Why we don't get any events ?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 10 Next
Speaking very candidly here, special holiday game events are cool and often inspire great gaming moments, but they tend to take a lot of time to produce (they’re very resource-intensive). They also tend to work better in persistent worlds where the gameplay isn’t tied to a finite storyline like it is in Diablo III. So, while we’re not completely opposed to the idea of in-game events if we can find a good fit (and in a way that makes sense for a world like Sanctuary), right now we feel that those resources might be better spent elsewhere on other improvements and don’t have any plans to add holiday content. In the meantime, though, we’re open to suggestions for what you think might be fun!
How about another instanced, portal type event (like the infernal machine)? :)

PewPew: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415512896
how about just giving Goblin a Xmax hat? :P
12/18/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Grimiku
right now we feel that those resources might be better spent elsewhere on other improvements and don’t have any plans to add holiday content. In the meantime, though, we’re open to suggestions for what you think might be fun!

+1. Cmon guys there is better value than a silly 1 time thing
santa hats on goblins would actually be kinda cool....
oh well.
12/18/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Grimiku
In the meantime, though, we’re open to suggestions for what you think might be fun!
Would be awesome to have some kind of holiday events like World of Warcraft has. I always loved it in WoW, I'd love to see it on Diablo 3 as well :)
a closed room full of fallen maniacs and the sole objective is to dodge them all lol maybe a new event?
a maze of treasure goblins (santa) with an equal number of invulnerable affix fallen maniacs (krampus) (mp10) sound incredibly exciting
I'd be happy with just seeing the patch notes and/or the PTR for 1.0.7 in time for Christmas.
Please send us all back our $60. Lol joke. Please update us frequently on future updates so we have something to look forward to.
I did go back to wow, so much more fun.
In a nutshell: all games get special Xmas events but not Diablo 3 which is not a persistant world, but shares a lot from World of Warcraft. You make no sense Blizzard and you fail at the community every single time.