Reporting bots as a real life threat

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Reporting bots....hahaha
This reminds me of WoW when burning crusade first came out. People were foaming at the mouth to "report" a player who was under level 58 in Outland. lol

Americans.
12/24/2012 04:30 AMPosted by Joker
Americans.

Really? This is where your mind went?
lol in game bot report is dumb as hell...Botters play by themselves how the hell are you going to report someone thats not on your friendslist and they play make their own game?
Every time I get a random friend request from a gold seller I report them for "Real Life Threat" and for the reason I type "He told me he would kill me if I didn't buy gold from him".

It may be the wrong to do this but I am absolutely annoyed with getting 10 friend requests every damn day from these a$$holes.

There should be an option to reject all friend requests unless that person knows your last name. If someone tries to send you a friend requests they will get a box pop-up that asks them to enter recipients last name and if you cannot the request doesn't get sent.
There should be an option to reject all friend requests unless that person knows your last name. If someone tries to send you a friend requests they will get a box pop-up that asks them to enter recipients last name and if you cannot the request doesn't get sent.

100% this. Why isn't this coded... 12 months ago?
Hey check out my new 1.0.6a setup and subscribe to my channel! http://youtu.be/BdUYLOj2t2U
I only get one every day or two, not a big deal, just decline.
Reporting "bot" is just going to be a bunch of idiots using another "i dont like you" button. Just block people or report for spam, either way that persons removed from your visual in chat.
I really suggest since this AH thing has been a hit n miss on the game design that we just be given offline mode. If we want to group with friends or the such, give a LAN option.
LOL this is why I don't even report bots. I just ignore it cause it isn't any of my business.
Did you know if a Moderator don't like you for whatever reasons or even if they suspect you of trolling on EA forums like say you bought Battlefield 3. They can ban your forum account which automatically bans your game account?

This is why its dangerous to report people and get involved in what does not concern you.

I got banned by a Blizz moderator several years ago for using abusive language. I never used any inapropriate language either. He just didn't like that i said he was ignoroant of a certain situation. He's still a Blizz mod too, so I won't be saying his name. I try to stay outta other peoples/bots business myself now.
i dont get it the game is dead why even bother with bots now
Lol you guys actually warn people that are botting.

F me in the !@#$, just instantly ban them. They already know what they are doing is abusing the game. Stop being a bunch of ****ies and grow a pair. Anything that isn't suppose to be done in game should receive instant and harsh reprimands.
i only have one thing to say, lylirra is very hot!!!!! hellooooo :)
I played over 500 hrs solo and stayed away from the public games because I didn't want to get involved in all the crap that comes with public games. There are the bots that just run through the map with one purpose. There are the real players who are scamming with bogus trades and wanting to see your gear. There are the weak players that just want to tag along, not necessarily saying it's bad, but just say so and I wouldn't have a problem with it. And the list goes on and on. I know this because after the 500hrs of not finding anything good in solo games, the minute I jumped in the public games, i started finding better gear. So now I feel I have to play public games occasionally to get anything good out of the run. Not to mention the accomplishements for co-op, if that's your thing.

So i've gotten to the point where I jump into a public game and just don't want to be bothered by other players and follow along until it doesn't suit my needs.

I may not want to talk to you, it doesn't mean I'm a bot.
I don't want to follow you, it doesn't mean I'm a bot.
I don't want to show you my gear, it doesn't mean I'm a bot.
I don't want to trade with you, it doesn't mean I'm a bot.
I follow a set pattern for farming, it doesn't mean I'm a bot.

I can see it now, the minute they institute player in game bot reporting, I'll have to start justifying why I'm NOT a bot and Blizzard will have to waste their time and mine over it.

Just let blizzard be the cops and stop trying to regulate the game. The recent ban wave shows that they can do it and a lot more effectively without players adding more white noise.

Totally agree with Ramolap.
- I don't hunt public game cuz it have only MP0, I like to run solo game at MP7 with a same set pattern over and over again.
- Why would botters play public games so that others will report them? Don't you think they only play solo game to avoid people ?
-Those that don't talk in public game: maybe they don't like to talk, or busy trying to maintain uber form like Berserker or Archon, that don't mean they bot.
I think people should be allowed to bot when it comes to farming and grinding, considering that fat !@#$%^ Jay Wilson made the game out to be all about those very things instead of something that remotely resembles anything fun. I tried liking this game for three months, then I never played it again, and can't seem to get rid of the lingering hate towards Jay Wilson and the sucky development team that took one of the best games of all times and killed it off in a disgusting way.

I mean srsly, who intentionally makes a game about grinding? That's THE most boring concept of any game ever made. Is he retarded? That's a rhetorical question and the answer is "yes!".
bump
12/21/2012 12:55 AMPosted by Adashra

We're looking to add an in-game option for reporting possible botters. Until that's implemented, though, it's best to use the steps provided. :)

And may you provide us a guide which explains how to identify a botter??

How is it that the same site is always spamming on the top threads mmobay, @%%*#@@!*@ or something. You guys are clowns, even your official forums are constantly spammed on the home page by the same gold selling site, and you guys are cracking down on it right??...... Seriously I'm glad d3 was so ugly, now I know to only buy indie only PC games, gl trying to sell your next game you thieves.
AH things disappear, and the money was gone