hit the gear ceiling, looking for advice

Witch Doctor
Nerzaa:

The others aren't wrong. You are getting nothing out of that Inna's Belt. To be frank, they really aren't even good for monks. They only use them because you get to cast Spirit Wind pretty much for free, which gives them that 50% of their spirit for other attacks, or for spamming Conviction. The % Holy damage and 1% CC aren't worth the primary stat, EHP boost, IAS and CD from a Witching Hour, Pick-up radius, or anything else that you are getting from the Inna's. It is terrible belt. If funds are the concern, an EHP boosting rare (super cheap these days) would serve you better than the Inna's.

Also, there is a reason you can barely find any 2H's other than a Skorn. There is nothing better than that one. It can get any and every weapon stat you could ask for, and you can get good ones cheap thanks for the obscene amount of them available on the AH.

Finally, I agree with you that Avg Damage is good, but not if you stack that and nothing else. I would think that high CD and CC coupled with Avg Damage would be your goal, seeing as that you are looking to deal the most damage possible in a single cast. Look for a good Intelligence Unity. They have have everything you are looking for, even though the LoH would be useless for your build and gear spec.
@eddardstark

they are wrong and so r u.

more ias makes me go out of mana faster fighting extra hp and fleeting.
+% dmg stacks on top of each piece, it is much more powerful for 2 hand than 1 hand.
avg dmg > cd for vengeful spirit type skills.
inna's primary stats are comparable to witching.
skorn isn't the best.
cc/cd isn't the end of all, dps needs to be balanced with ar/armor/hp.
Stop bumping this thread. Nerzaa is set in his ways and will be forever stuck running MP6. Thread closed.

I am sure he has a hellofa time killing elites that run away or ranged since by the time he gets a bear cast off, they have backed up 50 yds and have fired 10-15 shots off.

Nerzaa's attack speed is so slow... ;P
Stop bumping this thread. Nerzaa is set in his ways and will be forever stuck running MP6. Thread closed.

I am sure he has a hellofa time killing elites that run away or ranged since by the time he gets a bear cast off, they have backed up 50 yds and have fired 10-15 shots off.

:) mp6 forever! well, until the day reflects get changed or upgrades become cheap enough to up my defence.

u r absolutely right. i generally skip fleeting and ranged.

btw, i took u and a couple of other's advice and changed my bracer to strongarm after switching my mf gem to hp gem.
12/12/2012 09:28 AMPosted by Nerzaa
more ias makes me go out of mana faster fighting extra hp and fleeting.

I never told you to stack that, but a moderate amount of it certainly wouldn't hurt.

+% dmg stacks on top of each piece, it is much more powerful for 2 hand than 1 hand.

Yes, because 2H has more base damage than a 1H, so it would obviously be better.

How so? Because you are getting more damage for your intelligence stats? How, exactly, does that outweigh the damage of High CC paired with CD, and complimented by Avg Damage? But, if your CC is low, then I can see why you wouldn't bother with CD. However, you need to work on raising that, as there is no single offensive stat that can raise your damage more quickly than CC, and it scales as you get more of it.

inna's primary stats are comparable to witching.

Again, how? Particularly when more than one person has shown the gains you would get through a DPS calculator.

skorn isn't the best.

Once more, how? Show me a 2H that can roll the same stats as a Skorn, with as high stats, other than a 1-in-a-billiion rare, of which you don't have.

cc/cd isn't the end of all, dps needs to be balanced with ar/armor/hp.

Indeed. I agree that CC/CD isn't the very best in isolation. Just like Armor/Resist All isn't the best in isolation. To maximize your damage output, you need a solid balance of CC, CD, Avg Damage, and IAS. Much like to maximize your EHP, you need a solid balance of Armor, RA, Vit, and Life %.

12/12/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Nerzaa
i generally skip fleeting and ranged.

You don't think that it is a problem that you have to skip packs? This isn't the pre-1.04 WD era.

12/12/2012 09:32 AMPosted by ofgortens

That his templar says: "I can't follow you if all we do is stand around," while he is fighting.
How so? Because you are getting more damage for your intelligence stats? How, exactly, does that outweigh the damage of High CC paired with CD, and complimented by Avg Damage? But, if your CC is low, then I can see why you wouldn't bother with CD. However, you need to work on raising that, as there is no single offensive stat that can raise your damage more quickly than CC, and it scales as you get more of it.

i agree. intelligence is definitely the main issue.
IMO... Since you're so godly, Nerzaa. Because that's what that means when you hit the gear ceiling.. Stop asking people for advice. You're obviously stuck in your slow ways so it is what it is.

If I was doing 140k DPS... Lol, I'd be doing my key runs in MP10 instead of MP5/6. Just found the plans the other day in MP6. Wait.. I'm doing 50k less DPS then you and we're in the same MP? Woah. End thread.
12/12/2012 10:59 AMPosted by SunTzu
Because that's what that means when you hit the gear ceiling.. Stop asking people for advice.

fyi, gear ceiling means upgrade cost a leg from here on. and i did get a couple of good advice and helped me with gear choice. that being said, it would been much better if i don't have to go through the rest of nonsense, such as the one you just posted.
Lol. You started the so-called, "nonsense" since you're so inclined to stay so slow. Not much you can do at that point. You can't help out people who know it all. Take what you liked from the thread and dis-regard the rest, you obviously do your own thing since I don't see any other WD with 140k DPS stuck in MP6.

It's gonna be interesting watching you play in PVP. Hope you make some videos of that.
Thread closed
12/12/2012 10:34 AMPosted by Nerzaa
i agree. intelligence is definitely the main issue.

Oh, I see what you did there. What you did not do, which I can understand seeing as how you were too busy coming up with clever quips, was answer any of my questions.
12/12/2012 02:14 PMPosted by EddardStark
Oh, I see what you did there. What you did not do, which I can understand seeing as how you were too busy coming up with clever quips, was answer any of my questions.

just to be fair, you replied with clever quip 1st.

to answer ur questions:

avg dmg is better since none of us crit over 50%. VS is non spammble skill with a cooldown, therefore the biggest dmg for the skill come from avg dmg not critical dmg.

by primary stats, it means vit/int, which are similar. off by 20 is nothing.

skorn is a 2 hand axe, you do more dmg if you crit more. less dmg if you crit less. no need to say more.

skip packs is called farming. i.e. don't waste time chasing things.