I don't get what's so wrong...

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 Next
Posted by Thathdora
Diablo has never been about the gear...but rather the build and the skills and stats.
You are so wrong. Gear is what made the difference between two people having the same build. There were only a few really viable builds you could make in D2, the gear is what separated the good players from the bad. Everyone can have the same base stats and skill point distribution. Only people with the correct gear to compliment and exceed the potential of base stats were at the top. It was an entire science dedicated to PRECISE gear you needed to succeed.

That is so wrong. You could beat hell in just about any build, if you knew how to play it. The gear had little to do with its viability, rather was an addition to the build...at least for many. I beat hell in so many different builds, none of them special or researched, on all possible classes. I never used anything but the gear I could buy from the vendors or what I happened to pick up. In fact...I played almost totally solo. To say that it was gear based is just crazy...and totally wrong. Before you start asserting stuff, might be a good idea to actually play the game and learn about what you are speaking. There are plenty of videos of players beating hell naked. Obviously, its not about gear if they can do that.

What you say is incorrect in most points.

Yes there were Ironman groups that did beat hell naked, but this were premades who also met on TS. Tell me how many people were like that? Not even 1%.

You said you played solo naked, well I doubt you did. What you did is buying gear from vendors, having gold transfered to your char so you could - rerunning area´s to get xp. Yes you get to the end of the game like that but you wont beat it.

Beating the game means that you clear every mob, finish every quest, find every WP and lets face it you had to skip mobs due their immunities all the time as a solo player with no gear. Even with gear there were mobs that solo players just had to skip, Diablo never was made for solo gaming - thats why they put in those obstacles.
You wont be able to do specific quest´s like Ancients unless you generate a new game for hours until their immunities are doable for your spec.

So to sum up, yes you could kill Baal naked or with any spec - but you still were unable to beat the game and later farm properly.

Spec & Gear was all that mattered at D2, every class had 2-3 specs that were viable in hell for farming and progressing - the rest was not that usefull unless in a group like with the pally or barb who could be played as Auradin or Shouter.
Gear wise you must have atleast Enigma & Infinity for your merc to be able to farm properly.
This game is a mindless grind the most simple minded of noobs can master in short time. The only ones left playing are delusional.
01/05/2013 09:41 PMPosted by Espinosa
Even with gear there were mobs that solo players just had to skip, Diablo never was made for solo gaming - thats why they put in those obstacles.

That's the one false part of your statement. A solo summon necro could kill ANYTHING given enough time, even physical immunes.(thanks amp damage) Also, my orb/meteor/fireball sorc + merc could kill any group in the game as well. Static/merc/teleport would kill fire/cold res if I so choose.
People seem to be missing the primary difference between D2 and D3: In Diablo II, different pieces of equipment did different things. In Diablo III, different pieces of equipment do exactly the same thing. Diablo II also had multiple builds for each class. Since all gear applies to all builds in Diablo III, once you have one Wizard at level 60, you have all of them.

It's not so much that Diablo III is bad. It's that it's very, very short. There is zero reason to keep playing once you reach level 60 with a particular class, so you level up each class and then you're done.
People seem to be missing the primary difference between D2 and D3: In Diablo II, different pieces of equipment did different things. In Diablo III, different pieces of equipment do exactly the same thing. Diablo II also had multiple builds for each class. Since all gear applies to all builds in Diablo III, once you have one Wizard at level 60, you have all of them.

It's not so much that Diablo III is bad. It's that it's very, very short. There is zero reason to keep playing once you reach level 60 with a particular class, so you level up each class and then you're done.

That's interesting...I could have sworn some of the items on my DH only apply best to certain skills.
01/06/2013 09:44 AMPosted by Utukka
Even with gear there were mobs that solo players just had to skip, Diablo never was made for solo gaming - thats why they put in those obstacles.

That's the one false part of your statement. A solo summon necro could kill ANYTHING given enough time, even physical immunes.(thanks amp damage) Also, my orb/meteor/fireball sorc + merc could kill any group in the game as well. Static/merc/teleport would kill fire/cold res if I so choose.

As I said, hitting mobs for over an hour is not beating the game. I had a Nec too but this one wasnt naked as your chars were (your words).
Even with a full army of skelletons, mages and summons it took ages to do a baal run. And a nec did depend on the skill points if played as summoner, if you as a naked player were at hell it must have taken days to clear an act.

The same thing you could do at D3 on release as well, just pull every pack to the guards in town. Thats one way of playing but its not beating the game.

And how your merc kills immunes without Reaper or infinity I want to see. Fact is, if mobs were immun you couldnt kill them unless you had specific gear that did remove their immunity´s.
01/04/2013 03:48 PMPosted by Arsonyst
Previously Captain said that inexperienced people can make great games, the question was sarcastic, but still relevant. The team that took on D3 had little to no experience in making ARPG's, by saying that experience doesn't count towards a project or view is quite ignorant imo. Also it's also suggestive that Jay Wilson and his team DID in fact do a good job, which they didn't

My question is, what are you still doing here if you dislike it so much?

Been here since day 1. played almost 8 - 12 hours daily, now I log in to check AH, then log out.

the answer is:

I want to like this game, I want to love D3, like many people out there, however the game is too disappointing. I'm still around to wait/see improvements to the game that it should be, not what it is now.

Just check out this thread

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7416067050

Should answer your question perfectly

That's interesting...I could have sworn some of the items on my DH only apply best to certain skills.

You mean the only 2 Class specific items you're wearing. Whats your point?
01/06/2013 07:27 PMPosted by Kittehx

My question is, what are you still doing here if you dislike it so much?

Been here since day 1. played almost 8 - 12 hours daily, now I log in to check AH, then log out.

the answer is:

I want to like this game, I want to love D3, like many people out there, however the game is too disappointing. I'm still around to wait/see improvements to the game that it should be, not what it is now.

LOL, 8-12 hours daily...no wonder you're bored so quickly. You must not be over 18, now it all makes sense...

Point is, is I want to have a different build, I'll have to not only adjust the items for the skill bonus, I'll have to re-adjust my dex/vitality which means getting different items.

Also, when PvP is released, I'll have to have a whole set for PvP and a whole set for MF/GF/farming...right now it's a mix of both so I don't have to keep switching.
As I said, hitting mobs for over an hour is not beating the game. I had a Nec too but this one wasnt naked as your chars were (your words).
Even with a full army of skelletons, mages and summons it took ages to do a baal run. And a nec did depend on the skill points if played as summoner, if you as a naked player were at hell it must have taken days to clear an act.

The same thing you could do at D3 on release as well, just pull every pack to the guards in town. Thats one way of playing but its not beating the game.

And how your merc kills immunes without Reaper or infinity I want to see. Fact is, if mobs were immun you couldnt kill them unless you had specific gear that did remove their immunity´s.

I'm not the person you were speaking with originally, my characters weren't naked. It really didn't take that long with even a poor summon necro to beat the entire game, hell included. Skeleton mages were a waste of points, better off adding to Bonespirit to boost with killing phys immunes. The maggot lair was the only real issue due to the limited quarters. Also as you apparently didn't know, amplify damage removed physical immunity, hence, a merc + army could kill physical immunes. Incase you also forgot, decrepify made bosses "bugged" in my opinion and made them easy prey. Corpse explosion was another beauty for killing quickly, it might've fit the game to start playing a song by drowning pool called "let the bodies hit the floor" when you get the first body for CE. As for speed, a teleport staff on switch or an amulet with tele charges albeit expensive, saved alot of time.

For the merc comment again, if you're referring to the sorc, the odds of a fire/cold/phys immune were extremely rare if not impossible. If it was possible, it might be the first one to skip few and far between but if you really wanted to kill it. A mixture of static, a wand switch with amp damage on it, teleport micro to keep merc alive, and enough health potions would git it done.

Point is, is I want to have a different build, I'll have to not only adjust the items for the skill bonus, I'll have to re-adjust my dex/vitality which means getting different items.

Also, when PvP is released, I'll have to have a whole set for PvP and a whole set for MF/GF/farming...right now it's a mix of both so I don't have to keep switching.

Why would you have to adjust your dex/vit?? I think you're over valuing those type of items honestly.

You don't really need a MF/GF set. It's called Paragon levels.
01/06/2013 08:58 PMPosted by Alcovitch
You don't really need a MF/GF set. It's called Paragon levels.

Paragon + MF/GF gear = more MF/GF% which = more quality drops in less amount of time. It's called doing the math.
i started to play diablo3 at the release like everyone else after i mounth i leaved d3 cause of lake of good gear. its been 3 day i restarted to play deleting all my 60 and starting a new barb selling any blue or yellow and event legendary that was not useful for me and i restarted with a little 2k gold.

after the third day i hit lvl60 i collected for almost 4 500 000 gold and burned it into the ah for better gear and better games experience, im in act 3 inferno and i freaky love the games yes that still the same and long boring quest but i have to lvl up my paragon lvl and grinding more money for more powerful gear again and i all my experience during those 3 day was omg the game is now so much cooler then the release.

3 real reason bring me back to diablo 3

1) Legendary are legendary i mean they are better then yellow and blue gear now.
2) paragon level something to do while grinding money and gear togot more money and better gears
3) ponyland and the new content the machine, i aleardy done ponyland till hell now im missing the inferno one and i want to reach the two secret lvl.

so thank you blizzard and continue to improve the games.
I am about to blow your mind.

It is my OPINION that this game (D3) is decent. When a friend asked me if I liked the game when I first got it I said, "Meh".

I have an insane amount of hours played in the game. I have an insane amount of knowledge about this game. But wait, why am I playing a game I do not like?

The #1 reason: RMAH.

Yadda, yadda, yadda RMAH isn't as much money as a minimum wage job. I don't care. I am getting paid for my HOBBY; and that is awesome IMO.

The #2 reason: I don't see any better games.

The moment I find a better game I will ditch this one. Not even money will keep me here. This is a diss at the gaming industry, not a praise of D3.

So to elaborate on the original topic: I will complain about things I do not like. It does not matter if you think it is "seemingly stupid"; if I do not like it I will complain. Here is the kicker: WE ALL LIKE DIFFERENT THINGS! Even though you like this game someone else may not. OMG shocking! That should answer your rhetorical question (LMAO won't even go there).

And I completely disagree with you. This game has been too easy from the get go. I beat the game before inferno was nerfed. I currently farm MP 10 just for a challenge. Inferno is not hard and never has been.

In my honest opinion, there is nothing wrong with this game. It is perfectly fair and provides a reasonable challenge. If it wasn't hard, it wouldn't be called Inferno. You can sit here and say that the game is broken, but what I really think is that YOU are broken. Use your minds and stop trying to get Blizzard to make a game that plays itself for you, rather than you playing it. Try it sometime, it's addictive.

Now what? Can I say the game is broken? Can I complain about your perfect game as long as I don't complain it is too hard? Blizzard didn't beat the game for me and I still do not find it addictive. How long do I have to try it before it becomes addicting? Can I make my own thread complaining about other peoples complaints? I don't get what is so wrong with you. I think you are broken.
wait...you've been playing since launch and you have only 2k kills? :O

the answer is:

LOL, 8-12 hours daily...no wonder you're bored so quickly. You must not be over 18, now it all makes sense...

lol throwing insults at my age. How mature. I'm guessing no comments on the link because you finally understand the answer to your question of "What's so wrong with the game" because it answers it?
You said you played solo naked, well I doubt you did. What you did is buying gear from vendors, having gold transfered to your char so you could - rerunning area´s to get xp. Yes you get to the end of the game like that but you wont beat it.

Beating the game means that you clear every mob, finish every quest, find every WP and lets face it you had to skip mobs due their immunities all the time as a solo player with no gear. Even with gear there were mobs that solo players just had to skip, Diablo never was made for solo gaming - thats why they put in those obstacles.
You wont be able to do specific quest´s like Ancients unless you generate a new game for hours until their immunities are doable for your spec.

You are an absolute idiot. I never said I played naked. I did not ever transfer gold to a character, nor did I rerun areas to farm for gold to upgrade. D2 was never difficult enough to need to do that. Diablo 2 was all about solo gaming, and obviously you are really bad at the game, or you would know that. It was not difficult and it was fun. I rarely died at the ancients, and if I did, would be fine the second time through. I can only remember one time they were really a challenge. I never skipped areas or groups, and I did clear the whole game and all mobs multiple times and did every quest.
01/07/2013 10:57 PMPosted by bhowie
Diablo 2 was all about solo gaming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrli-by8oOU

Jay W. seems to disagree