I don't get what's so wrong...

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 16 Next
01/02/2013 10:31 AMPosted by Thathdora
Now, I may be going out on a stretch here, but you need to collect all the valuable items (rares) and use the ones that will work for you and sell off the other ones on the AH to make gold. The more gold you make, the more you have for more worthy items. This is how I play the game, all the items I collect I convert to gold, and then use the gold to purchase better gear, unless a good one drops for me, then I'll keep it and use it. Following this simple method, I never once had too much trouble tackling any of the game's objectives/difficulties and kept my stats up to par with my level. It is not hard to find good gear on the AH...I just got a pretty sweet bow with great stats for what I need at the moment for only 203,000 gold. You need to be smart and think. I know, it's hard for some people.

Well first off, with 2k elite kills, and just starting in Inferno, you have no idea what you are talking about. To be successful in Inferno, especially before the last major patch, you couldn't find enough loot to convert to gold to have a chance at purchasing items that were good enough to allow you to progress. If you wanted to find them yourself, it wasn't even a possibility. The items that drop are utter uselessness, the only way to gear up is through the AH, and thats expensive. Most ARPG's your skills (in game on character), and skill (as a player) determined how dominant you were and how far you could progress. The gear was an afterthought, with some nice perks that allowed multiple builds. Here the only thing that actually matters is how good you are on the AH, and how much money you have available on your credit card. That is why many are upset and complain. Additionally, when you start grinding for gold and drops after level 60, this game is totally repetitive and boring. When you start to get to that point, you too will start to have negative feelings about the game, and what could have been.

Again, I've already been to that point. What you are describing to us all is what an RPG is. You obviously play WoW and should know better that you as well are subject to a long grind at the level cap. I mean, how many times do you need to run an instance to get the drop you're looking for? Diablo 2 was no different in this respect, constant Baal runs to get the armor for my zon, took me days and hours of doing it to finally get a drop. I'm older now, I don't have that kind of time and neither do a lot of other players, the AH is a magnificent tool. You will learn to appreciate it more when the PvP is released and you're getting your keister handed to you because you're getting tremendously out-geared.
...and somehow magically you're not doing the same in this game? Collecting crafting material, gear that can be used for a reroll, gems, trinkets, plans, pages, etc?

EDIT: Uhhh, not to mention the VAST amount of stash space as compared to it's predecessor to store said reroll items.

Rerolling? Are you kidding?
Crafting? In D3? Doesn't come close.
Trinkets, plans and pages? ... sure ... ? ...

Yeah, the stash is somewhat better.

I don't say everything is bad.
Don't really miss the potion belt and the id/tp scrolls.
Graphics and combat is good too, imo. Much smoother.

Still having ideas about alts, so not done yet..
I't just .. man .. it could have been so much more!
01/02/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Arsonyst
Again, I've already been to that point. What you are describing to us all is what an RPG is. You obviously play WoW and should know better that you as well are subject to a long grind at the level cap. I mean, how many times do you need to run an instance to get the drop you're looking for? Diablo 2 was no different in this respect, constant Baal runs to get the armor for my zon, took me days and hours of doing it to finally get a drop.

The problem with that is the grind becomes lackluster in Diablo 3 when compared to Diablo 2 simply due to inferior itemization.

Even as my first diablo game I found that to be a disappointment and it becomes detrimental for a loot-based game.

This article gives a good explanation on the subject:

http://www.shadowedblade.net/2012/07/itemization-the-bane-of-diablo-3/

People complain mostly because the game forces this kind of play style, obsessive farming of repetitive routes, with crappy drops and reliance on the AH to advance your character. Very few casual players want to play for weeks on end to grind out enough gold to buy one upgrade, and that is what the game has been reduced to by a combination of !@#$ty drops and hugely inflated AH prices.

That the the replay value on the game is ZERO. By the time you get to max level you've cleared the story line path what? Three full times? Working on a fourth... That's on one toon. There's no variation, no real random dungeon crawls.... just the same old %^-* over and over, which gets even worse when you really start trying to farm gear and be "smart about your play style."

Are you joking me? You think D2 was any different in terms of repetition and running the same sequence over and over? I had to MF run Diablo and Baal, gee, I couldn't even count, millions of times to get good gear? And I was lucky if the exact gear I was looking for for one of my toons was the one that dropped...the drop rates are no different in this game, I had to resort to trade and once to buying an item online (Windforce) because the drop rate was so low it just never dropped. At least with the AH in this game I have quick access to find an item I need that someone else doesn't without having to spend hours running a boss. It also takes off the scam element trade had in the previous title.

You have 2000 elite kills. Think back to this post when you reach 20k+.

The problem with the game is that it becomes a snoozefest way too quickly.

Thanks, you're one of those people that likes to look at profiles and determine a person's credibility on the matter because of how high their numbers are. I've been playing Diablo since it's conception, I unfortunately don't have that as well as my age on the profile. If you find it to be a snoozefest, you don't have to play it.

Doesn't seem like you actually want honest opinions here. Your post was titled "I don't get whats so wrong..." These people gave you insight into that topic and you just sh$% all over it.

Done with this thread. OP is a troll.

0/10

Would not post again
Doesn't seem like you actually want honest opinions here. Your post was titled "I don't get whats so wrong..." These people gave you insight into that topic and you just sh$% all over it.

Done with this thread. OP is a troll.

0/10

Would not post again

Later.

You have 2000 elite kills. Think back to this post when you reach 20k+.

The problem with the game is that it becomes a snoozefest way too quickly.

Thanks, you're one of those people that likes to look at profiles and determine a person's credibility on the matter because of how high their numbers are. I've been playing Diablo since it's conception, I unfortunately don't have that as well as my age on the profile. If you find it to be a snoozefest, you don't have to play it.

It is a legit response. If you haven't played and grinded this game long enough without the use of RMAH to acquire gear, your arguments really have some light weight because you have not gone through what the "whiny b******" have. I agree with Zaxxon23, come back when you have more elite kills (on inferno mode). 20k should give you an indication and if that is not enough, go for some 50k elites and see if your opinion stays the same with this ridiculous itemisation and "RNG".

It is a legit response. If you haven't played and grinded this game long enough without the use of RMAH to acquire gear, your arguments really have some light weight because you have not gone through what the "whiny b******" have. I agree with Zaxxon23, come back when you have more elite kills (on inferno mode). 20k should give you an indication and if that is not enough, go for some 50k elites and see if your opinion stays the same with this ridiculous itemisation and "RNG".

I didn't once use the RMAH to acquire any of my gear, I just used accumulated gold whenever I saw fit and used AH to buy more expensive gear by trading. Many times too, a piece I needed dropped. It actually happens, believe it or not.

Sounds more like you're mad and rebellious for some reason, so you chose to play the game a more difficult way because you are opposed to the AH, and somewhere you go off on a logical fallacy thinking it makes your opinion more credible for doing this for 50k elite kills, when really it just demonstrates you actually (lol) took the time to play the game the inefficient way. Then you complain about how terrible the game is and how much you hate it yet you continued playing it to 50k elite kills, so clearly you mustn't hate it that much?

Heh...

I didn't once use the RMAH to acquire any of my gear, I just used accumulated gold whenever I saw fit and used AH to buy more expensive gear by trading. Many times too, a piece I needed dropped. It actually happens, believe it or not.

Sounds more like you're mad and rebellious for some reason, so you chose to play the game a more difficult way because you are opposed to the AH, and somewhere you go off on a logical fallacy thinking it makes your opinion more credible for doing this for 50k elite kills, when really it just demonstrates you actually (lol) took the time to play the game the inefficient way. Then you complain about how terrible the game is and how much you hate it yet you continued playing it to 50k elite kills, so clearly you mustn't hate it that much?

Heh...

Actually I use the AH with the items I find ingame. However, I do not use any real money to buy anything. I can assure you I have efficient farming. The point with the 50k elites was that at that point, you have played for so long that you have gotten an idea of what the drops are really like. Therefore when someone who played for a longer time expresses their thoughts and opinions about drops etc, it weights much more than a beginner who has yet to reach that level of experience in the game. This is not just a game thing, you can easily relate it to anything in real life. If you ask a college student about string theory and you have a professor right next to him correcting him, whos word would weight more? The experienced professor or the just starting student? Get real. This is not about harassing you in any way, as if people around here know you to care that much.

I never once in my post stated that I hate the game, perhaps you are mistaking me for someone else. I do believe it needs insanely more work to improve if it is not too late though. The game could be top notch, but it is not.

You should calm down, take a chill pill. You come here to the forums asking for opinions about something you "don't get", yet you get furious when people do express how they feel about the game to answer your question. Relax and discuss, was that not why you came here in the first place? Or did you just want a reason to vomit all this nonsense?
To get a better understanding of what's really wrong with the game, visit this thread:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415156347

I don't think this is the same kind of complaining that was going on since beta. I actually enjoyed the game then, and was fairly positive towards blizzard/the game for a very long time. It was only during 1.0.3 where I discussed lots of the games problems, and in after I got a chance to play 1.0.5 for about a month.

Heh...

Actually I use the AH with the items I find ingame. However, I do not use any real money to buy anything. I can assure you I have efficient farming. The point with the 50k elites was that at that point, you have played for so long that you have gotten an idea of what the drops are really like. Therefore when someone who played for a longer time expresses their thoughts and opinions about drops etc, it weights much more than a beginner who has yet to reach that level of experience in the game. This is not just a game thing, you can easily relate it to anything in real life. If you ask a college student about string theory and you have a professor right next to him correcting him, whos word would weight more? The experienced professor or the just starting student? Get real. This is not about harassing you in any way, as if people around here know you to care that much.

I never once in my post stated that I hate the game, perhaps you are mistaking me for someone else. I do believe it needs insanely more work to improve if it is not too late though. The game could be top notch, but it is not.

You should calm down, take a chill pill. You come here to the forums asking for opinions about something you "don't get", yet you get furious when people do express how they feel about the game to answer your question. Relax and discuss, was that not why you came here in the first place? Or did you just want a reason to vomit all this nonsense?

It was more-so a rhetorical question. I already knew some of the things to expect as answers, but I wanted to see if anyone actually had something convincing.

I am not sure why I am having to repeat myself a fourth time, I've already been to the end game. My opinion just differs I suppose. Perhaps you should chill out and get over the fact not everyone at your level agrees with you, or has to play as much as you to pick up on simple concepts.
To get a better understanding of what's really wrong with the game, visit this thread:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415156347

I don't think this is the same kind of complaining that was going on since beta. I actually enjoyed the game then, and was fairly positive towards blizzard/the game for a very long time. It was only during 1.0.3 where I discussed lots of the games problems, and in after I got a chance to play 1.0.5 for about a month.

I agree with some of the top 10, for sure those would be better improvements. But are they worthy of not playing the game anymore as most people complain about and quit over? I don't believe so.

Good read.
yes, i played plenty of lod. in fact, i much like d3, i didn't get into d2 right away on launch, came in around 1.0.3 due to a lack of a decent computer, same reason, same patch, huh, interesting. but back on topic, all the hel, pul, and eventually ist, vex, all useless and you needed SO many to make a valuable rune and i always had poor luck, never good forges, no good drops, but i kept playing. ladder no less so i wasn't collecting gear for years. i've had better drops in d3 than i ever did in 2/lod. only found ONE ber. i just enjoy the visuals, and the gameplay. the story is kinda dumb, as it just takes elements from previous games and smashes them together haphazzardly - adria, cows involvement with whimsy, a2 being virtually the same level as 2 in d2, a3 felt like 4 from d2.. a lot of things that i wish were different instead of old story, but hey, i still find elements that i enjoy that bring me back. as i said, i don't care how badly rolled something is, i still enjoy finding things. d2 was all about rolls too. if your runeword came out low, you didn't want it.. it's always about gear stats but in 3 they've taken out the need for skill levels. if you dislike d3 so much more than 2 and wanna play 2, go ahead. nobody is forcing you to play.
01/02/2013 06:33 AMPosted by Gunny
That's purely a matter of opinion. I've watched Blizzard turn into a complete profit machine over the past few years - every move they make seems geared to making a buck and not necessarily aligned with making a quality, enjoyable game. It's not much of a stretch that if an endeavor such as D3 isn't panning out (no residual from RMAH) then it's not going to get the same level of support as the WoW cash cow.

This is personally the only major issue I have with this game. Storyline, jacked up loot, linearity... I can deal with all of that, but "making a quick buck on the side" as it seems they are trying to do (or have done, really, unless they do a lot more to try and fix it) using the diablo franchise is just wrong.

It's like renting out a picasso for weekends... you don't do that... that's going full retard.
Nobody is complaining about the difficulty of inferno since like 4 months ago.

You probably read a very old post.

But the game is still not fun at all.
Well because the community says so that's why. When you're dealing with millions of people there's bound to be a few satisfied with garbage maybe its because they simply have low standards or are amused with simplicity or whatever the reason may be. Suffice to say the majority of the community has spoken and those of us that know better unlike yourself know what Diablo 3 could and should have been and we're simply holding Blizzard accountable. Worst Diablo ever.
I'm about halfway to paragon lvl 88 and it is really taking its toll on my determination and patience. Honestly the thing that keeps me going the most used to be pvp, but now I'm just not sure why I bother anymore. PoE is starting to look pretty tempting.
01/02/2013 02:01 PMPosted by Fingerling
Well because the community says so that's why. When you're dealing with millions of people there's bound to be a few satisfied with garbage maybe its because they simply have low standards or are amused with simplicity or whatever the reason may be. Suffice to say the majority of the community has spoken and those of us that know better unlike yourself know what Diablo 3 could and should have been and we're simply holding Blizzard accountable. Worst Diablo ever.

The forums are hardly a representation of the entire community.
01/02/2013 01:24 PMPosted by Ssimple
which holds the best of the best gear in the entire continent of North America.

It's totally out of subject, but couldn't resist it: IGNORANT (sorry for the shouting, but he deserves it) North America is not a continent, that's "America" (but not as the people from the USA use it... more ignorants) North America is SUBcontinent, which means that it's part of a biger landmass (America, the continent) It's like saying the Middle East is a continent!!!

Sorry again. Luck!!