Almost done with Achievements but...

General Discussion

No worries, its just bugged since 8 months, take your time.

This.
We know that many of you are eager to complete these challenging achievements, but they won’t be ready for the initial 1.0.7 PTR build we have coming out, and we don't have a current ETA for when the fixes will be implemented.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to also point out another bug where I am not able to identify all of my items at once.

+1

Thats still only the achievement. They have a bug with WW barb DC that was since May lol...
01/14/2013 03:54 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I just wanted to jump in really quickly to let you guys know that the issues with these achievements are definitely on our radar. We’re currently working on bug fixes for some of them, and we’ll let you know just as soon as they're ready for primetime. We know that many of you are eager to complete these challenging achievements, but they won’t be ready for the initial 1.0.7 PTR build we have coming out, and we don't have a current ETA for when the fixes will be implemented.

On the radar - check.
Fixes for some - check.
We'll let you know - check.
No ETA - check.

Business as usual.
Just to jump in here, I've got a bug in which my first level 60 character (a wizard) never counted for Two There Are, Class Warfare, and Sanctum Savants. My second level 60 character (a witch doctor who 60'd in 1.06) did register fine.

Are there any plans to address this bug?
I find it hilarious that achievements advertised as being included with the original product still do not work 8 months after charging customers $60.

What happened to business ethics and quality products?
01/14/2013 04:01 PMPosted by Odin

Applause. It's threads like these that let you know what matters most to them.
I just wanted to jump in really quickly to let you guys know that the issues with these achievements are definitely on our radar. We’re currently working on bug fixes for some of them, and we’ll let you know just as soon as they're ready for primetime. We know that many of you are eager to complete these challenging achievements, but they won’t be ready for the initial 1.0.7 PTR build we have coming out, and we don't have a current ETA for when the fixes will be implemented.

I believe there are even more that are unachievable than mentioned in the original post. One of Shen's conversations cannot be completed making at least two achievements unobtainable. Why are you only working on bug fixes for some of these? Why not all of them? These are the types of things that should be fixed with patches, especially major patches like this. Ideally, they would have been fixed months ago or actually tested before the game came out so they would have been achievable on day one. These are the little things you've done that add up and frustrate your community.
. We’re currently working on bug fixes for some of them, and we’ll let you know just as soon as they're ready for primetime.

Hah! Some of them? I guess 8 months isn't enough time to iron out these issues.
Bump for Blizzard's shame.
01/14/2013 04:07 PMPosted by TopStock
A quick use of the search engine really helps. I looked on dogpile.com and found my answer within seconds.

pretty sad... why bother then? i guess painting by colors is still painting

People shouldn't be so lazy as to not even take a few seconds of their time and do the works themselves.
You guys are extremely disrespectful to our CM's! Sigh... please just be glad they respond and know the issue instead of being silent to us. Vaeflare doesn't deserve all these smarky remarks.
Fix the achievements which are not granted even when you have completed all the requirements (like Thorough investigation, Bestiaries, so on). These are really annoying.
Cool that you reply to this, but the fact is we already knew that you know about it, and are working to fix it, we've known that for a long time.
But what about all the ones you aren't talking about?
I've still not gotten my:
-The Last of the Horadrim (just because I was one of the first to play your game, I'm punished by not getting the achievment everyone else got, and no fix in 8 months?)
-Just Deserts
-Wanderer of Caldeum
-A World of Pain
All the same as the first. These should be so easy to fix, even just resetting them to zero would make me happy. Would only take an hour or so to get them all. And now some of the coolest banner feats are locked away from me and unobtainable, really sucks!

And this is not being reckognized. I think there was one small side-mention months ago, but that wasn't specific.
I know that not that many have this problem, but are we worth any less than the rest?

On the radar - check.
Fixes for some - check.
We'll let you know - check.
No ETA - check.

Business as usual.

I read this then left the thread, and five minutes later I was still giggling so I had to come back just to give you a +1 for this comment.
This is the first game I've ever played where a bunch of achievements simply don't work correctly. Is it that hard to get this stuff fixed?

I made my own bugged achievements list 7 months ago on the bug report forum but nobody cared. Every day I check the forums on the known issues list now that they have only narrowed down to a few bugged achievements (I know not everything is listed there) but if you go and check the front page there is always somebody reporting a bug regarding achievements. I'm sure if something is being done there should be more transparency.
01/14/2013 04:01 PMPosted by Odin
We know that many of you are eager to complete these challenging achievements, but they won’t be ready for the initial 1.0.7 PTR build we have coming out, and we don't have a current ETA for when the fixes will be implemented.

lol
Ideally, they would have been fixed months ago or actually tested before the game came out so they would have been achievable on day one.

Yeah, well, about that.

Most of them (for example, the Covetous Shen "Victory" conversation that doesn't happen and prevents you from obtaining THREE achievements) were in the game properly when it dropped. They were subsequently BROKEN by patches and have not been fixed since.

These are the little things you've done that add up and frustrate your community.

+100