AC/CoB/SB Build MP10 w/vid

Witch Doctor
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
12/16/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Mau
I'd be curious to see an MP10 uber solo. You said bears were inefficient for Ubers, but the only 2 documented kills I've seen were both Bears.

There are kills with 0cd dogs, but about as fast.

As for op bears video.. dunno what is this, you use rain dance vs 1 white phasebeast at wp? Then you find worst possible elitepack heathlink + reflect.
Your armor is too low, with 6LS this high physical resist, during 100% armor bonus from horrify, you are not suppose to lose health to reflects (other than health link).
THe thing with health link + reflect combo is, that unlike other reflect you leech back only 1/3 or 1/4 (depending how many elites in pack) life back, while getting hit by full reflect damage. So essentially your life steal is cut by amount of targets with health link you approach.
But normally with 3% life steal, 8k armor (buffed) and about 900 physical resist you don't lose hp vs normal reflect (regardless on what mp it is). With 6% life steal skorn, these stats are significantly lower which makes it really easy to achieve.
Health link + reflect is only exception you need to be very careful with bears build. Other cases, you just spam bears under horrify or spirit walk and heal.
Interesting that you only have 3222 armor. Maybe if you had balanced your armor (over 4000) with your resists you wouldn't need Horrify? After all, why would someone that freezes, and uses and up close killing skill like CoB, want to fear monsters?

You should point these things out, so others don't run inefficiencies in their builds, that you are covering up with Horrify.

So then someone with good armor could use Hex/Jinx (20% more damage to Hexed monsters) or run pets, etc. instead of using Horrify.
Why would anyone ever play on MP10 unless doing ubers? Takes forever to kill elite packs.
I noticed you used RoE and WoS for your bat build but stuck with VQ with spiders for your bear build. Im curious if you've tried RoE and WoS with bears and what the results were? I've tried both with bears and found mana to be not much of an issue with RoE and WoS (build in profile) all the while being able to deal decent dmg with WoS as opposed to spiders without having to always rely of bears.

And using only bears does free up a slot
Can't wait to try this build, my current build that I use is this http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bfXdQU!bUc!acZYbZ which works fine for mp7-8, and if in a good group does well for mp 10. I'll post my results once I'm done testing (upgrading some items as well so gotta wait for that)
What would you say the minimum stats for this are.
I'd like to see, all 3 KW runs (I generally only have issues with Act II) and then a full Uber clear.

After the threads with you and chuck on friday, I went out and got a 0 cd Pile on set, and a -20 FB set. (like 3m total for all) I liked them both, but as I wasn't set up to really be defensive anymore (Use to be tank doc), it didn't go as smoothly as planned. In the end I liked the CoB build a little better, and might switch over to it, when I can afford a LS skorn.

In the end, I wanted to say good job.
12/16/2012 02:18 PMPosted by SayGa
you are a douche, btw.

ROFL

Neat build, will have to try it out
Interesting that you only have 3222 armor. Maybe if you had balanced your armor (over 4000) with your resists you wouldn't need Horrify? After all, why would someone that freezes, and uses and up close killing skill like CoB, want to fear monsters?

You should point these things out, so others don't run inefficiencies in their builds, that you are covering up with Horrify.

So then someone with good armor could use Hex/Jinx (20% more damage to Hexed monsters) or run pets, etc. instead of using Horrify.

The problem is, that you need massive armor to survive reflects. It isn't matter of 3.5k vs 4k, you gonna instagib yourself anyway. Horrify is mandatory to survive these huge crits.
Also, fear can be neglected by casting horrify right before you get close to mobs. Or moving away with spirit walk for a second to cast it. It takes some movement to turn on horrify and at the same time not fear the elites. If you cast it on top of them, fear indeed does suck.
Hey Sayga... I still see you using VQ but no primary skill to proc it... why??
Question for anyone thats tried it, how well does CoB tick LoH? Is it a skill that primarily benefits from LS?
I've tried this build out and made a few adjustments myself...

In my opinion, it is a fun and viable buid. It has it's pros and cons and for me, I'm not a fan of the skorn so i'd rather use a mojo to complete my zuni set and my skills - hungry bats (Instead of CoB) and cast from a far while Lob Blob (Instead of Acid Rain - I'll tell you why if you ask), spiders and dogs are doing tanking and damaging all at the same time.

Try it out with VoG with Acid Cloud crit and the SoS for mana regen and complete Zuni set... VoG also has mana regen with crit + the WD skill affix. To make it more awesome, SoJ with Acid Cloud Crit and your Mojo with Corpse Spiders added damage... Everything goes well in tandem with my gear...

Thanks Sayga...I made my build now because of this and I highly enjoy it. :)

Although, I still don't get why you use VQ with no primary to proc it....
12/17/2012 07:51 AMPosted by Mugel
Hey Sayga... I still see you using VQ but no primary skill to proc it... why??

It's probably a non update to his profile.
SayGa wasn't using VQ in his video, I thought I saw:
RoE, Blood Ritual, and Spiritual Attunement.

So RoE instead of VQ.
12/16/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Mau
I'd be curious to see an MP10 uber solo. You said bears were inefficient for Ubers, but the only 2 documented kills I've seen were both Bears.

Sure I will try that I suppose, BUT

I never said bears were inefficient (in general)... sigh...

I said they were inefficient in trying to kill Zoltun Kun SOLO.

IF you try to bears him (within close range), and siegebreaker is STILL ALIVE...

Zoltun WILL TELEPORT THE HELL AWAY FROM YOU WITHIN SECONDS AND LAUGH IN YOUR FACE. Unless of course you use hex. But then you are using hex purely for 1 of 6 uber bosses and it useless in all other fights i feel.

This is a documented fact, and i dont care what anyone says, I have watched ppl using bears try to kill him and its laughable when I can just stand in place and kill him with SB and he doesnt move at all.

Since virtually everyone does groups for ubers (rightfully so), they just bears down siege AND THEN kill zoltun... or just have CM wiz buddy and its GG, thus getting around this problem. But for those that have actually solo tested, they will find chasing zoltun around trying to bears him extremely cumbersome, and that SB works far better.

12/17/2012 12:54 AMPosted by aerial
As for op bears video.. dunno what is this

this is me showing you that bears, while great for damage, has this tendency TO COMPLETELY GET OWNED AGAINST CERTAIN AFFIXES.

its not JUST RD with lifelink dude. that wasnt the only run I did, I am not that kinda guy. EVERY time a waller affix spawned I had serious problems man. and if you get waller with arcane... yeah its not pretty either, regardless of RD.

like why you say over and over (and over) that bears is #1 best build, cant be beat...

and then you make the comment... oh, well, yeah, you cant kill that affix though...

yeah, sure man, super fast farming until you hit one (or two, OR THREE) elite affix combos and its gg.

well played. i guess you dont factor death into your run times? since waiting 20s to respawn doesnt make a difference, right?

you ever read any asop fables... i think there was this story about a tortoise... nevermind.

hopefully you catch my drift.

as for BBV, we both know that has nothing to do with anything, I would have just killed myself 20% faster further up that road. that is irrelevent. was is RELEVENT, is me dying what, 6 times, and each time within 10s?

...with same gear on as in the previous video.

and then you blame it on my armor... lulz

some guy in this thread tells me that "if you have uber gear, your build doesnt matter." NO, clearly that is false.

while my (paltry) 3200 armor might be just 'ok', saying that you need 4-5k armor and 900 (i have 850 or so atm) physical resist would prevent me not get annihilated... idk man,

died pretty damn fast, but its not like i dont belive you. anits just I wasnt dying ever with my own build so, basically you are telling someone with, idk, a lot of gold invested in their gear... that he needs to go back to the drawing board in order to make bears work... against ONE elite combo (while it falls flat on its face against many others, and is SO CRAPPY AGAINST KITING FOES.)

and 800 armor shouldnt matter when i have, say, 60k-70k HP, 850RA, and 25% dodge (which of course doesnt help against reflect, i know)... and use horrify.

regardless, I am not even close to a glass cannon. and saying that having 800 more amor and 3% LESS lifesteal is OPTIMAL doesnt even come close to making sense to me... at all.

once again please post vid, of your ballerness, and put all this jive talkin' to rest.

in the meantime i will try to add a freeze armor RA witching hour to the mix to put me a little higher and see if that makes a difference... but i sincerely doubt it.
SayGa wasn't using VQ in his video, I thought I saw:
RoE, Blood Ritual, and Spiritual Attunement.

So RoE instead of VQ.

yeah, the VQ was from the bears test, i forgot to remove it before i logged out.

sorry for the confusion.
Long time fan, first time post. Love the video. I really gotta get me a LS Skorn. Please post videos on your uber boss fights. I need tips on WD solo über fights. Peace.
SayGa <-I hate this guy so much. Don't watch that video!

Now, does anyone have a cheap LS Skorn for sale? :P
12/17/2012 07:35 AMPosted by aerial
Also, fear can be neglected by casting horrify right before you get close to mobs. Or moving away with spirit walk for a second to cast it. It takes some movement to turn on horrify and at the same time not fear the elites. If you cast it on top of them, fear indeed does suck.

not if they are frozen.

a frozen THEN feared enemy will stay in place for the duration of the fear, once the freeze wears off. its actually a really good combo, freeze something, then fear it. i think if you pay attention to the first vid you can see it that.

in general though its not bad at all since you tank as much as you can for as long as you can, then fear them all off you, and spam WoS and AC on the fleeing mobs until they return, in which case you just stand there and finish them with bats.

at no point are you unable to do dmg (and therefore leech life) off your enemies regardless of what affix they are or if you are cc'ing them or not.
SayGa <-I hate this guy so much. Don't watch that video!

Now, does anyone have a cheap LS Skorn for sale? :P

ROFL.

Thanks luffy.
Cool build. Someone else mentioned this, but seems like Windforce is counterproductive with CoB.... wouldn't Buriza be better so mobs don't get knocked out of CoB range? I dumped WF for Buriza for this reason with Bears build.