How are hacking sites allowed to exist?

Games & Technology
This is obviously never a problem in D3, but in how many other online games that you play do you suffer a craptastic game or two due to a cheater? I'm sure almost everyone here has.

So this might be a stupid question, but if hacking violates the ToS, how is it that there are dozens of "hack" sites easily accessible via 5 seconds of google? How is this kind of thing allowed? What kind of legal loopholes are getting used here for them to be advertising a product that does this? Is it just not "illegal" here?

I know in Korea violating the ToS is actually a fine-able offense, possibly with jailtime.

Anyone know anything about this stuff?

Only reason I ask here is because this is probably by far the most populated forum I can think of off the top of my head where asking such a thing isn't completely weird.

Thanks.
That's what I figured
12/30/2012 04:14 AMPosted by Arcanian
a site giving information on building a bomb is allowed to exist, in the US it's the 1st Amendment

Don't forget that if you post info on how to build a bomb on a site, and somebody uses your instructions to hurt someone else, you can be held accountable. The constitution isn't just a list of rights, it's also a list of moral obligations and responsibilities.
It is hard to outlaw information. You get into all sorts of grey areas when you try to shut something down merely for sharing information.

These "Hacking Sites" you mention usually do just that. Even downloading the software is just sharing information. Like all things in life really, the information isn't really at fault, but how that information is used.