Pimp Your Monk: FREE Holiday Service

Monk
Prev 1 6 7 8 14 Next
dexafilah #1689

Mind checking out my monk?

30m Budget
Whether it's assistance gearing, or just suggestions on what I could improve on, it would be appreciated :)
Diem - Casus#1570 - 3m budget
ARKANIE.

You have 347 Vitality points stacked onto your weapons. Since weapons are the major contributor to overall dps, you cannot change them without turning into a complete glass cannon.

Although you are a little low on resist, you are stacked on armor and have a good balance between the two..

Ring: Easiest spot to pickup some DPS + Vitality. It's missing CC. It may show that you are losing some dps on paper when swapping your rings, but it doesnt account how much tornadoes will be dropped.

4.0CC/Avgdmdg/80dex/Vitality (i say this because you need vit more then you need resist atm) + IAS or CD(if your budget allows). I always go ias but thats me.

After the ring, start saving up more gold. Then do your gloves and ammy.

thanks man! I'll start looking for a ring. I hope my budget allows me to get a trifecta (wishin'). hehehe!

Do you think I should ditch my andariel's visage? Cause of death due to monsters with molten & fire chains affixes not mentioning RD.
heya scrapz,

really heartening to see nice peepz in the community helping out (;
it's really against me to bother you for help, but I've just got back to the game on a 3 week study break and I could really use some advice to fully maximize the limited time i have...

bbmentos#6120
I've been intently reading the forums the past few days and upgraded my glass cannon build to a somewhat balanced build, or I hope so at least LOL
the problem I notice when going to MP5 is that my sustain is... for lack of a better word, crappy and I rely heavily on Serenity, NDE and mobility to survive

my quick guess is that i need to change my 900 LOH OH to >2.5 LS OH... Thats my aim for now
Do you see anything else I am seriously lacking and could do with some upgrading? 200m budget here (lucky streak!)
I'm on GMT+8 timezone so I can probably only catch you here in the forums ._.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: If you don't see the 900 LOH OH fist means I've (impatiently) changed it already :P
hey if you would look me up in game. and check me out. id like more dps and lots more health. i can give you lots of legendary items for you services that i dont need.
Hi! I am trying to help my friend to be able to farm at least on mp5. Tbh I have any idea what to do with a monk (stats rotation etc.), so I ll appreciate a little help ;)

MrBendej - BENDEJ#2604 - 5 mil budget

Ty in advance ;)

PHAM:
You're going to have to regear. The problem is you would lose DPS regearing to a balanced monk.

how is my monk not balanced? I have 700 AR, 550 Armor, 45k hp, 130k dps.

You have too much vitality stacked on your weapons. Never look for vitality on a weapon, only as a added bonus. You drop to 678 if you change both your weapons.

Your ammy is buff, but no vit.
Same with your belt.
Pants: Inna's /w 160+vitality will give you bettter ehp and free some slots up for you. 40+ mil I bought mine on bid a long time ago for 78m.

I have vit on weapons because I don't have them on armor. If I need to regear to have weapon with no vit and armor with vit, then what's the difference compared to the gears I have right now anyway?

Helm - can easily get up to 80 vitality from a inna's and double resist. I like your pickup radius, so it's a tough call whether or not you should drop this slot.

It's my farming helm, for the pickup radius. I picked it up and couldn't sell it for !@#$, so I use it for farming lol. I have a better one with resist and armor.

Shoulders - Vit > Life. 5 percent of 678 vitality is 1186.5hp = 30 Vitality. Under 50m should land you a double resist, 70+ vit and >200dex.

a >200dex shoulder won't help me much with dps. And I have decent vit right now already (45k hp), so new shoulder is the least of my priority.

Ring: I'm sure you have a better ring then your hellfire in your stash.
Weapons: Should have dex since dex scales up your damage, defense, and dodge.
A 1000+Dps 1.2APS weapon /w 100dex/socket/ls should give you about a 4k dps gain over your OF.

i know. I can get +9k dps replacing the hellfire. And that's probably the cheapest upgrade option for me right now.
A good CC Nat reflection is just helluva expensive.

If I upgrade weap, I'm looking for like +15k dps upgrade (+4k dps is more like armor upgrade). This is probably the next possible upgrade for me too. But like you see, I'm stuck with the EF +OH lifesteal setup. I can't lose the LS, so +15k upgrade would probably cost an arm and a leg.
Scrapz, thanks for doing this. I've learned a lot just by going through these pages. If you have time, I could use a little input, too. I feel I might have went wrong with my Nat's. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dogbitten-1802/hero/3640262
PHAM
pham#1413 170mil: +20k dps without sacrificing defense stat, or +30-40k dps with a little lower AR or Vit. Is it possible?

Notice you said WITHOUT sacrificing defensive stats. I gave you a solution to fix the problems. Why ask for help if you know what you're doing and are only going to waste my time then come back to correct the advise I gave you?

Q: how is my monk not balanced? I have 700 AR, 550 Armor, 45k hp, 130k dps.[/quot]

You're balanced in your current gearset.

You said you wanted to up your dps by 20k while maintaining the same EHP. You drop to 678 VIT when switching your weapons.

Weapons are a huge DPS slot, not a EHP slot. If you were to upgrade your weapons, every single time you upgrade your weapons, you will need to look for 100+ vitality in each slot.

Desired Weapons Attributes = DEX/SOCKET/LS/CD. Vit is a bonus but should never be accounted into your overalll vit.

Q: I have vit on weapons because I don't have them on armor. If I need to regear to have weapon with no vit and armor with vit, then what's the difference compared to the gears I have right now anyway.

A: Read above. You are severely gimped when it comes to weapon selection in the future by forcing yourself to find vit in your weapon.

Q: 200dex shoulder won't help me much with dps. And I have decent vit right now already (45k hp), so new shoulder is the least of my priority.

A: Refer to above again. You have decent vit now. Change them weapons. Bye bye Vit.

By gearing a non dps slot with more vit/resist. that frees up your biggest areas to gain dps which are your weapons and jewelery.
dexafilah:

I've been giving advice up till now not knowing what people's goals were.

To give you proper gear advice, What are your goals?

Just a quick analysis says you're lackign vit/res.

Casus:

Add me and I can help you tonight when I'm off work.

BBMENETOS:

Your toon looks good. Could use about 50-100 more resist and vitality though.

Weapon - look like you've already upgraded your OF already. how's the sustain now?

Gloves - They are the weakpoint in your dps game. Since they offer so much vit on them, you will need to find some vit in other places. Finding 50 single resist gloves w/w damage modifers is easy.

Ammy: It's lackign dex. Since you have a nice 200m budget, you might want to drop a good chunk on that on a ammy upgrade with dex. If you could get some vit in this slot, it would be beneficial to you.
Make sure you punch this into dmg calculator before purchasing..

Bracers: Could use more dex. Since you can't really pick up too much more defensive/offensive stats. Money would be spent elsewhere atm.

Shoulders - Easiest place to pick up some vitality.

Helm: Could use resist instead of armor or maybe a double vitality roll since you need some to replace your gloves.

Boots: Might be time to look into Iceclimbers /w double resist:D

NIGHTHAWK:

Add me ingame.

UNHOLY:

With 5m, it's best to go defensive than offensive. 5m builds vary alot depending on what is available in the market at the time.

Add me and I can help you build a set with that budget.
scrapz looking at my character now.. what is the next few things that i need to upgrade?
First off, mad props to your dedication man. How can I improve? I value the stats on all my items too much. I'm afraid of dropping resists and armor (I've recently started switching to crit build and I've already dropped a ton) and I love being a pimp bashing enemies with insane AS. But I want that 100k dps that comes from crit gear. I've been eyeing these 1000k+ dps shenlongs that come with 50% crit dmg. The other option would be to get high crit dmg gear with slots and slot it with emmys but that's slightly out my price range atm. So what do you think? I also love the fireballs from shenlongs. just saying. Thanks!
12/14/2012 11:54 AMPosted by aki95
scrapz looking at my character now.. what is the next few things that i need to upgrade?

First off, you're stacking resist incorrectly. You have physical in your ring, fire in gloves and lightning on your waist..

OWE works by taking your single highest resistance + your all resist to equate to a final all resist. You cannot stack different resist.

IMO the strongest piece out of the 4 is probably your amulet. Weakest is your ring. So you'll have to pick which resist you want to stack.

Priority of replacement

Bracers: Your bracers are the weakest piece of your toon. Lacunis are junk IMO.

Look for a 100dex/80vit/double resist =90 / 4.5CC for the best overall upgrade.

Helm - Useless int roll, gives you 11 more resistance. Could use a secondary resist

Shoulders - Useless int roll, gives you 7 more resistance. Get a secondary resist instead

Shoes - Useless roll - grab a secondary resist.

Belt - Grab the right resist..

Boots - Nat's boot with no ring... hmmm. The only reason to wear these boots are to get the +7 CC bonus from the 2 piece.. Go with a rare or iceclimbers instead if you're not getting the ring
Doing those upgrades first will allow you to not sacrifice your dps while gaining EHP stats.
12/14/2012 12:05 PMPosted by newbatthis
First off, mad props to your dedication man. How can I improve? I value the stats on all my items too much. I'm afraid of dropping resists and armor (I've recently started switching to crit build and I've already dropped a ton) and I love being a pimp bashing enemies with insane AS. But I want that 100k dps that comes from crit gear. I've been eyeing these 1000k+ dps shenlongs that come with 50% crit dmg. The other option would be to get high crit dmg gear with slots and slot it with emmys but that's slightly out my price range atm. So what do you think? I also love the fireballs from shenlongs. just saying. Thanks!

what budget are you working with?
Upgrayedd#1614

On a 5-10M budget at the moment, I really just care about damage more than anything because i prefer farming on lower MP levels. Is there anything I can upgrade to get alot more damage without having to get alot more gold?
@scrapz

I sent you a request from bendej ;)
Upgrayedd#1614

On a 5-10M budget at the moment, I really just care about damage more than anything because i prefer farming on lower MP levels. Is there anything I can upgrade to get alot more damage without having to get alot more gold?

5-10m, nope.

If you don't care about dropping the EHP from your belt. Go with a cheap inna's for about 4k dps gain for 2-3m.
Was still hoping for some feedback either in game or here.
12/14/2012 12:30 PMPosted by oogliefrank
Was still hoping for some feedback either in game or here.

oogliefrank, i msged u in game twice but u were away and didnt respond

What did you want to do with your toon?
No worries, I messaged you and you were busy too, it happens. That and I have 8 kids so often times i get called away from the computer.

Trying to maximize it so that I can do the highest MP ubers possible, while hopefully still being able to farm low MP reasonably.

Right now, Im getting the hang of play style again after switching back from my barb, but I can't really handle anything over MP 4. As far as Ubers- the best I can do is MP 2.

That seems pathetic. Now, I know some of it is getting into the swing of things with monk, and some of it is that in general I'm not a very good player, but I'd like to see how to maximize my character. Sitting on 100 mil now and would like to maximize what I can for 90 million.

My resists feel pathetically low. I'm pretty happy with where my armor is. I'd like to see my dps go up but I dropped dps to get LS/LoH.