I am 90 paragon as a wizard yet....

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
I feel like the accomplishment is nothing to write home about.

I am only 10 levels away from 100, but the amount of 100 barbs I see really ruins the epicness of dinging 100.

As a wizard, I have had a significantly longer road then a barb for example, I have also not used a hellfire, or any sort of XP + gear except a gem in my helm.

Does anybody else feel cheapened of the achievement, mostly because 90% of the 100 paragon people are barbs?

Ummmm...shouldn't it be the Barbarians that feel cheapened since there are so many?

12/14/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Highlulu
if you want to actually play this game and enjoy your options are really straightforward, play a barb,

How does making the game "easier and faster" with an "overpowered class" make you enjoy the game more? I don't know about you, but I like my games to have a challenge.

but I agree with the op in that some classes have it a little harder than others.

Why does this matter in a PvE game? Doesn't being at level 100 Paragon with one of the "worthless classes" just make you that all the more amazing? Balance is for competitive PvP style games. I thought the people who think they are hardcore and hate Diablo 3's style would love playing the "gimped" class to prove how awesome they are...right? I really do think you people have your argument backwards without realizing it.
I play all class but my main focus is on barb and my bard does not have hellfire ring and just make use of the rubu for extra exp gain.

My main focus is leg rather than paragon lvl coz I know its just a matter of time I will get to lvl 100 even it may take me a year to get to that lvl. LOL
Did you know the first HC character to reach 100 was a wizard? before hellfire rings.
So its not 90% or 95% or 99.9% or an absolute number because you feel a class is better in farming in a very specific way.
What is important is what you are doing, and going to ( hopefully) accomplish is a self achievement for you, yourself, and no one else.
h4h4h4
12/14/2012 02:09 PMPosted by AllHallowsEv
If you personally prefer playing a Wizard over a Barbarian, then I encourage you to put on your robe and wizard hat, gather up your meteors, and Magic Missile some demons and hellspawn. :)

Yea you are 100% right

if meteors and magic missiles would not suck so bad and wouldnt be so slow

compared to ultra CC immune fast rocking barb

Ohohoho believe me brother, WOTB: Thrive on Chaos is useless when you have 180k dps unbuffed (barb) on mp0. Since the nerf on RLTW proc rate, you won't keep WOTB up like in 1.0.4 on mp0. On higher MPs, like mp5 to 8, you can still keep WOTB up, but mp0 remains to be the most efficient.
gave my wiz some time. really wiz has nothing to complain about compared to witch doctor.

Witch doctor in its current state is the black sheep of diablo. It seems bliz is not even aware or cares to look at any of the major problems the witchdoctor class faces with its mana regen and attack speed problems.
It's only an accomplishment if you did it without dying.
12/14/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Yondaime
As a wizard, I have had a significantly longer road then a barb for example, I have also not used a hellfire, or any sort of XP + gear except a gem in my helm.

Well that's your fault, why aren't you taking advantage of it?
gave my wiz some time. really wiz has nothing to complain about compared to witch doctor.

Witch doctor in its current state is the black sheep of diablo. It seems bliz is not even aware or cares to look at any of the major problems the witchdoctor class faces with its mana regen and attack speed problems.

Wd is faster than wiz.
I am finding Monks to be pretty bad !@# these days as do others.
http://www.diabloprogress.com/

I beg to differ, Aside from being the first to hit level 100 (first page)
Look through all the other pages, they're evenly distributed between most classes.

Imo if you ask me, archon wizard is the fastest pleveling characters right now...
A couple months ago I didnt know that when in Archron (sp) that you could still be CCed.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah when i found out.
Am I the only one who is absolutely sick of politically correct replies from CMs withtout true critisicm about the game? Being Paragon level 100 isn't an achievement: all you do is keep farming way too many hours for a number under your portrait. Nothng to unlock. It sucks. Stop acting like Diablo 3 is perfect.
A lv 100 Barb is so common that I won't impress at all. A lv 100 DH is not bad, I think that guy got some achievement. When I saw a Lv 100 Monk/WD/Wizard, I was like "WoW~~, That Guy Is Something."
I feel like the accomplishment is nothing to write home about.

I am only 10 levels away from 100, but the amount of 100 barbs I see really ruins the epicness of dinging 100.

Does anybody else feel cheapened of the achievement, mostly because 90% of the 100 paragon people are barbs?

need some peanut butter for your jelly ?
12/14/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Yondaime
but the amount of 100 barbs I see really ruins the epicness of dinging 100

Why? Wiz can hit extremely high experience/hour levels. If you couldn't figure it out it seems like your problem.
12/14/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Vaeflare
If you personally prefer playing a Wizard over a Barbarian, then I encourage you to put on your robe and wizard hat, gather up your meteors, and Magic Missile some demons and hellspawn. :)

Meteors are slightly good but I have no idea why anyone would want to use Magic Missile.

Now I want to see some footage of blues actually playing lol.
12/14/2012 01:32 PMPosted by blkdrgn
Actually no and I feel opposite. As a DH I feel like it was a big accomplishment to reach 100. I think about those Barbs and think it must have been so easy holding down buttons. No worries at all and just spin there way through the map.

CClearing MP0 Inferno is a joke with any class. DH clear the map just as fast as a barb. So don't make it sound like your something special. I wipe out MP0 with my DH and my DH Sucks.