Lag At Rakkis Crossing

Technical Support
at patch 1.0.3 I had no lag or whatsoever at this place

now I get this crazy video lag spikes at it! and frankly, it's just too annoying trying on lower settings still my fps drops .. since patch 1.0.4 I've had this issue

please, keep this in mind so in the next patch u can fix this cause I know it's not my pc.. I could run thru Rakkis with no fps drops... now it's a pain going through there x_x!!!!!!!

I hope u guy read this ....
Been doing that for me.When i ran through the fisrt stages of the game tho.Like normale nightmare etc.It wasnt so bad.Now that im in inferno cant even go near that exit.
I also have some very bad lag there on my desktop and laptop.

Desktop is a core i7 920, Geforce 670, 12GB ram and a 120GB intel SSD
Laptop is a core i5 2430, Geforce 540m, 8GB ram and a 180GB intel SSD

This happens across multiple driver revisions.
I've been trying but I can't seem to reproduce it. Can you be specific about the location, difficulty level, MP level, character class and build?

I experienced what I believe you're all talking about when playing with a friend who also had it happen to him but it was more than a month ago and hasn't happened to me since. It was in the area of the two small stairs leading upwards just before the Siegebreaker instance entrance. I play a CM/WW Wizard primarily and my friend uses a Whirlwind Barb. We both had it equally bad at the time but not since.
I've been trying but I can't seem to reproduce it. Can you be specific about the location, difficulty level, MP level, character class and build?

I experienced what I believe you're all talking about when playing with a friend who also had it happen to him but it was more than a month ago and hasn't happened to me since. It was in the area of the two small stairs leading upwards just before the Siegebreaker instance entrance. I play a CM/WW Wizard primarily and my friend uses a Whirlwind Barb. We both had it equally bad at the time but not since.

i had some interesting lag happen to me at rakkis.
ive been running the game on Low sound quality settings as it was suggested for something else a while ago. anyway, normally all is good. today i bumped it up to high settings and it seemed ok at first going through battlefields. i got to rakkis though and things went nuts. as soon as there were lots of breakables, mobs, various effects, plus the music i had running in the background going everything started lagging. i guess the poor little on board realtek device couldnt handle it.

so ive dug out my old SB Audigy 4 and installed it. going to see if it works better :)
just after that location u r talkin about (going backwards), Omrakos

between downstairs and that door that sometimes spawns an elite pack inside or an NPC... I lag a lot hwenever there's a small pack of mobs, also where I lag the worst is in that place that divides in two paths .. close to that event where u have those big worm like things things that puke demons I lag quite bad... I've been reading about it and see I'm not the only one getting this this happens on my WW barb tho.. I'm not sure if that happens with my monk or DH

mp4, inferno
I have a good videocard. And the same happens to me.

At Rakkis the game is unplayable ( 5-8 FPS when more than 10 monsters are at the screen).

It started on this latest patches (1.0.4 if I recall correctly)

I read today about lowering the Sound Quality of the game, and IT WORKED! To my amazement, since the problem was a graphic issue, not sound one.

But now I'm playing Rakkis at full settings, high on everything and I'm smooth all the time at 60 FPS.

Strange fix, but it worked.
just after that location u r talkin about (going backwards), Omrakos

between downstairs and that door that sometimes spawns an elite pack inside or an NPC... I lag a lot hwenever there's a small pack of mobs, also where I lag the worst is in that place that divides in two paths .. close to that event where u have those big worm like things things that puke demons I lag quite bad... I've been reading about it and see I'm not the only one getting this this happens on my WW barb tho.. I'm not sure if that happens with my monk or DH

mp4, inferno

my game just crashed exactly here in HC and my party tells me im very lucky to survive :(.
always fps - game crashes on rakkis crossing.. definately something wrong here.
ive tried everything, latest drivers, reinstall d3 , admin mode, 16bit sound, low gfx/low fx/low res- game runs smooth as eggs anywhere else but rakkis has big fps / crashing problems (running i7 950, GTX470, intel ssd, 6gb ram)
yes i get the same slow fps here, so im forced to stayaway from this bridge:( its to bad blizz team cant reproduce it.
you guys all using realtek onboard sound? i think ive isolated it to my audio drivers, might explain why some people dropping sound quality seems to improve it, ive changed to 16bit sound though and still getting crashes.