup wiz. Of course current wiz is not to 60 yet. WHY DO I ENJOY DOING IT THE HARD WAY? ;)

Sad to see the RIP, glad to see you're already back. :)

If you want to join us when we start doing this, you're more than welcome to.

I've tasted the fruit of the power level.
RIP one nice hellfire ring
Thanks for the explanation. GL with your new DH!!
A post from Lylirra just mentioned that reflect damage does too much damage more than intended from rare minions(champ packs).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7349425431?page=2#39

I was always able to manage reflect from my traps even in higher MP than 3, but like I said when that champ pack came bursting through the door my health shot down and even blood moon couldn't save me. I figured it was because I was just waking up and not paying as much attention as I should, which was probably still the case regardless.

Another interesting thing is that they're going to fix the turrets, hydra, and pets from reflecting damage back to the player.

Honestly, I'm not really concerned with what direction they take reflect damage, but I do wish that it remains(as an affix and not removed down the line). And hopefully some brand new affixes are added in some time in the future.

Live and learn though... and in the meantime, basically when up against a rare champ packs instead of blues that have reflect, I need to leave my turrets alone and just strafe so that doesn't happen again.
That's interesting.. I admit that at mp3, Reflect Damage is the scariest affix for me as turrets DH. I encountered Rare packs (demonic tremors) and the damages from RD just ate up my life regen to the point I had to stop attacking and move to a corner to put a turret where my turret can't shoot them but can heal me. My life went down to about 30% at that time.

If they fix the reflect damage from turrets I think it would be fair since turrets do not proc any LOH for us.
That's interesting.. I admit that at mp3, Reflect Damage is the scariest affix for me as turrets DH. I encountered Rare packs (demonic tremors) and the damages from RD just ate up my life regen to the point I had to stop attacking and move to a corner to put a turret where my turret can't shoot them but can heal me. My life went down to about 30% at that time.

If they fix the reflect damage from turrets I think it would be fair since turrets do not proc any LOH for us.

Yeah fixing the reflect on turrets is a fair deal given the new circumstances. Prepatch the turrets used to be able to proc, anyway.

If I had to choose though, I'd prefer it if the turrets still had proc coefficients but had the weakness of reflecting damage back to us as it does now. That way we could use life on hit to mitigate that, and reap the benefits of crowd control and snares(I would love to mark for death calamity with it). It would be a fair trade-off. Although at the same time it's sort of silly that a turret shot would heal us with life on hit anyway, let alone reflect damage back.

All in all I enjoy the challenge of trying to command the turrets under these conditions anyway, sometimes.
12/11/2012 12:03 AMPosted by ActionKungfu
All in all I enjoy the challenge of trying to command the turrets under these conditions anyway, sometimes.

There is only one problem with that, we can't dismiss summoned turrets! Perhaps if they give us an option to dismiss turrets we should be able to control more..

There is only one problem with that, we can't dismiss summoned turrets! Perhaps if they give us an option to dismiss turrets we should be able to control more..

True.

Also, what I REALLY wanted to be able to do, was throw them. I'd even take a hatred and discipline cost at the same time, to be able to throw them with a specific rune.
True.

Also, what I REALLY wanted to be able to do, was throw them. I'd even take a hatred and discipline cost at the same time, to be able to throw them with a specific rune.

Haha that's a good idea, maybe they could implement it into Custom Engineering passive? would be nice if we can throw them :)
Got complacent, was just breezing through MP3 trying to get some stacks for keywarden.

Went up against champ pack lickers with Reflect, Shield, Nightmarish and Teleporter. I led them to my traps and my health shot down, Blood Moon couldn't save me so I tried to split but they teleported to me.

http://i.imgur.com/8LheP.jpg

RIP Renges, hell of a run.

Hope you know that if you pre-drop traps or any sort of damage spell without activating shadow power you will take the full damage even if you activate shadow power afterward.
Got complacent, was just breezing through MP3 trying to get some stacks for keywarden.

Went up against champ pack lickers with Reflect, Shield, Nightmarish and Teleporter. I led them to my traps and my health shot down, Blood Moon couldn't save me so I tried to split but they teleported to me.

http://i.imgur.com/8LheP.jpg

RIP Renges, hell of a run.

Hope you know that if you pre-drop traps or any sort of damage spell without activating shadow power you will take the full damage even if you activate shadow power afterward.

Yeah I know, I was popping Blood Moon in conjunction with Shock Collar and about 1k life on hit, to try to heal the damage that was already done when they stormed down the hall

Rare minions with reflect are said(from blizz) to do more damage than intended, so be careful in that you should expect more damage reflected back to you than you would from the rare champ, the blue elites, and even seigebreaker(uber or not).

Again everytime I think back about what happened though I could've prevented the situation cause it's not like I hadn't been up against numerous monsters of that same combination even in higher MP.

Pre shadow powering before dropping sentries don't work though, they don't benefit from life on hit nor life steal. Although I think jagged spikes works like shuriken cloud.