Pimp Your Monk: FREE Holiday Service

Monk
Prev 1 3 4 5 14 Next
Opps was trying to hit 100k dps with at least 550 resists that can sustain. I know my Main hand and off hand is horrible. I'm just using lacuni's for the movement speed. I'm farming at 35% movespeed right now just for the exp. But I guess my main goal is to replace my onhand and offhand
Hey mister scraps i got 5 mil.

any advice to me http://d3up.com/b/185709
Firstly, There are a number of contributors on these forums who's input is considerate, valuable and extremely appreciated. I'm not going to compile a list, however, thanks you and to the other folks who give back to the community!

That being said, let's get down to business! :) I geared my Monk to very simply be able to blow through MP0/1. Mission accomplished. I was able to get as far as MP4ish (barely). I have a LONG term plan build up EHP and Life Sustain. At my gold accumulation rate and poor drops, it's going to take a WHILE.

I'm not a stats guy so I been hording my gold to buy rather expensive gear to get me into higher MPs. All my work netted me 6m, lol. I'm happy at 81k DPS, however, seems like with 6m it's going to hard for me to build up EHP/Life Sustain. If you can help, I'm willing to accept :)

KamelJabber - KamelJabber#1103 - 6m

I have a nice even 12.5k elite kills. I like even numbers :D

http://d3up.com/b/149838
Scrapz, first thanks for taking the time to help so many people.

I don't have a whole lot in gold right now but I mainly just need advice, what would be the pieces of gear I need to upgrade the most?
Hi Scrapz can you add me ingame? my budget is 10M

http://d3up.com/b/185761
Sadly, can't seem to find much to upgrade with my 10M budget. MP8 is pretty easy at this point, mp10 is not doable on my damage, though I can survive in a party with higher dps players.
NEZGOLDSTONE -

5m. - Your bracers. as stated above i hate launcis:D Althought you might want to save up another 5-15 mil for another one.

Rest of your build is sold.

KAMELJABBER:

Alot to be changed wtih your set.. You need a ton more vitality on piece which lack it. You need alot more resist...

1. Weapons - Needs sustain, get some LS or LOH.
2. Boots - Need movement speed + 80+ VIT.
3 . Rings - Needs Resist
4. Helm should have at least 1 resist. Sincelife percentage scales with VIT, it's essentially useless to you. 1190 hp gain for you only.. Get a inna's with 40+ resist/ 80+vitality..
5. Chest - same as helm
6. Belt - I would sell it and get a rare but if you love the 4 pc bonus, then keep it. Get either pickup radius or your resist as the random stat.
7. Shoulders - No vit, sell it and get a rare with comparable stats for the same price.

RAGWEED:

Your set looks fine. If I had to replace one piece it would be your shoulders. You would lose some dps but gain a ton more EHP by going double resist in that slot.

Next could use some IAS in your rings, but you would lose paper dps.

Boots could use double resist also.

Weapoons - You have 2 very slow weapons with hardly any ias which means you hit like a grandpa. It's hard to drop yor offhand since it has LS. It's hard to drop your MH because it has so much damage in it.

Whatever you chose, get a 1.4 APS OF for faster switching between your attacks.. That or get a echoing fury@_@
BATTLEEVIL.

10m isn't going to do anythign for you at this point. With your stats, you should survive fine in mp10. Problem is you're not sustaining fast enough. Might want to go with a second lifesteal weapon.

As with everyone, you have too less vit. Your WKL carries 179vit.. Save up and upgrade your ammy or pants with some vit
any advice for my monk sir? :)
dexafilah #1689

Any advice for me? I can do 20-30 mil. Just hit 60 with this monk not too long ago. Just came back to D3 to toy around with it in boredom but am actually enjoying it now.
tred#1387

i almost feel bad bothering you dude...i'd be happy to try and gear myself, but i don't know what to look for.

i've read this whole post and see you comment on people's gear but here is where i'm at. i haven't played much since the huge attack speed nerf way wayyy back in the day. it depressed me to the point of quitting, but i want to try again.

i tried looking at your char profile but the stats seem incorrect (too low dps etc.), unless that's just an indictor of how noobish i am.

i'd love to chat with you in game/get your help, or if you're being slammed, just give me the like the minimum stats of each to strive for and i can AH rage on my own. i just don't know where to start...

i'm really impressed by your generosity, i wish/hope more people play like this...
elerrian#2460

Hi, I am on EU server with budget cca 280m.
Am a bit stuck on upgrading my monk.
Would appreciate any advice.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Elerrian-2460/hero/2316911
hey scrapz,

i'd be very interested in getting your feedback on my build. i know i need better weapons (higher CD+socket for CD) but they are expensive and i have yet to find anything better than what i currently have equipped. i only have about 15mil (how does everyone get so much gold?:) so that kind of limits my options. almost everything that is decent on my build was found or traded/sold for a similar item. basically if you only had 15mil what would you upgrade or what should i upgrade for the most bang for my buck?

thanks in advance. its awesome how you are helping people out. i/we appreciate it!
elerrian#2460

Hi, I am on EU server with budget cca 280m.
Am a bit stuck on upgrading my monk.
Would appreciate any advice.

Ammy - Missing CD. Just add that in with the stats you currently have. May have to drop to 8 CC for a affordable one.

Gloves - Trifecta time baby. Since you are TRing, it might be better to go with 8.5CC/40+/ minimal IAS.

Boots - Needs movement speed

Shoulders - Could move up to a set of vile wards now /w comparable stats. You're essentially paying for the upgrade in armor.

Belt - needs vitality

Bracers - could ramp up that crit chance and bump up that vitality to 80
hey scrapz,

i'd be very interested in getting your feedback on my build. i know i need better weapons (higher CD+socket for CD) but they are expensive and i have yet to find anything better than what i currently have equipped. i only have about 15mil (how does everyone get so much gold?:) so that kind of limits my options. almost everything that is decent on my build was found or traded/sold for a similar item. basically if you only had 15mil what would you upgrade or what should i upgrade for the most bang for my buck?

thanks in advance. its awesome how you are helping people out. i/we appreciate it!

not much to do with 15m in your gear set. You're blackthorne stacking so I don't want to change your choice of gearing..

If anything, I would upgrade your bracers and take advantage of the resistance you're able to get in that slot.

After that, you can replace your right ring. Rings are DPS slots. There are 6 rolls, 5 of them are damage modifiers. It's a waste to use this slot to stack resist.

Weapons definitely could use replacing. Refer to my earlier post regarding weapons /w natural crit vs socket.
6:30. Off work and time to go home.

Signing off for the night. Catch you guys tomorrow.
i have about 15 millions to gear my monk. didnt reach 60 lvl yet. I have my witch doctor to farm lower MP2-3.
I want to get a monk for higher MP for example, 5.

how much more gold do i need and can u give me which legendary to buy. are low-rolled natalya boot+ring worth?
what other piece i should be looking for.
Have about 60M. Looking for most efficient place to start with upgrades. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!